Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We have no DB on our team by the name of Rodgers.

I'm not sure how you can make that claim. He completed 73% of his passes. He did have two bad throws that got picked, but he also had 3-4 passes on target that were flat out dropped by the receivers that were accurate throws and another catch made by Rudolph that would have been called complete and a TD had he kept both feet in. 32 of 44 (73%0 is what he had. 36-37 of 44 (82%-84%) is what it should have been.
    The pass that mattered was the first pick; after that happened, the teams confidence went out the window. Cassel became another Ponder, and everyone went into "don't get injured" mode.

The guys on NFL Gameday Final all agreed that playing Schaub was a bad decision for the TEAM, that the team wanted to go with Yates and they played without heart due to a bad coaching decision. THE POINT IS teams can and do quit when the wrong man is leading their team, and I think we saw the same thing in Minnesota when Cassel threw that pick.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    This quote mirrors my thoughts exactly. Frazier always has that dumb look on his face as he says, "I thought we did some good things... we'll have to go back and look at the tape."

Musgrave is just Childress 2.0. Some moron who thinks he's smarter than he actually is and can't figure out a way to get his best players involved. Hope he never coaches again in the NFL, he's a fraud.

We cannot hire from within again. We need to make a splash and get a coach who has a winning resume... no more settling for mediocre coaches and being satisfied with revenue sharing from the league to bring in money.
    Frazier has had that dumb as a box of bricks look since he arrived in Minnesota and has gotten more dopey looking since - I swear you could put him out on the front garden for Halloween as the 'body on the lawn' and no-one would realise that was a real person.

What is more galling with the defence is that we have a HC who used to be a DC and he hasn't noticed how crap they are playing and that the schemes used don't work.
    No doubt Ponder was a problem early in the season and we are going to be better without him, however that was a good smokescreen used to overlook how poor the defence has been. We got schooled in our house and I'm waiting to see what our great HC has to say about it. By the way lets not overlook Musgrave our great OC who couldn't call the police using a payphone which only had the 9 & 1 buttons in place.
    In short the entire bunch needs to go but clearly that is not going to happen before the end of the season as no-one is available to step in now. So we are going to have to suffer Mo, Curly & Larry ( Frazier, Musgrave & Williams to use their aliases ) until January. Zygi then needs to hold proper interviews and not pick the first interviewee ( ala Childress ) or a current coaching staff member (ala Frazier) as happened before. That way we might just get someone who knows something about football. They can also be there to assess the current players and give some genuine insight into which players to keep and which should go- whether released, cut or traded if anyone will have them.

Coming off a bye and preparing the team and then said team playing the way they did is inexcusable. Frazier is a complete moron - can't even call him a half-wit as that implies something is there - as are his coaching staff.
    Time to fire their sorry arses Zygi !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

If giving the team a week off worked, it wouldn't be so bad...but the team LOOKED like they had not thought about football for TWO weeks. Worst, the coaching staff was going to give AD the day off no matter how much he needed the release only hitting someone during a game gives him. 10 carries all game is inexcusable.

I expect Freeman will be playing next Sunday, and we will see if the team accepts him, or if they have given up for the year.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    If giving the team a week off worked, it wouldn't be so bad...but the team LOOKED like they had not thought about football for TWO weeks. Worst, the coaching staff was going to give AD the day off no matter how much he needed the release only hitting someone during a game gives him. 10 carries all game is inexcusable.

I expect Freeman will be playing next Sunday, and we will see if the team accepts him, or if they have given up for the year.
    Item: Leslie Frasier would never have gotten even one interview for a head coaching job except for the Rooney rule. He''s not done a thing in this league to warrant that he is capable or up to that job except that he's a minority. That's not racist, thats the FACT . If you don't agree, read off his resume for me so I understand why he got interviews across the league?

Item: Rich Speilman was a CHEAP hire for the Wilfs after they disbanned the ridiculous Triangle of NO Authority. Here's another hire that has no merit in fact that he's up for the job. He's been a failure EVERY place he's been. It's a cheap ass owner not wanting to pay for Quality proven leadership. GM's are made by the game changing drafting or signings of free agents. Speilmans biggest get,, the one you have to nail... quarterback Christian, I want to fuk your wife Ponder..

Item: Allan Williams is another total failure having been the corner coach on a team that broke the passing yards given up.. Here is a case of the buddy system at its finest. Dungy tells Frasire how great he is and just needs a break.. Another failed hire by a cheap ass owner not wanting to spend money on a d coordinator of substance and proven excellence.

Item: Bill Musgrave, another cast off that has proven nothing and failed everywhere he's been as a so called offensive guru... Enough said.. another cheap hire of no substance or success on his record.

Item: So there you have it... A staff on the cheap with zero credentials of winning and success in the NFL or for that matter at any level... Opps I forgot Mike , I can't win with them, Singletary, whom after he left started to win... And we are surprised by what's going on here.

Item.. Adrian Peterson had a year for the ages and made a team look like they actually belonged. It was a total fluke. It's akin to what Favre did for Childress, except it got him a huge payday..

Item: We're fuked..

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Not sure what to say. This teams sucks right now. No wonder they went and got Freeman. The D is atrocious. These CBs are bad. Where is Winfield? The coaching is terrible. OL is not playing well. Where was Felton? So embarrassing...........

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Item: Leslie Frasier would never have gotten even one interview for a head coaching job except for the Rooney rule. He''s not done a thing in this league to warrant that he is capable or up to that job except that he's a minority. That's not racist, thats the FACT . If you don't agree, read off his resume for me so I understand why he got interviews across the league?
    Frazier's resume doesn't look any different than many other coaches that got their first shot at the Head Coach's position. In fact, its just like everything else the Vikings does these days...very formulaic.

He earned the DEF cord. position, and when Childress got the boot, he was the lucky guy who got the shot. Why he kept the job when others that had the same results (such as Singletary in SF and Romeo Crennel in KC) got fired is beyond me, except that again, the vikings can't seem to learn a lesson quickly.

Singletary is almost exactly like Frazier in how and why he was promoted, while Crennel was a "player's coach", which is just similar to Frazier. Both got a shot due to perceived "upside", both didn't do much with the opportunity.
    Last edited by drewlovs; 10-14-2013 at 04:25 PM.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    He got the shot because of one thing... Money....... And not alot of it...

Player coaches are failures.. Name me some in todays game that are a success?

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Rodgers got beat for a TD, blew his coverage. The LB underneath passed him off to Rodgers and he wasn't there because he bit on the guy heading to the middle that the Safety was going to pick up. He is still coming along.
    We have no DB on our team by the name of Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Cassel was not accurate today.
    I'm not sure how you can make that claim. He completed 73% of his passes. He did have two bad throws that got picked, but he also had 3-4 passes on target that were flat out dropped by the receivers that were accurate throws and another catch made by Rudolph that would have been called complete and a TD had he kept both feet in. 32 of 44 (73%0 is what he had. 36-37 of 44 (82%-84%) is what it should have been.
    Those INTs were really bad. So bad I failed to realize he completed so many. Those INTs hurt. Very disappointed in Cassel. You can't do this at home. Freeman get ready. Lets see what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Well... that's really only looking at half of it. He averaged 5.4 Y/A, which is pitiful. Pretty sure most of us could average an 82% completion rate if we're only throwing 5 yards each time. Past that, Cassel was inaccurate and ineffective.

Also, 5.4 Y/A is a full 1.5 yards less than Ponder was averaging this season. Simply awful.
    Some bad play calling. Cassel was bad though.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Here's my post-mortem:

The Vikings Suck.

Not sure what else there is to say. I can slice it and dice it with the best of ya, but they suck.

Giants will be giving 6 by Monday night.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast