singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Carl Eller sentenced to 60 days in workhouse

[size=13pt]Eller sentenced to 60 days in workhouse [/size]

Posted at: 02/23/2009 5:09 PM

By:
    Nicole Muehlhausen, Web Producer
    kaaltv.com

Former Viking great Carl Eller will serve 60 days in the workhouse and was immediately taken into custody for assaulting an officer and driving drunk....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Carl Eller sentenced to 60 days in workhouse

[size=13pt]To send a message, judge locks up Eller [/size]

Amid pleas by his mom and lawyers, the ex-Viking was taken in handcuffs to serve a 60-day sentence in workhouse.

By ROCHELLE OLSON, Star Tribune

Last update: February 24, 2009 - 1:16 AM

Over the sobs of his mother and the pleadings of his lawyers, Minnesota Vikings Hall of Fame defensive lineman Carl Eller left a Hennepin County courtroom in handcuffs Monday to begin serving 60 days in the workhouse....

[size=12pt]Ex-Vikings great Carl Eller to serve time in workhouse after fight with Minneapolis police officers[/size]

Judge tells ex-Vikings great his defenses weren't credible

By David Hanners
    [email protected]

Posted: 02/24/2009 12:01:00 AM CST

As his elderly mother sobbed, "Don't do this! It's not right! No, no!" former Vikings great Carl Eller was handcuffed and hauled away Monday to begin serving time for assaulting a police officer and refusing to let police test his blood-alcohol level....

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I was there with Moose..... It sucked!

[size=13pt]Carl Eller says Minneapolis police lied about 'high-speed pursuit'[/size]

Squad's GPS data allegedly withheld until day of conviction

By David Hanners
    [email protected]

Posted: 03/05/2009 12:01:00 AM CST

A day after a state judge chastised him for not taking responsibility for fighting with police last year, former Minnesota Vikings great Carl Eller claimed Wednesday that Minneapolis police lied about the incident and withheld proof that he was right....

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Carl Eller says Minneapolis police lied about 'high-speed pursuit'[/size]

By David Hanners
    [email protected]

A day after a state judge chastised him for not taking responsibility for fighting with police last year, former Minnesota Vikings great Carl Eller claimed Wednesday that Minneapolis police lied about the incident and withheld proof that he was right....
    judging by this article, it sounds like mr. Eller got shafted by the Minn. P.D.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By David Hanners
    [email protected]

How did he get shafted? I care less how fast they were going, problem is he had a MARKED squad car behind him with sirens and rollers and failed to stop. He then proceeded to hand the officers there ass in his garage in his drunken fury. Yah! Just the sorta guy i want around my neighborhood! GTFO! He should serve time in Jail/Prison for at least 90 days, this workhouse crap is for the birds yah ask me. Stupid is stupid and Carl Eller is about as dumb as tits on a boar....

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Nightgaunt" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

By David Hanners
    [email protected]

How did he get shafted? I care less how fast they were going, problem is he had a MARKED squad car behind him with sirens and rollers and failed to stop. He then proceeded to hand the officers there ass in his garage in his drunken fury. Yah! Just the sorta guy i want around my neighborhood! GTFO! He should serve time in Jail/Prison for at least 90 days, this workhouse crap is for the birds yah ask me. Stupid is stupid and Carl Eller is about as dumb as tits on a boar....
    But if you believe Eller, and apparently they have evidence to back it up, and the officers lied/exaggerated in their police report doesn't that make you question everything the officers said? I just don't know why the officers would say they approached sixty if there max speed was 30mph.
    The judge made the sentence with false information, at the very least I think the case should be reviewed, assuming this article is accurate. Too bad Cajun's not around he could give us some legal insight into this.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Vikings great Eller to leave workhouse[/size]

Associated Press - April 23, 2009 7:54 AM ET

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Former Minnesota Vikings great Carl Eller will be released from the Hennepin County Workhouse after a 60-day sentence for resisting Minneapolis police officers after a traffic stop.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...