Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    acman1 is offline Rookie
    Also, why can't our WR's wear normal WR numbers? Everyone is wearing a number in the teens except patterson. Very annoying.

The defense is horrible this year. Can't stop the passing game which is nothing new, but now can't stop the run either. What happened to the pass rush???

Today was an all around horrible team effort. There was no fire or excitement at all. Heck even the crowd noise was nonexistent; although it's hard to cheer and be loud when there is nothing happening with your team. And the play calling? Don't think I need to say much there. Pretty bad when the announcers are laughing at how small the play sheet musgrave holds is.

I think blame goes to the entire organization. One of the most embarrassing losses at the dome I can remember.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Just re-posting this instead of re-directing people:

I have never seen a team get as deflated as I did today when Cassel threw that pick on the first series; you could almost FEEL the "Et tu, Brute" moment. After that play, the team played as well for Cassel as they did for Ponder. They gave up, and it was horrible to see.

Peterson deserved better. He was trying to lose himself in the only thing he has counted on since he was a young boy, and the leaders (and the coaching staff) let him down. 10 rushes TOTAL???? I think Ray Rice and AD have a LOT in common when it comes to the coaches who write their plays...

But before we get toooo far down the road on Frazier and co... Go ahead and blame whatever coaching staff you want, but if you don't have a guy on the field who can do a competent job running our offense, we are DONE. The defense will not do anything for us this year, we cannot stop ANYONE running on us, and with the run comes ball control. The only way the Vikings will stay in games is to score, and score often. Cassel and Ponder cannot do this, so its Freeman or a rookie in next year's draft.

THEN we draft defense, defense and more defense. We COULD look like last year's Saints with high scoring losses, but we need someone taking snaps that can at least keep the games interesting. The Panthers had zero respect for our QB, and it worked out pretty well for them.

If our defense is going to give up this many points, can we at least have a offense that can keep us from changing the channel?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

LIVike is offline Starter
    I had more fun and enjoyment doing two and a half hours of data analysis for a lab when I got back after the game than I did watching the crap they put on the field today. Pathetic on all fronts. I do not understand how this team can be so bad coming out of a bye. All of the stupid penalties and complete inability to stop anything on defense is a joke. Can't wait till next week when Eli and the Giants get their season on track.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Meh, My Give a Damn is busted. Didn't even bother me that they lost and it seems it bothers the coaches and FO about as much.

Ranger is offline Coach
    I want us to get rid of the Cover-2 somethin' fierce. I'd even suffer through another season or two of sucking as long as our defense was being revamped into something aggressive. The WCO is alright, but you need to have more vertical passing in it than we have. There are variations of the WCO with plenty of down field passing.

Can the coaching staff and see how Freeman works out. If he sucks, get a kid with a pedigree and arm (we should be picking plenty high), then start snatching up defensive players to switch to an aggressive 4-3. We have good pieces on both sides of the ball, and we're wasting them with antiquated schemes.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Well I guess its good there was the bye week to prepare for this and the game was at home and a couple of bodies returned to the secondary or this could have been really humiliating....it could have been like Chad Greenway getting light up by little Stevie Smith....oh yeah wait yeah that happened too

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Rodgers got beat for a TD, blew his coverage. The LB underneath passed him off to Rodgers and he wasn't there because he bit on the guy heading to the middle that the Safety was going to pick up. He is still coming along.
    We have no DB on our team by the name of Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Cassel was not accurate today.
    I'm not sure how you can make that claim. He completed 73% of his passes. He did have two bad throws that got picked, but he also had 3-4 passes on target that were flat out dropped by the receivers that were accurate throws and another catch made by Rudolph that would have been called complete and a TD had he kept both feet in. 32 of 44 (73%0 is what he had. 36-37 of 44 (82%-84%) is what it should have been.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Well I guess its good there was the bye week to prepare for this and the game was at home and a couple of bodies returned to the secondary or this could have been really humiliating....it could have been like Chad Greenway getting light up by little Stevie Smith....oh yeah wait yeah that happened too
    It could have been worse. Ponder could have started.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by acman1 View Post
    John Carlson had another above average game.

YESSSSSSSS!

acman1......... optimist of the year!!!!
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast