Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Cedric Griffin May Play Week 1

    gagarr wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    If we can get through tonight relatively unscathed we will be fine as Cook is due back by week 2 or 3, Grif looks ahead of schedule. IF we struggle I would look for the Pay-mah-rent tour to return to MN.


    I think that based on where the teams are and the fact that it is week 1, we will be fine.
    Even if the Vikes struggle, I don't see Paymah being any solution, because of his short team pickup.

    I would stand pat, because the Fins and Lions aren't going to go 4 wide much if at all and Paymah would only be that last CB if they do. After the bye Vikes will be at full strength. Although I doubt the Vikes will need much DB's for the Jets as I expect Sanchez to implode under all the expectations and hype, the Jets are dishing out.
    I agree. The key is whether we can get pressure with the front four.Last time we got good pressure up the middle. I think we will again.
    That should cure a lot of defensive backfield woes.
    One defensive back that got burned in the last game is gone, Benny Sapp.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re: Cedric Griffin May Play Week 1

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    slavinator wrote:
    If we can get through tonight relatively unscathed we will be fine as Cook is due back by week 2 or 3, Grif looks ahead of schedule. IF we struggle I would look for the Pay-mah-rent tour to return to MN.


    I think that based on where the teams are and the fact that it is week 1, we will be fine.
    Even if the Vikes struggle, I don't see Paymah being any solution, because of his short team pickup.

    I would stand pat, because the Fins and Lions aren't going to go 4 wide much if at all and Paymah would only be that last CB if they do. After the bye Vikes will be at full strength. Although I doubt the Vikes will need much DB's for the Jets as I expect Sanchez to implode under all the expectations and hype, the Jets are dishing out.
    I agree. The key is whether we can get pressure with the front four.Last time we got good pressure up the middle. I think we will again.
    That should cure a lot of defensive backfield woes.
    One defensive back that got burned in the last game is gone, Benny Sapp.
    I agree with your assessments. I just wanted to use the Pay-mah-rent thing And if the staff added anyone they would go with someone whom they are familliar.

  3. #33
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Cedric Griffin May Play Week 1

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    I worry more about Lito Smoot than anyone else back there.Was less than impressed by him in the preseason.

    Also would mention that Johnson played well against the Saints last year.
    My apologies for not being around enough during the preseason to comment on the players, however, I gotta agree with you on your point about Lito.

    I clearly wanted them to go after someone else, but was initially pretty happy with the signing. I hope that some of the stuff that I saw can be attributed to his rampinging up to the scheme and its slight differences.

    In the end, however, it still gets back to the front 4. If they can get pressure, even Lito will look good.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #34
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Cedric Griffin May Play Week 1

    gagarr wrote:
    I'm not saying there's a better option, my comment was directed at midgensa who wrote:
    I'm tracking now. My apologies. Coming late on some of these discussions. Been a bit busy lately....

    Which IMO the Saints will use 4 wide early and often to put as much pressure Abdullah as possible, until it stops working.
    I gotta go with Midg though, but only when it comes to when they get in the red zone. Brees will get broke if they try 4 wides to often when they get down there.

    Additionally, gonna agree with you as well. We will see alot of 4 wides, but it will be when they have alot of field to work with.

    I'm just not as worried about it as most are. Truth of the matter is, our scheme traditionally allows teams to march up and down the field, but seem to have a pretty canny knack of shutting things down when things tighten up, again, in the red zone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #35
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Cedric Griffin May Play Week 1

    Marrdro wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    I'm not saying there's a better option, my comment was directed at midgensa who wrote:
    I'm tracking now. My apologies. Coming late on some of these discussions. Been a bit busy lately....

    Which IMO the Saints will use 4 wide early and often to put as much pressure Abdullah as possible, until it stops working.
    I gotta go with Midg though, but only when it comes to when they get in the red zone. Brees will get broke if they try 4 wides to often when they get down there.

    Additionally, gonna agree with you as well. We will see alot of 4 wides, but it will be when they have alot of field to work with.

    I'm just not as worried about it as most are. Truth of the matter is, our scheme traditionally allows teams to march up and down the field, but seem to have a pretty canny knack of shutting things down when things tighten up, again, in the red zone.
    That's because teams can't run the ball and with a short field our DB's can run with their WR's. Plus, our LB's can shut down their TE's too. Vikes don't give teams many options in the red zone.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. cedric griffin.......
    By DublinOhioMike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
  2. Cedric Griffin Picture....
    By IBleedPurple11 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 01:21 PM
  3. rookie notebook: week 2 Cedric Griffin
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 03:08 PM
  4. Cedric Griffin: The hit man
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
  5. Cedric Griffin
    By Webbigale2002 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 09:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •