Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by umaguma1979 View Post
    Cassell has shown both at NE and at KSC that with a good supporting cast he is capable of leading the offense to successful outcomes. Sometimes with a change of QB the rest of the offense wakes up and a shakeup helps to ride the ship.
    While I'm rooting for Cassel (as our new QB) to do great, he also showed at KC that with a good cast he was capable of running the ship aground. Given the number of Pro Bowlers (7, I think) the Chiefs had last year, Cassel proved he WAS the weakest link. I can only hope the porous OL can give him enough time in the pocket to get to his 2nd or 3rd reads before he gets sacked. Mobility is not his strong suit...in two of the three games he's faced the Steelers, he was sacked five times (that's each game, not total)
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Ponder gets rattled.

Cassel gets rattled.

Offensive line lets Vikings QB's get rattled.

Let us hope Musgrave is up to the challenge. Gotta make defenses pay for an eight man box and run blitzes with quick strikes into vacated zones.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Matt Cassel will get the start today. I hope that he is sharp and plays well.

I hope he does not look like the second coming of Donovan McNabb with the Minnesota Vikings, as Cassel did in the second and third preseason games, and throw so many balls into the dirt. Cassel needs to stay calm in the pocket, get good reads, and get the ball out quickly to open receivers. If he can make high percentage throws and not be stupid with the football, he should do fine.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    What Matt wasn't, last season, was a very accurate guy. Cassel told reporters Friday that he must protect the ball better after tossing 22 interceptions in his last 17 appearances. Sadly, that's identical to Ponder's pick count in as many games.
    Doh! Unfortunately, I think they are very similar, but it wouldn't take much to show a big improvement. Other thing is, the Steelers are 3rd best in passing yards allowed with only 2 passing TDs in 3 games.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Doh! Unfortunately, I think they are very similar, but it wouldn't take much to show a big improvement. Other thing is, the Steelers are 3rd best in passing yards allowed with only 2 passing TDs in 3 games.
    The biggest improvement would be if Cassel can read the downfield quicker. If that happens then the chance of the ball getting quicker is much improved - that alone would be a huge upgrade.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    I am happy to admit that I'm wrong...looks like Cassel has a MUCH better arm. Looks a little rusty, but, it also looks like there are more options for play calling. Good first half...keep it going boys.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Cassell does have a much better arm. Look! A quick out that is actually quick. His arm strength looks about double Ponder's. Story has yet to be written, but I'm ready to send Ponder down the road.

LIVike is offline Starter
    Its amazing how much better Peterson is when we have a qb that can move the ball and get the defense to back off. The decision making and the zip on the ball alone should make Cassel the starter after the bye. I did not know Cassel had that strong of an arm.
    None

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    He's made a couple throws today, including the 3td quarter TD to Jennings, that Ponder can only dream of. He even threw the ball before the receiver made his cut on the post route. And look at how successful Peterson is if they have to respect play action. Amazing isn't it?

If they decide to put Ponder back in I'm going to projectile vomit!
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast