Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Right now, I don't have a single problem with Cassel coming here. And Yes, looks to be a done deal now......Welcome Matt
    Ned, how are you man? A few years ago when I was here, I believe you were living in Connecticut and had problems with your back? Everything good now?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    I would rather have him start a wild-card round playoff game than Joe Webb. So good signing. He looked bad in KC but so did everyone else for the last two years.

Now go get a defensive player, so were not solely relying on draft picks next season. That sentence only really applies to Rick Speilman, so everyone but him disregard it. D #

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Seriously- He is a backup and will be a hell of a lot better one than Webb could ever be. You need a guy like him who can step in and play when needed.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    On paper it looks like the Steelers are about to start a HUGE rebuild. Harrison gone and Polamalu also on his way out the door. How would you guys feel about making a huge trade for Big Ben? We have plenty of draft picks to work with and I would love to build around him for his remaining prime years.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Seriously- He is a backup and will be a hell of a lot better one than Webb could ever be. You need a guy like him who can step in and play when needed.
    I'm starting to feel the same way. I just don't want a QB competition. I'm not going to judge a QB on how he played under Todd Haley. If he is good enough to back up Tom Brady, he is definitely good enough to back up Ponder. I just really want that franchise guy to build around. And neither one of this guys is going to be that person. Agreed that he is 10 times better than Joe Webb though. This was a good depth move if we paid him less than 4M / year.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I would take Big Ben. Hell, I may even kick in to hire a few chicks for him to grope when he comes over to interview.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I would take Big Ben. Hell, I may even kick in to hire a few chicks for him to grope when he comes over to interview.
    He is the most attainable franchise QB. Already won 2 Championships. Helps develop young receivers. That backyard approach added to our line and running game would be a match made in heaven.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    On paper it looks like the Steelers are about to start a HUGE rebuild. Harrison gone and Polamalu also on his way out the door. How would you guys feel about making a huge trade for Big Ben? We have plenty of draft picks to work with and I would love to build around him for his remaining prime years.
    Not wild about that. he's aging, and constantly hurt. Steelers fans are already wanting to see someone drafted to replace him in the next couple years. No doubt he can play, but for how long and how effectively? Ponder was getting hammered behind our line, with how Ben holds the ball, he'll die on the field.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Signing Cassel means Spielman's odds of bringing in Tebow are virtually zilch now. I can live with that.

Schlereth & co. were on ESPN laughing about the QB controversy that could arise with two bad QB's trying to win the starting role.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Signing Cassel means Spielman's odds of bringing in Tebow are virtually zilch now. I can live with that.

Schlereth & co. were on ESPN laughing about the QB controversy that could arise with two bad QB's trying to win the starting role.

I am praying that McLeod Bethel-Thompson has taken a big step forward and becomes our starter. Then we don't have to worry about the two knuckle heads creating a controversy.

I want a guy that can zip the ball in there, call me crazy but watching MBT last preseason i was impressed and thought he tossed the ball like Drew Brees minus the accuracy. You can correct accuracy.

But anyways Matt Cassel is better than Joe Webb hands down.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast