Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 91
  1. #71
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    415
    I couldn't care less if Ponder loses his job due to injury. Cassell, at this point, has shown himself to be the better QB and the one that gives us the best chance to win. Kaepernick, Brady, and Warner got starting jobs due to injury to a starter, but their coaches were smart enough to understand that playing the best guy is what it's all about.

  2. #72
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I couldn't care less if Ponder loses his job due to injury. Cassell, at this point, has shown himself to be the better QB and the one that gives us the best chance to win. Kaepernick, Brady, and Warner got starting jobs due to injury to a starter, but their coaches were smart enough to understand that playing the best guy is what it's all about.
    Kap is really the only one that did. Brady and Warner got hteir jobs due to Season ending injuries. That's not the case here. Ponder should be ready to go in a couple weeks, and then it's decision time.

    I really do hope that Cassel starts, I don't expect the world from him, but his poise, experience and arm is much better than Ponders

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,196
    I have to say that Cassell looked a little better than Ponder this game. His passes seem to have more zip to them, and he looks a little more confident out there.

    The defense is still suspect to me though. We gave up 27 points to a struggling Steelers team. In my opinion the only real difference between this game and the last 2 was the defense actually sealed the deal at the end of the game.

    Should be interesting to see who starts at QB next game.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

  4. #74
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    It's true, I watched the post game interview on WCCO. David McCoy asked him if he's switching to Cassel and Frazier laughed and quickly said, "no Ponder is the starter when he's healthy".
    There are the key words.

    I wonder how soon Frasier will tell Ponder he isn't healthy yet & won't be healthy in time for the Panthers game in 2 weeks.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #75
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207
    Vikings should name Cassel starter

    "Ponder rarely threw the ball downfield with timing and authority. Even his completions left his wideouts leaning, leaping or diving, and his incompletions left them looking skyward, seeking patience."
    Jim Souhan: Vikings should name Cassel starter | Star Tribune
    Last edited by singersp; 09-30-2013 at 06:51 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #76
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    I dont know what I would base it on [now] other than what Ive seen with the naked eye, Frazier said, via Ben Goessling of ESPN.com. Id have to look at the tape, look at our football team and then come back and evaluate what we need to do to come back a better team. Thats what I base it on. I think it would be premature for me to say anything other than what Im saying now.
    Frazier leaving the door open for Cassel. I don't think there is a chance in hell that Ponder starts against Carolina.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #77
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Frazier leaving the door open for Cassel. I don't think there is a chance in hell that Ponder starts against Carolina.
    well if he starts Ponder based on what he sees on tape then it would mean that Frazier has some serious issues with his vision. How hard is it to evaluate that the team was more confident, made plays despite some of the playcalling and looked far better when moving the ball?
    Look at the first play from scrimmage, a quick slant pass to Simpson for a 13yd pickup and 1st down. If that was Ponder he'd still be trying to work out which way to hold the ball.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  8. #78
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Kap is really the only one that did. Brady and Warner got hteir jobs due to Season ending injuries. That's not the case here. Ponder should be ready to go in a couple weeks, and then it's decision time.

    I really do hope that Cassel starts, I don't expect the world from him, but his poise, experience and arm is much better than Ponders
    Not sure I understand your point. I just said those three guys got starting jobs due to injury. Whether it was season ending or not is imaterial. Did we ever see Green or Bledsoe play for their teams again once their replacements proved they were better QBs?

  9. #79
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,734
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    There are the key words.

    I wonder how soon Frasier will tell Ponder he isn't healthy yet & won't be healthy in time for the Panthers game in 2 weeks.
    Musgrave's daytimer has been update with the following items



    Wednesday 8:30 am ask Ponder about ribs, punch Ponder in chest
    Thursday 8:30 am punch Ponder in chest, ask about ribs
    Friday 8:30 am have AP punch Ponder in chest, update Ponder as doubtful on injury report.

  10. #80
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,940
    Great game... we actually threw the ball down the field with intermediate routes. Defense had to respect the pass so AP had running lanes. Overall we just looked like a much better offense with Cassel in there.

    Personnel packages and play calling are still suspect, esp. in the 4th quarter, although it was better than when Ponder is in the game. Defense is awful.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •