Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

In Case you Missed It.

I like him. I think he is a coach that is hard on his players when he has to be, and he is also there for them and right there cheering with them! I hope they keep him into the next ownership (I still have my fingers crossed for Glen Taylor) and when we actually spend all of our cap money, we will be fielding an even better team and we will get to the promise land! That's just me though!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

GBFan is offline Starter

In Case you Missed It.

I dunno, I don't think a coach should be saying stuff like "Word up dog" or sh!t like that. Coaches are supposed the be the matured person in the lockerroom. Tice just seems like another player, not a coach. You wouldn't see Belichek saying that crap to his players. And if one of his players made comments like the way Moss did, he'd light a fire under his a$$. Now, besides that, I hate the Pats and hope they lose.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

In Case you Missed It.

I don't think Moss is trying to show the world that he is a good guy. Personally I don't think he could care less what is public perception is or what johnny reporter or football fan thinks about him, and it is hard to knock him for that.

Looking at it from his perspective, he has been hounded by the media since he started playing in college. They have done very little to actually give any sort of vindication or credit to him throughout his career. Even if he goes out an catches 3 TD passes on Sunday it won't matter to them.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

In Case you Missed It.

True, but you also didn't see Belichek play for 14 years in the league.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

In Case you Missed It.

"Word up, dog?"

I get laughed at because I still say "Dude".

Wish I had Tice's street cred.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

GBFan is offline Starter

In Case you Missed It.

"jackyl" wrote:
    True, but you also didn't see Belichek play for 14 years in the league.
    exactly! Tice is/was a player, not a coach. That's just my opinion.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

In Case you Missed It.

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "Word up, dog?"

I get laughed at because I still say "Dude".

Wish I had Tice's street cred.
    Fo' shizzle, my mizzle!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

In Case you Missed It.

He IS a coach. He WAS a player. That's why he has credibility with his guys. That's why they like him. He's not a "book" coach, who was never good enough to do anything other than fetch water for his high school QB. He had a long and successful career as a player, and his player mentality and the way he speaks doesn't won't overnight, nor does it need to IMO.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

In Case you Missed It.

"jackyl" wrote:
    He IS a coach. He WAS a player. That's why he has credibility with his guys. That's why they like him. He's not a "book" coach, who was never good enough to do anything other than fetch water for his high school QB. He had a long and successful career as a player, and his player mentality and the way he speaks doesn't won't overnight, nor does it need to IMO.
    Remember he was a QB at Maryland in college, so he gets additional points for playing the "skill" position, as well as having played TE in the pros, so he also has cred with the grunts for having played "in the trenches". :salute:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

In Case you Missed It.

"cajunvike" wrote:

Remember he was a QB at Maryland in college, so he gets additional points for playing the "skill" position, as well as having played TE in the pros, so he also has cred with the grunts for having played "in the trenches". :salute:
    Sorry, dude...I don't care how many points he has or how much cred he has. I'm much happier with him coaching your team than mine. Just reminds me of the 40-something teacher you have in high school who tries to be your buddy and says fo' shizzle or something. He's a coach, not a homeboy.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast