Re: Cassel or Quinn could be Vikings' next QB

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48067.msg891963#msg891963 date=1231182671]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891951#msg891951 date=1231181861]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=48067.msg891948#msg891948 date=1231181507]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48067.msg891930#msg891930 date=1231180515]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891919#msg891919 date=1231180076]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48067.msg891916#msg891916 date=1231180021]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891908#msg891908 date=1231179552]
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=48067.msg891905#msg891905 date=1231179405]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891892#msg891892 date=1231178799]
    Let's just get Cassel and Palmer and have an All-USC QB club? Eh? I mean, we already have Booty!

Maybe bring in Leinart for a look?
    I think Derek Anderson would be a better option that all of them.... if he had receivers that could hold onto the ball and half the running game we have, he'd be a pro bowler again...!
    I was being sarcastic.

But I think Palmer would be the best FA we could go after, but I have a feeling we'll bring in Trent Dilfer or something... that's Chilly's MO.
    Since you seem to have a crystal ball and are ALWAYS right (in your own mind) let's see if they try and bring in Dilfer.
    After all you are always right.
    If not Dilfer, he'll go for Trent Green.
    Mr. I am always right.

[/quote]

[img width=450 height=279]http://tshirtmaven.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/a812_bm1.gif[/img]
    [/quote]

I don't mind, I am always right.

And if people think I'm wrong about Childress being an awful coach, I'll be here to remind you next year.
    [/quote]

I will be here to receive it too but I will also remind you how you think CHildress will go after Dilfer and Trent Green.
    What needs to be said now is what are your expectations of Childress next year.
    If you say it will only be successful if we win the superbowl all that will be is ridiculous expectation.
    Not unheard of but still ridiculous.
    With that thought every coach that doesn't make the superbowl should be fired.
    If they don't make the playoffs that will tell me he is ready to be fired.
    [/quote]

That Dilfer and Green comment was made in jest... I said it was Chilly's MO.

Either way, I'll probably end up being right about that too.
    [/quote]

Actually if you want to be technical it was Denny Green's and Mike Tice's MO too.
    It's been the Vikings MO since the early 90's to go out and get an older QB as a bandaid.
    However, I will say if the Vikings go out and get either one of these QBs I will bow down and admit that Childress needs to go.
    I will be highly surprised if that happens.
    [/quote]

so what would you call Daunte Culpepper??

comparison:

Denny:
    Cunningham, Warren Moon, Jim Mcmahon, Gannon, Brad Johnson

Tice:

Brad Johnson, Culpepper

Chilly:
    Washed up Brad, TJack, Mike McMahon, JT O'Sullivan, Brooks Bollinger, and Kelly Holcomb

atleast Denny brought in older bandaid QB's that actually did something and had a resume to back up decent careers...

Chilly brought in players that were never good...

and arguably, whoever denny installed at QB, they would always pick up where the other left off.. his offense was always good... his defense sucked...

Not exactly a apples to apples example when you actually look at the detail.
    [/quote]

I would call Daunte an exception but still all 3 coaches did the same thing.

[/quote]

the difference is his two predessors did it with players that have proven track records... Brad was washed up.. then all chilly did after that was bring in a bunch of journeyman backups that couldn't cut it anywhere else, and not getting legitimate guy...

did any of the possibliities he brought in other than say Tjack have a realistic chance of either starting or being a viable option at QB??.. even viable options at backup??... NOooooo!!!!
    [/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Tice bring back Johnson?
    There was no reason for Childress to get a QB his first year after he had Johnson placed as the starter who did a fine job in 2005.
    He drafted TJ with very limited options.

In 2007 he slated TJ as the starter.
    Would I have wanted another QB to come in to compete?
    Yes.
    But the question is who was available?

Bollinger could have.
    He was young but he just didn't pan out.
    Holcomb was a 13 year vet and was the best available at the time that knew the system.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891976#msg891976 date=1231183773]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48067.msg891963#msg891963 date=1231182671]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891951#msg891951 date=1231181861]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=48067.msg891948#msg891948 date=1231181507]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48067.msg891930#msg891930 date=1231180515]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891919#msg891919 date=1231180076]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=48067.msg891916#msg891916 date=1231180021]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891908#msg891908 date=1231179552]
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=48067.msg891905#msg891905 date=1231179405]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48067.msg891892#msg891892 date=1231178799]
    Let's just get Cassel and Palmer and have an All-USC QB club? Eh? I mean, we already have Booty!

Maybe bring in Leinart for a look?
    I think Derek Anderson would be a better option that all of them.... if he had receivers that could hold onto the ball and half the running game we have, he'd be a pro bowler again...!
    I was being sarcastic.

But I think Palmer would be the best FA we could go after, but I have a feeling we'll bring in Trent Dilfer or something... that's Chilly's MO.
    Since you seem to have a crystal ball and are ALWAYS right (in your own mind) let's see if they try and bring in Dilfer.
    After all you are always right.
    If not Dilfer, he'll go for Trent Green.
    Mr. I am always right.

[/quote]

[img width=450 height=279]http://tshirtmaven.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/a812_bm1.gif[/img]
    [/quote]

I don't mind, I am always right.

And if people think I'm wrong about Childress being an awful coach, I'll be here to remind you next year.
    [/quote]

I will be here to receive it too but I will also remind you how you think CHildress will go after Dilfer and Trent Green.
    What needs to be said now is what are your expectations of Childress next year.
    If you say it will only be successful if we win the superbowl all that will be is ridiculous expectation.
    Not unheard of but still ridiculous.
    With that thought every coach that doesn't make the superbowl should be fired.
    If they don't make the playoffs that will tell me he is ready to be fired.
    [/quote]

That Dilfer and Green comment was made in jest... I said it was Chilly's MO.

Either way, I'll probably end up being right about that too.
    [/quote]

Actually if you want to be technical it was Denny Green's and Mike Tice's MO too.
    It's been the Vikings MO since the early 90's to go out and get an older QB as a bandaid.
    However, I will say if the Vikings go out and get either one of these QBs I will bow down and admit that Childress needs to go.
    I will be highly surprised if that happens.
    [/quote]

so what would you call Daunte Culpepper??

comparison:

Denny:
    Cunningham, Warren Moon, Jim Mcmahon, Gannon, Brad Johnson

Tice:

Brad Johnson, Culpepper

Chilly:
    Washed up Brad, TJack, Mike McMahon, JT O'Sullivan, Brooks Bollinger, and Kelly Holcomb

atleast Denny brought in older bandaid QB's that actually did something and had a resume to back up decent careers...

Chilly brought in players that were never good...

and arguably, whoever denny installed at QB, they would always pick up where the other left off.. his offense was always good... his defense sucked...

Not exactly a apples to apples example when you actually look at the detail.
    [/quote]

I would call Daunte an exception but still all 3 coaches did the same thing.

[/quote]

the difference is his two predessors did it with players that have proven track records... Brad was washed up.. then all chilly did after that was bring in a bunch of journeyman backups that couldn't cut it anywhere else, and not getting legitimate guy...

did any of the possibliities he brought in other than say Tjack have a realistic chance of either starting or being a viable option at QB??.. even viable options at backup??... NOooooo!!!!
    [/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Tice bring back Johnson?
    There was no reason for Childress to get a QB his first year after he had Johnson placed as the starter who did a fine job in 2005.
    He drafted TJ with very limited options.

In 2007 he slated TJ as the starter.
    Would I have wanted another QB to come in to compete?
    Yes.
    But the question is who was available?

Bollinger could have.
    He was young but he just didn't pan out.
    Holcomb was a 13 year vet and was the best available at the time that knew the system.

[/quote]

I don't want to get into a pissing match with you over this but I don't agree!!...

yes, tick brought BJ back, but as a back up and not an unquestioned starter... it was only after pepp got hurt that he was even playing... and correct me if i'm wrong but brad wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire when he did come back and lead us to a 7-2 record after that carolina game..

aside from that, Brad got rid of a franchise QB only to fail to bring in Garcia, Brees, or anyone that resembled a QB, drafted a center they still to this day are trying to convert a RT for the pepp pick, and then trade 2 3rd rounders for a guy they are still trying to develop!!..

brought in a bunch of journeymen, and don't tell me bollinger and Holcolmb were viable options if you knew anything about football you'd know that's not true... Billy Volek would have been a better fit and he was a free agent!!..

Add that to the fact, childress admitted to being sick if he would lost Thigpen and then exposing him to the waiver wire....

not to mention getting rid of our 3rd string QB who was already on the roster in Shaun Hill who's played better than any QB we've had outside of Gus Frerotte... and you have blunder after blunder after blunder... so don't get beside yourself and think that he made wise personnel decisions at the QB position and say there wasn't anyone available...

there was/were people available and either he was too chicken to pull the trigger or even sniff at another QB or is not the Self-Proclaimed world famous QB guru that got him this job in the first place to know the difference...

either way you look at it.... he wasn't ready to be a HC, is learning rather slowly on the job, and has yet to develop the talent he drafts/brings in and is flexible enough to curtail his KAO to use them effectively...

it's no wonder our defense is good.. atleast he leaves that to the guys who know what their are doing and that is about the only thing that has served us well....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Starter: Brett Favre
    Backup: Derek Anderson
    3rd String: #1 Draft Pick Tim Tebow (Sam Bradford stays for another year and Lions draft Matt Stafford)

Ok I can dream!
    ;D
    Time to update.

Starter: Brett Favre
    Backup: TJ
    3rd String: Tim Tebow

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

We have not much cap for a pro-bowl QB ,I bet we ll keep Tarvarias and Booty dropping Gus and get some Vet ,again,I dunno may be Hasselbeck or something .I don´t think we draft another youing Qb with our early picks,our OL must/should be the first concern.
    El underdog.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233