Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Injury may be real - it may not be. Doesn't matter.

What matters is this is a golden opportunity for Cassel. And maybe a chance (albeit a small one) for the Vikings to right the ship a bit.
    True, but I would rather see the move made by the coach publicly because he felt Ponder's performance warranted him being benched and not through the guise of an injury.

Just like I would like to see Bishop getting more playing time based on the performance of the guys currently playing ahead of him.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    We NEED to know if Cassel can bring this team together. Both sides of the ball are under-performing, and IF I'm right, they need someone/something to bring them all to the table. The Bucs veterans got rid of Freeman, and perhaps that was starting in Minnesota.

If so, we might see a completely different team on Sunday. At this point, I don't even CARE what the score will be,..I just want them to look like they left it all on the field, you know?

VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Matt Cassell can you righten the ship! God this change could be the spark we need.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    True, but I would rather see the move made by the coach publicly because he felt Ponder's performance warranted him being benched and not through the guise of an injury.

Just like I would like to see Bishop getting more playing time based on the performance of the guys currently playing ahead of him.
    He has been balling for us. Why don't we replace Sanford with him is just mind blowing.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Injury may be real - it may not be. Doesn't matter.

What matters is this is a golden opportunity for Cassel. And maybe a chance (albeit a small one) for the Vikings to right the ship a bit.
    In Cassel we trust.
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    He has been balling for us. Why don't we replace Sanford with him is just mind blowing.
    I cannot figure out why one part of management bent over backwards to get him, and the other seems one step away from cutting him. At least, that's what it sounded like on the NFL network's coverage of training camp.

Anyone else get that vibe?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    One step closer to the Hyphenator!

I hope Cassel will surprise me but I have my doubts. I want to see McLeod in a game before the years ends to see what we possibly have, I just hope he is studying his ass off on how to read a damn defense. Ponder can't even figure out how to look at a different receiver let alone try to figure out what the defense is doing. We will soon find out if Cassel is up to the task.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Well Cassel was only good for one season in KC. But hopefully he will bring a spark to the offense come Sunday!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't see Matt bringing the long ball to the Vikes on a regular basis but his short and medium reads and accuracy are a welcome change. Matt also brings a little swagger to the QB position, and players feed off that, and it can if given time build up the receiver corps. I could also see Kyle catching 8-10 passes. For now let's not talk about our DB's other than Harrison who is a pure breed stud.

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Cassel starting QB Sunday - confirmed

The offensive line is rated in the bottom 10 in pass protection according to Pro Football Focus. Cassel is far less athletic than Ponder. His only hope is getting rid of the ball quickly IMHO. Ponder couldn't do that but he made up for it with his shitty accuracy. Bottom line, they both suck and our Vikes' only hope is that Felton is a HUGE difference maker in the running game.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast