Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Cassel or Quinn could be Vikings' next QB

http://www.twincities.com/ci_10519390?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

The most viable starting quarterback for the Vikings to pursue after the season would seem to be Matt Cassel, who is filling in for injured Tom Brady with the New England Patriots. Cassel, 26, can become an unrestricted free agent at season's end. So can the Arizona Cardinals' Kurt Warner, 37. The Vikings could try to trade with the Cleveland Browns for Brady Quinn, 23, but he's unproven. Regarding Tampa Bay's Jeff Garcia, 38, the Vikings have not been impressed.

St. Paul Pioneer Press

Also posted on FanNation. My last topic got deleted, but I searched and it came up with no previous matches, so here ya go. Also would like to note that this is not another anti-Gus thread. I just posted it because it was interesting, and Viking related.
    Retired 12/21/08

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Cassel or Quinn could be Vikings' next QB

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_10519390?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

The most viable starting quarterback for the Vikings to pursue after the season would seem to be Matt Cassel, who is filling in for injured Tom Brady with the New England Patriots. Cassel, 26, can become an unrestricted free agent at season's end. So can the Arizona Cardinals' Kurt Warner, 37. The Vikings could try to trade with the Cleveland Browns for Brady Quinn, 23, but he's unproven. Regarding Tampa Bay's Jeff Garcia, 38, the Vikings have not been impressed.

St. Paul Pioneer Press

Also posted on FanNation. My last topic got deleted, but I searched and it came up with no previous matches, so here ya go. Also would like to note that this is not another anti-Gus thread. I just posted it because it was interesting, and Viking related.
    I don't know who the Vikings might get to be the long term answer.
    A lot of it depends on the rest of this season and how we finish.
    The Vikings go to the playoffs and win a game or two, look for a return of that QB or the vikings shopping around for a guy like Kurt Warner to win now.
    The Vikings are one and done or miss the playoffs there might be some turmoil and a guy drafted in the first round to groom while w do what the Vikings do best and carousel QBs like back in the Denny Green days.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

I believe that, like Brad Johnson was a couple years ago, Gus Frerotte is just serving as a temporary fix. He may lead us to the playoffs, but what then? He is a 15 year NFL veteran with arm strength and experience on his side, however is battling inconsistency. Good for now? Sure. For the long haul? Absolutely not. I am just worried we sign someone like Jeff Garcia as another 2 year temporary fix. I think we should take another chance on a young, promising prospect (ex: Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, etc...). Without taking such a risk, we cannot expect anything much better than our usual mediocrity. 8-8? That's great. But not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Take a risk Zygi!
    Retired 12/21/08

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I believe that, like Brad Johnson was a couple years ago, Gus Frerotte is just serving as a temporary fix. He may lead us to the playoffs, but what then? He is a 15 year NFL veteran with arm strength and experience on his side, however is battling inconsistency. Good for now? Sure. For the long haul? Absolutely not. I am just worried we sign someone like Jeff Garcia as another 2 year temporary fix. I think we should take another chance on a young, promising prospect (ex: Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, etc...). Without taking such a risk, we cannot expect anything much better than our usual mediocrity. 8-8? That's great. But not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Take a risk Zygi!
    I think we see how Cassel does with weapons in NE before he comes to this misfit receiver core.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Brady Quinn is going nowhere.

He will be starting here in Cleveland real soon (especially after todays awesome performance).

I would say 50-50 on him starting next week.

I like how Brady Quinn is unproven, but no such clause is attached to Cassel.
    So 1-1 with 300 yards total in two games starting is proven now?
    Just kind of funny.
    But I guess by the end of the season there will be some sort of book on the guy.

It's still far in the future, but a I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see the Vikes go after Quinn or draft a QB in the first round at the end of the season.
    Even if Frerotte does well and you bring back both him and Tarvaris, it's always good to bring in potential franchise QBs.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Way to go twisting the title of the article you linked:

Could Matt Cassel be the next Minnesota Vikings quarterback?

It's a question, you made a statement that is very misleading.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A bit soon to be speculating on a topic such as this isn't it?
    :

My guess is that they will be interested in someone none of us are even considering.
    Sage would be the number one guy I would think they might pursue again, or, just maybe..........

They just might look at one of thier young QB's they have been developing.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

:

My guess is that they will be interested in someone none of us are even considering.
    Sage would be the number one guy I would think they might pursue again, or, just maybe..........

;D
    Bah, all QBs in this league suck toad except for one or two.
    Whatever happened to the days of QB dominance in the league.
    *sigh*
    Or is that just a jaded memory?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Webby" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

;D
    Bah, all QBs in this league suck toad except for one or two.

Whatever happened to the days of QB dominance in the league.

*sigh*

Or is that just a jaded memory?
    LOL, You are wise beyond your vested years my friend.
    ;D

I agree.
    The state of QB'in in the NFL is a sham.
    Case in point, the Titans won tonight based on the crappy play of the opposing teams QB.
    Romo is slinging it to almost anybody that wants to catch it etc etc etc.

Game managers seem to be the guy teams are looking for.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast