"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Cassel ready to challenge Ponder

He should be our starter

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    He should be our starter
    Whomever does the best in training camp and preseason should be the starter.

But the reality of it is the Ponder is going to start the season. He will have a very short leash though. Best case scenario, Ponder makes serious progress at QB and we are winning handily. Second best case, Ponder sucks but we win anyway, and Cassel comes in and looks like his former pro-bowl self. Worse case scenario, they both stink.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't care who starts or finishes if they can do the job. We don't need Tom Brady. If we can get consistent, low mistake play we can challenge for the SB if the rest of the players we brought in can do their jobs.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Ponder will be starting regardless of who is the best QB in camp. The only way Cassel gets the nod is if Ponder can't physically play or the season is lost.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

So the same mindset that got us 4 years if Jackson is still and play and while you defended it then you suddenly have a problem with it now that Ponder is the beneficiary?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So the same mindset that got us 4 years if Jackson is still and play and while you defended it then you suddenly have a problem with it now that Ponder is the beneficiary?
    I fined your irony ironic And its kinda funny that it keeps rolling on when there isn't any diehard following for Ponder other than Marrdo's pie in the sky vision that its going to all work out with Ponder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I fined your irony ironic And its kinda funny that it keeps rolling on when there isn't any diehard following for Ponder other than Marrdo's pie in the sky vision that its going to all work out with Ponder

Hopefully you don't interpret my post as a defense for Ponder. If we have a better option I am all for it. But yeah, the irony that some show is certainly telling.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hopefully you don't interpret my post as a defense for Ponder. If we have a better option I am all for it. But yeah, the irony that some show is certainly telling.
    All I got out of this is you are completely sold on Ponder and will be defending him all through training camp...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    "We don't need a Brady, We don't need Brees, We don't need Rodgers."
    Never quite understood that logic. Why be average (at best) at the most important position in football.
    That's like buying a Ferrari with Kia engine parts. Why bother? Just be the Cleveland Browns then.
    It's no coincidence to me that a team that has not targeted good QB play by investing SMARTLY and heavily into the QB position is Ringless.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast