Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cedric Griffin May Play Week 1

gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    If they go 4 wide, we're getting to Brees. Believe that.
    This ... I don't know what people are so scared of "4 wide."

No team goes 4 wide that often because it gets QBs killed. They went 4 wide like an average of 4 times a game or something like that last season.

The depth problem is not "what do we do when they go 4 wide" it is what do we do when they go three wide and we have to play ALL of our corners EVERY play.
    I imagine since we have a 3rd sting safety covering the 4th wide out they would be smart to go to 4 wide. This is unless Griff is back. Brees is more than capable of avoiding pressure to get it to an open WR for a big play.
    That's only if you accept that Abdullah is 3rd string. I don't.

And Winfield has said in the past that Abdullah is the Vikings best pass coverage safety.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

No team goes 4 wide that often because it gets QBs killed. They went 4 wide like an average of 4 times a game or something like that last season.

The depth problem is not "what do we do when they go 4 wide" it is what do we do when they go three wide and we have to play ALL of our corners EVERY play.
    I imagine since we have a 3rd sting safety covering the 4th wide out they would be smart to go to 4 wide. This is unless Griff is back. Brees is more than capable of avoiding pressure to get it to an open WR for a big play.

And Winfield has said in the past that Abdullah is the Vikings best pass coverage safety.

=Z=
    When did he say that? Quote?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Zeus wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

=Z=
    OK Abdullah isn't 3rd sting but by the depth chart he's #4, but it looks like that has changed. Regardless given the quality of the Vikes safeties saying he's the best doesn't make him good.

4 wide... early and often, unless Griff is back and is playing OK, then maybe ever so often but definitely more than 4 plays.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

Not if we play them tight. Jam at the line, it throws off everyone's timing. The 1/2 second we get from that will make the difference.

4 Wide sounds scary, but it's not. 4 WRs mean either one back, or one TE, who MUST be in protection against us.

3 corners + a safety over the top, plus linebackers in coverage, and the quality of our pass rush makes a pretty favorable matchup for me IMO.

My only concern, shared by Midgensa, is 3 guys playing all game.

We have to keep our D off the field.

Do I think Brees won't make a play against us? Certainly not, but I do believe in 4 wide we have the advantage.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Mr Anderson wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

Not if we play them tight. Jam at the line, it throws off everyone's timing. The 1/2 second we get from that will make the difference.

4 Wide sounds scary, but it's not. 4 WRs mean either one back, or one TE, who MUST be in protection against us.

3 corners + a safety over the top, plus linebackers in coverage, and the quality of our pass rush makes a pretty favorable matchup for me IMO.

My only concern, shared by Midgensa, is 3 guys playing all game.

We have to keep our D off the field.

Do I think Brees won't make a play against us? Certainly not, but I do believe in 4 wide we have the advantage.
    I think we will see our DL being rotated HEAVILY in this game to keep them fresh. That will up our pass rush and hopefully keep the entire defense off the field.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

Judd Zulgad (of the STrib) said that this morning on the Power Trip Morning Show with Mike Morris. He said that Winfield told him that. Best I can do.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

Judd Zulgad (of the STrib) said that this morning on the Power Trip Morning Show with Mike Morris. He said that Winfield told him that. Best I can do.

=Z=
    Its on the Access Vikings segment that was on the startribune.com site today

Zulgad and Scoggins both acknowledged that Abdullah was the best pass coverage saftey they have.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

slavinator wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

=Z=
    Its on the Access Vikings segment that was on the startribune.com site today

Zulgad and Scoggins both acknowledged that Abdullah was the best pass coverage saftey they have.
    "Best" doesn't mean "Good"

I still think the Saints are going to test him early with 4 WRs. Success will make for a long day if the pass rush isn't getting to Brees fast enough.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    gagarr wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:

=Z=
    That's good enough for me, I trust you. Just wondering if that was a recent thing or maybe from awhile back. I watch a lot of access vikings, just haven't seen any ones in the past week or so.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I'd have to believe that, after dragging himself up out of the turf the third or fourth time, Bress would be inclined to veto the 4-wide sets. And if he's smart, so would Payton.

Won't help in the long run, though. We'll still get to him.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast