Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Frazier said in the post game that Ponder was still his guy
    Was that a live post game, or were they replaying the quote from earlier?
    It's true, I watched the post game interview on WCCO. David McCoy asked him if he's switching to Cassel and Frazier laughed and quickly said, "no Ponder is the starter when he's healthy".
    I'm gonna do everything I can to not react to this disappointing declaration. WTF ARE YOU THINKING LES? Oops

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I'm gonna do everything I can to not react to this disappointing declaration. WTF ARE YOU THINKING LES? Oops
    I'm really hoping htat was the PR move to do. Hopefully he'll evaluate Cassel as a viable starter, and give him a chance to win the game.

I understand not wanting to take the job away from Ponder due to an injury, it doesn't send the right message. At the same time, sitting the only quarterback with a win on our roster this year is not sending the right message either.

LIVike is offline Starter
    I like to think the key thing from the frazier quote is when he's healthy. Maybe just maybe to save face they will keep coming up with injuries for ponder instead of growing a pair and benching him. If Cassel isnt starting next game I expect the dome to really show displeasure.
    None

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    I like to think the key thing from the frazier quote is when he's healthy. Maybe just maybe to save face they will keep coming up with injuries for ponder instead of growing a pair and benching him. If Cassel isnt starting next game I expect the dome to really show displeasure.
    I'm willing to bet if Ponder starts, he'll get booed his first snap. Honestly we've become almost as bad as Eagles fans in that way.

LIVike is offline Starter
    I say before the game because they will announce the offensive starters before the game. There will be a revolt.
    None

Blog Entries
    Looking over the game, this is EXACTLY how we predicted(hoped) it would go.

Peterson breaks loose vs. Steelers.
    Felton provides spark to get run game going
    Cassel looks good, plays efficient football
    Defense cracks down on run game, still suspect through the air (please come back Antoine)
    Playcalling improves when we don't have to worry about Ponders inexperience (Sad that I still have to say this)

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I'm willing to bet if Ponder starts, he'll get booed his first snap. Honestly we've become almost as bad as Eagles fans in that way.
    If Frazier puts him in instead of Cassel, do you blame them? This games was fun to watch, and Ponder games give me heartburn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    If Frazier puts him in instead of Cassel, do you blame them? This games was fun to watch, and Ponder games give me heartburn.
    Booing the starting QB accomplishes nothing. Just gets his morale down and causes problems. If you want to, be my guest, I won't. If Ponder plays, I'll hope he does great. You can bet I'll ream him out on the boards, but I don't boo players, just coaches.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Booing the starting QB accomplishes nothing. Just gets his morale down and causes problems. If you want to, be my guest, I won't. If Ponder plays, I'll hope he does great. You can bet I'll ream him out on the boards, but I don't boo players, just coaches.
    I don't get to go to games, living in Oregon. But I was just trying to say Frazier, not Ponder, deserves to be booed in Ponder plays. Besides, after all the opportunities Ponder has been given, booing really can't make him much worst...a loss is loss.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I don't get to go to games, living in Oregon. But I was just trying to say Frazier, not Ponder, deserves to be booed in Ponder plays. Besides, after all the opportunities Ponder has been given, booing really can't make him much worst...a loss is loss.
    IMO, only acceptable time to boo, when we punt when we should be going for it, kicking a field goal from the 1, Coach makes a serious screwup (challenging a non-challengable call), knee to end a half/go to OT when it takes two knees to run the clock out. Things like that. ponder trotting out of the field, isn't it. Support your team.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast