singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Carlson out with a concussion

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I told him not to go to the Bernard Berrian receiver camp last summer, but he did not listen.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Carlson and Simpson seem to be batteling for who can miss the most games..

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Must have slipped on a cup and hit his head on the Gatorade table. Don't know how it possibly could've happened on the field.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Must have slipped on a cup and hit his head on the Gatorade table. Don't know how it possibly could've happened on the field.
    Lol.

Watching the game, it actually happened when he was putting up a pretty good block for AD. I only remember because I was surprised to actually hear his name...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Lol.

Watching the game, it actually happened when he was putting up a pretty good block for AD. I only remember because I was surprised to actually hear his name...
    Now...both of those are funny.

It was encouraging hearing his name and witnessing him actually contributing...but, I think a much cheaper rookie named Ellison can make blocks too.

Admittedly, I thought Carlson would be a decent add...and that he would contribute if he could stay healthy. I was wrong, and, that was a major IF. Certainly, Spielman overpaid...but, I suspect he may have had some feedback similar to my thoughts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I'm surprised he was on the field at all. With as much as we are paying him, I thought the Vikings were limiting his play to keep him healthy & save him for the playoffs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Now...both of those are funny.

It was encouraging hearing his name and witnessing him actually contributing...but, I think a much cheaper rookie named Ellison can make blocks too.

Admittedly, I thought Carlson would be a decent add...and that he would contribute if he could stay healthy. I was wrong, and, that was a major IF. Certainly, Spielman overpaid...but, I suspect he may have had some feedback similar to my thoughts.

Ellison has had some problems with his knee and is currently on the shelf as far as I know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Rashad Johnson fined for hit that concussed John Carlson | ProFootballTalk

Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson, who nailed Carlson with a blindside block that caused the concussion, has been fined $21,000 by the NFL for the hit. Johnson also got a 15-yard penalty for the illegal blindside block.Thatís not much consolation for Carlson, and the concussion is a particular concern given Carlsonís history: He had to be hospitalized in January of 2011, when he was playing for the Seahawks and he suffered a serious concussion against the Bears. And he had at least two concussions during his college career at Notre Dame.