Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hopefully you don't interpret my post as a defense for Ponder. If we have a better option I am all for it. But yeah, the irony that some show is certainly telling.
    Nope don't think you're defending him, the way I view Ponder is indifference now which appears to be taken as defending him cause there isn't the disdain or something stronger that's needed to be fair to his predecessors at the position.....like Favre or McNabb

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    "We don't need a Brady, We don't need Brees, We don't need Rodgers."
    Never quite understood that logic. Why be average (at best) at the most important position in football.
    That's like buying a Ferrari with Kia engine parts. Why bother? Just be the Cleveland Browns then.
    It's no coincidence to me that a team that has not targeted good QB play by investing SMARTLY and heavily into the QB position is Ringless.

Well then why don't you give me the rundown of the number of SB's won after Rodgers, Brady, Manning,Brees and the rest of those QB's got their monster contracts and then we can continue this conversation. Paying top dollar to elite QB's reduces the amount of money that can be spent on team depth and when that happens it is much harder to field a balanced team that is capable of winning a championship.

But I know facts like that have little room in your world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    All I got out of this is you are completely sold on Ponder and will be defending him all through training camp...
    Figures...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I'm starting to get confused between the sarcasm, irony, bitterness and disillusioned (I might be here) but think I can still recognized delusional (pretty sure Marrdro lives here or least vacations in this zip code...fishing is good)

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ponder will be starting regardless of who is the best QB in camp. The only way Cassel gets the nod is if Ponder can't physically play or the season is lost.
    I hear ya, but, if Ponder shits the bed in all preseason games or 3 of 4, or, starts, 0-2 or 0-3, I won't be surprised if Cassel gets the call.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    "We don't need a Brady, We don't need Brees, We don't need Rodgers."
    Never quite understood that logic. Why be average (at best) at the most important position in football.
    That's like buying a Ferrari with Kia engine parts. Why bother? Just be the Cleveland Browns then.
    It's no coincidence to me that a team that has not targeted good QB play by investing SMARTLY and heavily into the QB position is Ringless.
    In the last 5 years they have brought in the top FA QB twice(Favre, McNabb), and used the 12th overall pick(Ponder), plus they brought in Cassel this year. It's not for lack of effort that we don't have a QB.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Cassel ready to challenge Ponder

Ponder was a reach at 12. Time to draft smarter at QB position but really our luck stinks in that department.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    In the last 5 years they have brought in the top FA QB twice(Favre, McNabb), and used the 12th overall pick(Ponder), plus they brought in Cassel this year. It's not for lack of effort that we don't have a QB.
    We waited till late July to sign McNabb. I wouldn't call that addressing the QB situation with the seriousness it deserves.

I'll give you Favre although I wanted Vick.

Using the 12th pick to pick the 4th or 5th QB in a draft is just lunacy. There is no way the 4th player at any position taken is the top 12 player in the draft. It would mean that tons of teams blew their draft pick. Still historically we have dropped the ball addressing the position. 1/3 ain't bad though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    We waited till late July to sign McNabb. I wouldn't call that addressing the QB situation with the seriousness it deserves.

Using the 12th pick to pick the 4th or 5th QB in a draft is just lunacy. There is no way the 4th player at any position taken is the top 12 player in the draft. It would mean that tons of teams blew their draft pick. Still historically we have dropped the ball addressing the position. 1/3 ain't bad though.
    We should have waited longer to sign McChunky- like never or longer.

You wanted Vick and yet you are judging this FO and their ability to evaluate a QB? That pretty much sums it up. Glad to see you are still spreading positivity through the WWW.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

In your first post you say they haven't invested heavily enough into the QB position. In your second post you complain they invested too heavily. Can't have it both ways.
    What would you have done? (btw, we are in a better position than the eagles, Vick is a disaster, and got $100million).
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 07-30-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast