Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Cause of the Vikes' problems and Introduction

Alright, alright... after reading the forums for many months without replying I decided it was time to chip my 2 cents in (change please!) and identify the true cause of all the Vikings woes... are you ready?

It was... the Herschel Walker trade!!!!!!!!!

I know... I know, hard to believe it's that simple but it is!

Okay, so about me... born and raised in ND, Vikes were the closest thing to a sports team we had, been following them longer then I've been able to walk.
    I'm 28 years old... temporarily (for 8 years now, yikes!) residing in NJ, work as a Program Manager (when I'm not reading the forums and arguing with the Childress haters!)

About my "fanhood"...

I supported both the Moss and Culpepper trades.
    While I do not deny the talent of either individual their complete lack of professionalism and "me first" mentalities are a cancerous force.
    The Class act teams in the NFL do not have those types of personalities.
    Would I like the new and improved Moss back in Purple and Gold?
    Hell
    yes... but it was the right decision at the time.

I miss Cris Carter as a player, mentor, and leader for the Vikings...

I think Jake Reed was under-rated his entire career with the Vikings...

I never liked Brad Johnson as a "game manager"... the QB position is too important to put someone back there just hoping they won't screw up.

I support TJack because I think he has both the physical gifts and the desire to be a great QB in the NFL.
    I do not know why so many are trying to judge his ability at the NFL level after a handful of games.
    As Childress was quoted as saying in a recent article, "if you judged most pros half way through their first year you wouldn't have any players left in the league."
    QB is the hardest position to transfer from college ball to the pros.
    It takes time, TJack should be allowed that time and people need to stop rushing to judgement.
    Funny how I don't see people calling for Peyton's head after throwing 6 INTs Sunday night but TJacks 4 INT game as a first year starter is enough for someone to want to kick out of the league.

I support Childress.
    Not because I like his personality but because I like the direction of the team.
    He could have taken the easy way out and put a team on the field that might compete, might make the playoffs.
    Instead he decided to completely rebuild the team into a team that will be elite year after year and will win us a Superbowl trophy.
    We have a solid core of players that will continue to grow this year, next year, and beyond.
    We will soon see the fruits of those labors and I hope the haters are willing to eat the crow that I will be serving at that point.
    I see good things in the future for the team.

I dunno what else to say... y'all will read my posts and figure me out.
    I understand the game, hope to be insightful with my points, and try to limit my purple vision when analyzing situations.
    Look forward to chatting with some of you and arguing with others!
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Cause of the Vikes' problems and Introduction

Very nice my newest purple friend.

Judging by this post and the ones I have read, you will post well and often.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to the site BleedingPnG, enjoy'd your post, look to read more of your insite.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome and nice post!
    I remember the Hershel tade and I thought he was going to be the fist "Purple Jesus."
    He may have been had we used him the way he was intended. Instead we tried to make him fit our mold. I think some of that continues today and so you are right in that assumption.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nice post BleedingPandG, sure you'll have fun time and great discussions here - having 'lurked' for so long then you already have an idea of the people on here.
    Welcome to the site !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Welcome and nice post!
    I remember the Hershel tade and I thought he was going to be the fist "Purple Jesus."
    He may have been had we used him the way he was intended. Instead we tried to make him fit our mold. I think some of that continues today and so you are right in that assumption.
    Remember when he ran out of his shoe?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...53C1A96F948260

Kindof interesting that given what the organization gave for him and his importance to the team, he still returned KO's.

Hmmmmmmm.

:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Yes! Yes! I mean something that happened nearly 20 years ago is the reason the Vikings are in such a rute now. Ok I mean it was the biggest bonehead trade, but I do want to say that this is no reason why the Vikings are in the state we are in today. You sound like someone in their 40s. Yes its a regret but how about the movement away from the sometimes loved/hated Denny Green. Guy made the playoffs nearly every year with the Vikes. I believed he only missed twice in 10 years...don't quote me on that but someone probably knows the real answer. Than we got rid of five star players (Moss, Culpepper, Randle, Christy, McDaniel), two retire(Carter, Smith), and one die(Stringer). This should lead to the idea that our talented team fell apart after our failure to make the Super Bowl in the 98 season. I'm not saying that the guy is wrong, but to blame something that was nearly two decades ago on how the Vikings have been doing lately is just wrong. Why I could blame the Vikings play on the fact their was a strike in the 80s or the fact that Atlanta traded Favre to the Packers. I'm just saying that the long lasting effects of the trade have run their course. All the guys that Dallas got with that deal are retired. Let it go!
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Nice post BleedingPandG.
    I've been "temporarily" living in Delaware for 12 years now...I can relate.
    Loved your last sentence, that says it all...welcome.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

the walker trade is just the most embarassing thing thats happened to our team i'd say.. and yes i still say that after all the BS thats happened over the past couple years.

we built the cowboys dynasty :P but oh well, welcome to the site lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    the walker trade is just the most embarassing thing thats happened to our team i'd say.. and yes i still say that after all the BS thats happened over the past couple years.

we built the cowboys dynasty :P but oh well, welcome to the site lol
    I think when we missed the draft pick is the worst/most embarrassssssing thing.
    :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast