Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    The offensive line is rated in the bottom 10 in pass protection according to Pro Football Focus. Cassel is far less athletic than Ponder. His only hope is getting rid of the ball quickly IMHO. Ponder couldn't do that but he made up for it with his shitty accuracy. Bottom line, they both suck and our Vikes' only hope is that Felton is a HUGE difference maker in the running game.
    If they can get the run game going Cassel should have some success. If not, things probably won't look much better.
    Defense needs to get a pass rush or it won't much matter.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    True, but I would rather see the move made by the coach publicly because he felt Ponder's performance warranted him being benched and not through the guise of an injury.

Just like I would like to see Bishop getting more playing time based on the performance of the guys currently playing ahead of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    He has been balling for us. Why don't we replace Sanford with him is just mind blowing.
    It isn't mind blowing. It probably has something to do with the fact that Bishop is a Linebacker & Sanford is a Safety.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If Cassel gets dinged we are in line to see MBT and at this point that is really all I want to get from the season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Add Simpson to the list of Vikings players who are glad to have Cassel in the huddle......

Jerome Simpson glad Matt Cassel's in Vikings' huddle

Jerome Simpson glad Matt Cassel's in Vikings' huddle - NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    The injury is suspect, imo. But I don't care either way!

Dear Matt Cassel

TEAR IT UP! This is your shot.....make. it. count.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Cassell has at least shown in the past that he can do it. He was pretty good in his first season at KC, and can't be blamed all that much for his second, missing his #1 WR and #1 RB (who is also an excellent receiver) for most of the season. Last year, not many excuses, I grant you. But he has done it. All we can do is hope that that Cassell is the one who shows up tomorrow (and perhaps the rest of the season).

It won't be entirely on his shoulders, though... I can't forget that we were ahead with less than a minute to go in each of our last two games. So Ponder played well enough to win, as bad as it might have looked. He wasn't on the field when our opponents each mounted a game-winning last second drive.

Defense, you can't play well for 55 minutes and then fall apart. Step it up and don't let them do it to you again!

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach
    Cassell has shown both at NE and at KSC that with a good supporting cast he is capable of leading the offense to successful outcomes. Sometimes with a change of QB the rest of the offense wakes up and a shakeup helps to ride the ship.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I didn't think any of the comments made by Simpson or Jennings were that definitively for Cassel.

Cassel isn't that much better to make his teammates say, this is definitely the best decision to change QBs.

This is going to be a long season.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I didn't think any of the comments made by Simpson or Jennings were that definitively for Cassel.

Cassel isn't that much better to make his teammates say, this is definitely the best decision to change QBs.

This is going to be a long season.
    They also don't want to say anything that can be construed as a criticism of Ponder, in case he does return to the field... and they share a locker room.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    True, but I would rather see the move made by the coach publicly because he felt Ponder's performance warranted him being benched and not through the guise of an injury.

Just like I would like to see Bishop getting more playing time based on the performance of the guys currently playing ahead of him.

He has been balling for us. Why don't we replace Sanford with him is just mind blowing.
    Umm, maybe because Bishop is a LB and Sanford is a safety?
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast