V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Carter on Bennett

Your predictions seem logical to me Fred

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Carter on Bennett

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "speedy" wrote:
    Talk about overrated. All Cris Carter ever did was catch touchdowns.
    And run his mouth to everyone around him till the point they wanted to puke. It's been said he was the real cancer in the locker room, not Randy back in the day. He needs to get over it, report on the entire NFL instead of taking pot shots at the Vikes .... IMO

I know that this opinion doesn't necessarily fly around this place, however I tend to agree with you entirely. Carter is the one that turned the Vikes side line into a bloody circus! On the football field there weren't many better then CC, as a football analyst CC needs a lot of work! MB overrated is sort of like calling Vick under-rated, it just doesn't make any sense!!

Cheers!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"fred3105" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "fred3105" wrote:
    Best in the business: LT
    Most underrated: Corey Dillion
    Most overrated: Clinton Portis
    Ready to break through: Stephen Jackson
    Rookie to watch: Eric Shelton
    Backup to watch: Larry Johnson
    Biggest 2005 surprise: Hmmm... Ill just go with Travis Henry
    .....Eric Shelton is your rookie to watch

Clinton Portis, a back who has never rushed for less than 1,200 yards is your most overrated

...and Travis Henry, who will end up spelling Chris Brown on 3rd down is your biggest surprise

Yeah....
    Foster will get hurt who knows if Davis will even play so why not Eric Shelton?

Who is more overrated than Clinton Portis? The guy is considered a top back but had one of the worst YPC last year only ahead of 50year old Emmitt Smith. He had the least amount of 20+yd runs and the least amount of TDs out of like top20 RBs.

Once again like Carolina, Chris Brown will get hurt constantly probably because he runs standing straight up which leads to injuries. Let me hear who you think will suprise next year?
    Uhm. Clinton Portis had one of the worst YPC because he played behind a line that couldn't make holes, yet found them anyway. And still produced. You know, unlike our boy, Michael BEnnett.

Foster MIGHT get hurt, he might not. Same with Chris Brown. You can't guarantee it - and even if he does get hurt early, he will still be back in time to damage Henry's numbers.

Who do I think will surprise next year? I'd say Stephen Jackson, but that won't be a surprise. I'm going to go with Julius Jones. He may go over 1,600 yards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

bennett right now is an invisible back...to bring up him being rated at all is not worth mentioning. we will see what bennett can do this year. he will play his best cause it is a contract year.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

By his best you mean we'll get 2 7 yard bursts per game with one 70 yard td every four games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Carter on Bennett

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "speedy" wrote:
    Talk about overrated. All Cris Carter ever did was catch touchdowns.
    And run his mouth to everyone around him till the point they wanted to puke. It's been said he was the real cancer in the locker room, not Randy back in the day. He needs to get over it, report on the entire NFL instead of taking pot shots at the Vikes .... IMO
    Ok, I agree that Cris Carter shouldn't be in the commentating/ analyst business, but this is just crazy talk. I would ask for some proof of your lame argument, but it doesn't really matter because my opinion of the man isnt changing. He has done too much for my team.

I'm surprised there are even Vikes fans who hate Cris Carter. That is like a Packer fan who hates Brett Farve, it just doesn't happen and it never should.

As far as the issue on Bennet goes, that's just crazy talk as well. He never gained enough respect for people to take respect away from him.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I am a huge Carter fan but a Sports Illustrated piece written before the first season without Carter on the team hinted that Carter was the cancer and not Moss. I believe it was Birk who said something along the lines of the guy everyone wanted was still on the team, meaning Moss over Carter. I apologize if this is incorrect but I am almost certain thats what the artciel said.

Nevertheless, Carter was a great Viking. Nobody can argue otherwise despite things he's said since he played for us.

[color=red]

well it being said year in and year out that bennett is gonna have a big break out season and then never producing would make him over rated .

as far as carter , he gets paid to do what every single one of us do for fun. so for him to run his mouth and get paid for it is great .

i may not agree with everything that every media outlet produces , but untill i get a check from ppo for my posting , then i am pretty sure that my complaining about some one elses opinion will go unheard .

and to hate CC is blasfamy . u should have your horns clipped and sat in a corner to think about what you have just said.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i always like CC just get confused at what he's saying sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12