Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re:Can't wait

resaaconso wrote:

And the Jets, Bolts. This is the one game where there seems to be a universal concensus. Ain't heard one talking head pick the Jets. But SD is just one of those teams that for some reason, I just can't see taking that next step. I admire Rivers for his fire, the SD special teams could step up and give them the edge, if they need an edge. Rivers could beat the Jets blitz, and torch them for a gazillion points, but I just have a feeling that the Jets are going to pull this one out. Cram the ball down the Bolts gullet, hold onto the ball, force Rivers to dink and dunk down the field and win a squeaker. 24-21. Unless of course, Sanchez turns back into a Rookie, like Flacco last year, and coughs up a fur-ball to give it away.

I agree that it seems no one is giving them a chance and it is the correct assessment based on QB experience, home field, etc., but, I think the Jets will upset the Bolts. The Jets O-Line is EPIC and they have 2 very good running backs which will force the Bolts D to crowd the box. If the Jets are able to capitalize on some of the long balls, as they've done previously, they will be able to win.
    "There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikes were 8-0 @ home. That gives me confidence.

But...................

Only two of those were quality wins. The Pack and Cincinnati who are watching in TV now.

The rest were

SF - got lucky
    Ravens - got very lucky
    Giants - Mailed it in

And the dredges:

Lions
    Bears
    Seattle
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Suick wrote:

But...................

Only two of those were quality wins. The Pack and Cincinnati who are watching in TV now.

The rest were

SF - got lucky
    Ravens - got very lucky
    Giants - Mailed it in

And the dredges:

Lions
    Bears
    Seattle
    I gotta agree, but a lucky win is a win... a 1 pt win is a win... If it takes Romo muffing the hold on a game winning 25yd FG, so be it... :laugh: ... it's still a win.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikings win by scoring more points than the Cowboys.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Cant really call them lucky.. I mean yes if we attempted the SF play 100 times we may only score once but a great play isnt luck and especially a missed field goal isnt luck. I think the crowd noise had some play in both which is the reason why its called home field avantage.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I'm off to Houston for the weekend. The next time I post, the Vikings game will have come and gone.

So fella fans, I hope you all enjoy the game as much as I do, Whether you are going to the game, or likely to be surrounded by the enemy in a bar as you cheer on your team.

Again my key players: Harvin, Peterson, Edwards.

Minnesota 30, Dallas 28.

SKOL.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

gagarr wrote:
    Suick wrote:

But...................

The rest were

SF - got lucky
    Ravens - got very lucky
    Giants - Mailed it in

And the dredges:

Lions
    Bears
    Seattle
    I gotta agree, but a lucky win is a win... a 1 pt win is a win... If it takes Romo muffing the hold on a game winning 25yd FG, so be it... :laugh: ... it's still a win.
    After 40 years of frustration I don't care if it comes down to a tiddlywinks contest as long as it's a W
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I'm looking for Romo to be crying by the middle of the third quarter. Pat Morris and Jimmie Johnson team up with a strategy that makes Ware look like a frustrated old man while AD and CT rack up >150 yds on the ground while old man Favre methodically picks apart the 'illustrious' pie D as if it's a pickup game at the park. By the middle of the fourth quarter TJack will be handing off the ball and maybe even draw up a play in the sand just to piss off the Chiller.

Vikings by 17.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

resaaconso wrote:
    Hey Guys,

Thought Id drop in and see what Viking fans were saying about the game. Im a 55 year old geezer, Pokes fan since before I was born. I could hear Momma screaming KILL HIM BOB! from the womb. (Bob Lilly, that is. She had his poster up on he wall, in her sewing room, back end of the double-wide).

This is the second Vikes site Ive visited. Wow, theres a whole lot of you guys. Didnt know there were so many people in Minnesota. Its amazing how many people hate our Pokes. Course, weve known that since Tex made up that Americas Team thing. Yall knew he did that behind the scenes with NFL Films right? Landry fumed a bit over that, but Tex was pretty sharp.

Actually, very few of us Pokies (we call ourselves Pokies, btw) actually HATE other teams, like other fans hate the Pokes. Strange how that is. The Vikings have always been one of my favorites in fact. I remember watching Fran Tarkenton. What a guy. Gutsy. I bet theres thousands of scrawny short kids hes inspired to do great things. I put him right up there with other greats, like Joe Kapp, Montana, Idaho.

I see yall dont think so much of our new owner. I have to say, I think hes very much misunderstood by those of you on the outside looking in. Couple of guys I hang with do beers with him and some of the gals (cheerleaders). Sure, he gets some bad pub every now and then. Hes hired a criminal or two, looks a bit like Michael Jackson after all the face lifts, comes off as a bit of a sleazebag whod sell his momma to Somalian Pirates for a third round pick... but hes really not a bad guy. He does quite a lot of charity work around town, and after all, its not uncommon for the seraphic to mingle with the carnal, if only to expose them to virtue. Thats just the way we think down here.

Its also pretty astounding how many Vikes are still to this DAY, literally, still talking about Mike Lynns Herschel Walker for that plethora of draft picks trade. I read in SI a couple of years back, that the Anthony Spencer pick, had actually been traced back to that very trade. Surprised the freaking heck out of me. So, if Spencer manages to knock out Farves dentures, guess yall can go egg Lynns house or something. If hes still in-country. I bet well end up trading Spencer one day. End up with another pick in 2040, compliments of Herschel Walker.

I also have a favor to ask. As you might have surmised, I havent got much of a life, given that Ive spent probably 15 minutes writing War and Peace to a bunch of stranges on a Viking Fan Wire. Im divorced, work too much, pay half my paycheck in child support, and my roof leaks. I need a vacation. A GOOD vacation. The Mother of All Vacations actually. And I was wondering if one of you gentlemen could give me the name of the Cruise Line that yalls team had that umm... party... as it were... on. Id sure appreciate it.

Before I go, I thought Id offer up my prognostication for the game this weekend. I have quite the reputation at work, btw, for my prognosticating ability. They call me Nostrildaumus in fact, in reference to my slightly less prolific predecessor of a similar appellation. Id like to give yall my best pick of the weekend.

What I see from the Viking side of the game goes something like this... Brett is finally totally fed up with Brads meddling, brings in a ball-bag full of duct tape, wraps him up and stuffs him into the K-Ball locker. He ends up throwing 60 passes, 47 of which are intercepted. Peterson falls asleep on the sidelines, but nobody notices until the third quarter, when Bretts pacemaker fails, and hes carted off the field. Providentially, Bret has forgotten to tape up one of the assistants, who rushes Peterson back into the game. Yall stuff it into the end zone twice. Point total: 14 Thats the good news.

Bad news, quite a few of Bretts interceptions are turned into points. In fact, in a historical first, the post-game news conference is held two minutes into the fourth quarter, during which Romo announces that Gisele has dumped Tom, and theyre to be married in the spring. A child is conceived, is born on Christmas Day and christened Roger Romo. He becomes yet another Hall of Fame QB for the Pokes. Oh, and on Sunday, the Pokes score 35 points, leading up to Super Bowl Championship banner number... umm... lost count...

PS: After the game, Brett adopts Brad and officially changes his name to Mr. Noodle. They live happily ever after.

ARE YALL READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

Cheers from Texas, guys, enjoy the game.
    Huh? I feel like I just read a passage from a journal written by a mentally slow garage-door repair man.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

gagarr wrote:
    Suick wrote:

But...................

The rest were

SF - got lucky
    Ravens - got very lucky
    Giants - Mailed it in

And the dredges:

Lions
    Bears
    Seattle

One thing about these "lucky wins"... we were in it to win it--meaning, we had enough points to get lucky. if we were down by multiple scores, there would be no luck.

Vikes win by two scores with a couple big plays on the Cows' last two drives called back for holding--thus, making them punt and lose the game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast