Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

    You wanted Vick and yet you are judging this FO and their ability to evaluate a QB? That pretty much sums it up. Glad to see you are still spreading positivity through the WWW.

  2. #22
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,770
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We waited till late July to sign McNabb. I wouldn't call that addressing the QB situation with the seriousness it deserves.
    You do recall there was a lockout happening

  3. #23
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well then why don't you give me the rundown of the number of SB's won after Rodgers, Brady, Manning,Brees and the rest of those QB's got their monster contracts and then we can continue this conversation. Paying top dollar to elite QB's reduces the amount of money that can be spent on team depth and when that happens it is much harder to field a balanced team that is capable of winning a championship.

    But I know facts like that have little room in your world.
    Dude,
    I really try to not get into these idiotic arguments with you because your arguing points be so freaking stupid. Yes the price of an elite QB is high. However, last time i checked teams are falling over themselves to try and draft a good one. Now why would that be? Also I rather pay an elite QB 17 mil a year than the 17 million we are paying our DE. You are ok with paying an elite back 100 million, and elite DE 17 million but the position that had the biggest impact on the field, you want to dumpster dive. Do you see why the idiocy that spews out your mouth gets me upset.

    Now that your argument is now moot.... I believe there is going to be a change in the NFL in one of two ways, either teams are going to stop paying these Qbs this high or...teams are going to start drafting and cycling replacement QBs before said elite QB reaches the point where they must be paid 22 million a year.

  4. #24
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We should have waited longer to sign McChunky- like never or longer.

    You wanted Vick and yet you are judging this FO and their ability to evaluate a QB? That pretty much sums it up. Glad to see you are still spreading positivity through the WWW.
    I am honest on the players I wanted unlike some of you that never man up to the things you recall.
    Vick and Favre both had near MVP like season since they were signed....but don't let that those facts stop you.
    Vick also played for the worst OL in football and for a coach that refuses to run the ball but don't let things like facts stop you. I will also like to point out that Vick didn't do it with Adrian Peterson running the ball for him. Shady is no slouch but he's wasn't used as he should have been and Vick took a beating from that Oline. Go play somewhere, I'm busy.

  5. #25
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Glad to see you guys are still co-signing each others post like life partners.

  6. #26
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    In your first post you say they haven't invested heavily enough into the QB position. In your second post you complain they invested too heavily. Can't have it both ways.
    What would you have done? (btw, we are in a better position than the eagles, Vick is a disaster, and got $100million).
    Actually,
    I said we haven't invested SMARTLY or HEAVILY in the QB position.
    We aren't in a better Qb position than the Eagles no matter what the purple drank tells you.
    We are better in a lot of areas (RB and OLINE) that aid the QB but CP is not a better QB than Vick. No one if given the choice would that CP of Vick. When you add to the fact that the Eagles also have 2 young QBs that may blossom into replacement for Vick, while we have Cassell and an unknown with questionable skill, I don't see how you can make that statement.

    Look I get it, Vick is an easy target given his contract, previous crimes, his style and his previous hype. I don't believe that he is a top 10 QB in this league but he is easily top 15 and is on the B level Qb level. As much as you guys might not want to see the forest for the trees, his line was a wreck the last two years and cannot stay healthy. A QB is nothing without his line. Which makes even less sense for his coach to continue to call passing plays, over and over again.

  7. #27
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Dude,
    I really try to not get into these idiotic arguments with you because your arguing points be so freaking stupid.
    Nice. This coming from the guy who doesn't even understand basic math. Whatever.

    Yes the price of an elite QB is high. However, last time i checked teams are falling over themselves to try and draft a good one.
    Drafting them gives you a few good years before the contract comes up and yes, they are great to have on your team I am not denying that. But I think you are going to see teams pull back from the high dollar QB's in the future and spend more on stopping them and putting together a balanced team. Until then think what you want.



    Now why would that be? Also I rather pay an elite QB 17 mil a year than the 17 million we are paying our DE.
    17? This year the contracts are topping 20 Million dollars a year. But yeah, Allen is overpaid IMO.



    You are ok with paying an elite back 100 million,
    No, I am not. Where did you see me say that? Got a link?

    and elite DE 17 million but the position that had the biggest impact on the field,
    Where did I say that? I think if you poke around after you pull your head out you might see that i was in favor of trading him for picks and playing griffen because he was cheaper, younger and can give us that talent at a lower price for a longer time.


    you want to dumpster dive.
    Conjecture- You are just pulling shit out your ass now.


    Do you see why the idiocy that spews out your mouth gets me upset.
    Coming from the guy who bitches about the FO while proclaiming he wanted mike Vick. Yeah, you are a regulr nostradummus.

    Now that your argument is now moot.... I believe there is going to be a change in the NFL in one of two ways, either teams are going to stop paying these Qbs this high or...teams are going to start drafting and cycling replacement QBs before said elite QB reaches the point where they must be paid 22 million a year.
    Now that is the first intelligent thing you have said in a hell of a long time. Funny thing is that is exactly what I was saying. But if that happens-as you just stated you think it will and as I stated I feel should and will happen- you just blew up the whole first paragraph of your rant.

    carry on.

  8. #28
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I am honest on the players I wanted unlike some of you that never man up to the things you recall.
    Oh yeah, you have the franchise on honesty. Here is your badge.

    .

    Vick and Favre both had near MVP like season since they were signed....but don't let that those facts stop you.
    Did you honestly just compare the season Vick had to the one Brett had?

    Cred points.




    Vick also played for the worst OL in football and for a coach that refuses to run the ball but don't let things like facts stop you. I will also like to point out that Vick didn't do it with Adrian Peterson running the ball for him. Shady is no slouch but he's wasn't used as he should have been and Vick took a beating from that Oline.
    Do you remember the OL we had when Brett was here?


    Go play somewhere, I'm busy.
    Failing

  9. #29
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Glad to see you guys are still co-signing each others post like life partners.
    Just remember- nobody asked for you opinion. You have the choice to not respond. if you respond with a load of crap you are going to get called on it.

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •