Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    El Vikingo is online now Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yes, but he said it immediately in the post game, and later on in the same press conference he said that he would have to watch tape and they would have to make decisions as a team. He said that "without looking at any tape" Ponder was the starter.... but he left that open.

Cassel will be starting against Carolina. Mark my words.
    Frazier needs to take another look at the game to realize what any casual can see in 3 snaps?

BS If he hasnt the cojones to do whats better to us ,we should fire his ass
    Last edited by El Vikingo; 10-01-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    El underdog.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Frazier needs to quit worrying about the Cassell/Ponder decision, which should have been made by now, and figure out how to get the defense out of the cellar. Near the bottom in both yards and points allowed. Won't matter which QB plays if he's playing from behind all day.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    I think what Frazier said is part of the usual subterfuge. He wants to keep the next opponent guessing a little on which QB they will have to prepare for.
    As an example, Ponder had an MRI Monday before leaving for London. The radiologist reads those MRI's for NFL teams right away. They knew Ponder wasn't going to start before they left the states. Cassel knew he was going to start and let his buddy Tom Brady know. Brady spilled the beans.
    Frazier and Ponder played the ' I don't know who is going to start' game until Friday when they had to announce their injuries.
    I think they already know who is going to start after the bye, but will continue to keep it a mystery. I suspect Ponder will have ongoing rib problems until Cassel lays an egg.
    If not, then Frazier is probably in his last year as a head coach.
    One other thought. As a defensive head coach he is failing. If he can't figure out a way to fix the defensive woes during the bye, the QB he starts wont make much difference. He has the opportunity, with the bye week, to make some changes on defense. If he stands pat, I think he is toast.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    When I think about someone like Peyton Manning scanning our defense before the snap, my blood goes cold. We MUST start mixing up packages and become more dynamic. Using the same ol' same ol' only works against bottom rung QBs (like ours, I bet the defense looks good in team scrimmages).

Look at what Ryan did for the Saints...and you cannot tell me the players on THAT defense improved that much over the off season.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I think what Frazier said is part of the usual subterfuge. He wants to keep the next opponent guessing a little on which QB they will have to prepare for.
    As an example, Ponder had an MRI Monday before leaving for London. The radiologist reads those MRI's for NFL teams right away. They knew Ponder wasn't going to start before they left the states. Cassel knew he was going to start and let his buddy Tom Brady know. Brady spilled the beans.
    Frazier and Ponder played the ' I don't know who is going to start' game until Friday when they had to announce their injuries.
    I think they already know who is going to start after the bye, but will continue to keep it a mystery. I suspect Ponder will have ongoing rib problems until Cassel lays an egg.
    If not, then Frazier is probably in his last year as a head coach.
    One other thought. As a defensive head coach he is failing. If he can't figure out a way to fix the defensive woes during the bye, the QB he starts wont make much difference. He has the opportunity, with the bye week, to make some changes on defense. If he stands pat, I think he is toast.
    I suspect your right, on all fronts.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    It funny I heard Frazier on Sirius this morning and he, well I hope he was,, trying to be tricky when asked about his starter against the Panthers in less than 2 weeks and he said he wanted them to have to prep for both guys. Well the said truth from the way I see it they just have to prep for Cassel and if Ponder starts just scrap all the coverage schemes at game time cause they won't be needed......sorry to shoot any holes in your craft plans coach but one of your qbs is not very diamensional not sure if you noticed that on the tape

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    It funny I heard Frazier on Sirius this morning and he, well I hope he was,, trying to be tricky when asked about his starter against the Panthers in less than 2 weeks and he said he wanted them to have to prep for both guys. Well the said truth from the way I see it they just have to prep for Cassel and if Ponder starts just scrap all the coverage schemes at game time cause they won't be needed......sorry to shoot any holes in your craft plans coach but one of your qbs is not very diamensional not sure if you noticed that on the tape
    I am pretty sure this is what Frazier is trying to do. Even a little bit of advantage helps...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Frazier just said that Ponder is the starter if healthy.

Unlike those of you who believe this is some sort of clever ruse by Leslie....I think he's just stupid enough to do it.

Having watched his team put up a balanced offensive attack for the first time all season -
    Having watched his QB throw accurate passes fir the first time all season -
    Having watched his receivers actually command the respect of a Defense for the first time all season -

....he's going to go right back to the guy who could do ANY of that....all season.

FUCKING FIRE FRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And take the Wilfs with you!!!!!!!!!!

Caine

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We have seen guys come in and look good for a game and then fall apart so like i said, I am not going to jump on any bandwagons at this point.
    I don't think you need to jump on the Cassel bandwagon to be against Ponder starting.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yes, but he said it immediately in the post game, and later on in the same press conference he said that he would have to watch tape and they would have to make decisions as a team. He said that "without looking at any tape" Ponder was the starter.... but he left that open.

Cassel will be starting against Carolina. Mark my words.
    I saw the same post game but the other way around. He had the presser where he said he needed to look at the tape to determine how well Cassel played (was he not watching the game?), and after the presser he gave an interview on WCCO where he declared Ponder the starter if healthy. In fact he laughed at David McCoy for even asking the question.

My gut says Cassel will be starting because Ponder will still be nursing the ribs. Ponder might be nursing those ribs until Cassel has a bad game, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ponder starts again even if Cassel continues to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Frazier needs to quit worrying about the Cassell/Ponder decision, which should have been made by now, and figure out how to get the defense out of the cellar. Near the bottom in both yards and points allowed. Won't matter which QB plays if he's playing from behind all day.
    You're right about that, our defense is on pace to shatter the record for most passing yards allowed in a season. That's what happens when you hire the DB coach from one of the worst pass defenses in NFL history to coordinate your defense.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    That strategy isn't going to work, the Panthers aren't dumb. They'll prepare for Cassel and dare Frazier to start Ponder.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Leslie Frazier vague on Vikings quarterback situation

Read more here: Leslie Frazier vague on Vikings quarterback situation | Sports | The Sun Herald

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast