singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Cedric Griffin relishes air raids

[size=13pt]Vikings' Griffin relishes air raids[/size]

TOM POWERS
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 08/24/2007 12:08:09 AM CDT

Oh, boo hoo! Opponents are picking on poor Cedric Griffin. They're throwing pass after pass in his direction. They're working the kid over because they don't want to mess with Antoine Winfield at the other corner of the Vikings' defense. Woe is us!...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Cedric Griffin relishes air raids

Cedric will be knocking the tar outta some wr's this year. They'll throw at him as Winfield isn't a option most will try. A good pass rush will allow Griffin to have a banner year.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

If he's going to have a 'career year', I'm not going to complain.

It sounded kind of fun for a quote from a 2nd year player, but I do like that he has confidence in his own ability, and apparently sees every pass going his way as a chance to make a play

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I like players who are quietly confident like him. If asked, he'll say he's the best. If not asked, he'll keep his mouth shut and do his business. No trash talk garbage like Fred Smoot with no game to back it up.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Cedric will be knocking the tar outta some wr's this year.
    They'll throw at him as Winfield isn't a option most will try. A good pass rush will allow Griffin to have a banner year.
    Well he hasn't been exactly showing it so far this year. I hope he does & backs up his talk.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I like players who are quietly confident like him. If asked, he'll say he's the best. If not asked, he'll keep his mouth shut and do his business. No trash talk garbage like Fred Smoot with no game to back it up.
    That sounded like a little bragging to me. I just hope he isn't talking a bit prematurely yet. Yes, he did save a TD last week, but they moved the ball quite easily on him & he did miss some tackles.

Just to set the record straight, Smoot didn't trash talk at all last year, except for once during traing camp/pre-season.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Oh he's going to be fine, he didn't have the best game vs the Jets, but when those camp legs get fresh he'll be fine. He missed a few tackles, but when it counted he made some plays and forced the Jets to kick a field goal.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    That sounded like a little bragging to me. I just hope he isn't talking a bit prematurely yet. Yes, he did save a TD last week, but they moved the ball quite easily on him & he did miss some tackles.

Just to set the record straight, Smoot didn't trash talk at all last year, except for once during traing camp/pre-season.
    My perception was that he trash talked a lot of the time regardless of how much he was getting embarrassed on the field. Griffin said that he's silent on the field and only says something once in a while. Like the focused Marvin Harrison type. It's sometimes good to yap around a bit but when you're not backing it up. Of course, I, Like Powers, am a Smoot hater and therefore like Griffin a lot.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

What the Jets did last Friday night probably wont happen THAT much to Griffin.Lets face it preseason doesn't matter, teams do things differently because of that.No team goes into a game saying ok we're gonna throw the ball 60% of the time.Of that 60%, 40% of the passes will be to receivers covered bye Griffin.That just doesn't happen.If it did, i'm sure Chilly would pull Griffin and get him some air.He did a decent job in that game, not great, but decent.He showed his skills in the endzone covering the receiver perfectly. I think he'll really come around a couple games into the season, when he gets that feel back.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"singersp" wrote:

My perception was that he trash talked a lot of the time regardless of how much he was getting embarrassed on the field. Griffin said that he's silent on the field and only says something once in a while. Like the focused Marvin Harrison type. It's sometimes good to yap around a bit but when you're not backing it up. Of course, I, Like Powers, am a Smoot hater and therefore like Griffin a lot.
    And there you have it.