Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VIPER420 is offline Rookie
    I thought i saw somewhere that he doesn't use 2 week to prepare. He gives the players a week off and does install's the wednesday before the game...SMH

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER420 View Post
    I thought i saw somewhere that he doesn't use 2 week to prepare. He gives the players a week off and does install's the wednesday before the game...SMH
    +1

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    So, who do you guys think should be GM, head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator? Your choices, please.

APRunsAD is offline Waterboy
    Certainly the coaching staff deserves some of the blame for the terrible play. However, the coaches are not the ones on field missing tackles, overthrowing receivers, not picking up the blitzing defender, not blocking well to open holes for AD, giving receivers too much cushion, etc. Do you think Frazier coached the Vikes D this week to tackle poorly so a Panthers guy can run through 4-5-6 tackles on his way to the end zone? Of course not. That failure is all on the guys on the field, the guys who have been shown how to tackle thousands and thousands of times since they were children.

I know that the coaches prepare the team, but they are preparing PROFESSIONAL athletes. The guys they're preparing are full-grown adults who oftentimes know darn well how a particular set of plays should be run. However, the PLAYERS need to execute.

Now, play calls do usually rest on the coaching staff (or at least at the feet of the coach who's actually calling the plays). However, when things aren't going well or something doesn't work, it's easy to blame the coaching staff for poor play calls. Heck, I remember people complaining the called AD run play late in the game a few days ago, arguing that the defenders knew a run was running and that a pass should have been called. We are pretty one dimensional (largely the result of very marginal QB talent), which means that, as we all know, the opposing team can probably guess that the Vikes will run it more often than not. Of course, the coaches may try to get "sneaky" and design a pass-happy game plan since they know that the opposing team prepped for a rush-happy game.

I actually expected this team to come out and play really hard to rally around their star player whose son, sadly, just died. Clearly I was completely wrong.

Edit: and a +1 to the post above. That was some piss poor playing by practically the entire team.
    Last edited by EricTheViking; 10-13-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by APRunsAD View Post
    Certainly the coaching staff deserves some of the blame for the terrible play. However, the coaches are not the ones on field missing tackles, overthrowing receivers, not picking up the blitzing defender, not blocking well to open holes for AD, giving receivers too much cushion, etc. Do you think Frazier coached the Vikes D this week to tackle poorly so a Panthers guy can run through 4-5-6 tackles on his way to the end zone? Of course not. That failure is all on the guys on the field, the guys who have been shown how to tackle thousands and thousands of times since they were children.

I know that the coaches prepare the team, but they are preparing PROFESSIONAL athletes. The guys they're preparing are full-grown adults who oftentimes know darn well how a particular set of plays should be run. However, the PLAYERS need to execute.
    The coaches did still decide to start Josh Robinson though, which is unreal given how horribly he has played.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    The coaches did still decide to start Josh Robinson though, which is unreal given how horribly he has played.
    Ha! Yeah gotta bring those rookies along slowly even though they're playing better than the starters. Glad that failed philosophy is going down in flames along with Fraziers career.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Rodgers got beat for a TD, blew his coverage. The LB underneath passed him off to Rodgers and he wasn't there because he bit on the guy heading to the middle that the Safety was going to pick up. He is still coming along.

Cassel was not accurate today.

Gave up on the run because we got down early.

Never had a chance to run the kick offs out of the end zone, two of the touch backs at least were because of the 15 yard penalties.

The fact that Frasier hasn't won after a bye week is pathetic.

Our defense sucks for the most part. They play better when we have a lead. Hmmm.

INT on the first possession is not a good start.

This team is too loose.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Rivera out couched the Vikings. From what I could ascertain from Billick, they came up with offensive plays that they probably didn't have on film and they were blitzing more than usual. Imagine that.

acman1 is offline Rookie
    John Carlson had another above average game.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast