Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

Can't wait "4" Sunday!! Predict how we WIN!

Brett - 312, 3 TD's

AP - 122, 1 TD

Harvin - 150 all purpose yards

Defense - 4 sacks, 6 knockdowns, 3 t/o's.

Vikes 34
    Cows 20

Atlanta upsets New Orleans = Championship at HOME!!

SKOL VIKINGS, LETS GOOOOOOO!!!

IMissCris is offline Rookie

Re:Can't wait

kjdaddy wrote:
    Brett - 312, 3 TD's

AP - 122, 1 TD

Vikes 34
    Cows 20

Can't believe the Cardinals would willingly let the Falcons play in their place this week.

IMissCris wrote:
    kjdaddy wrote:
    Brett - 312, 3 TD's

AP - 122, 1 TD

Vikes 34
    Cows 20

Can't believe the Cardinals would willingly let the Falcons play in their place this week.
    Would make for an interesting rematch, though.

I reckon that it's going to be a close one. The Cowboys manage to get some pressure on Favre with Ware and Spencer coming off the edges, which forces him into some mistakes. The O-line will not get back on track. Nontheless, Favre works his magic and makes this a close one.

The Cowboys win it, 24 - 26, with the game winning field goal being held by Romo.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Wow atlanta though?

Cowboys need a TD to win it
    vikings hold with a allen sack on 4th - 5
    Allen adds a kick at the end of his rope-a-dope signature && kick the cowboys out the playoffs
    Vikes host cardinals next week

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Can't wait "4" Sunday!! Predict how we WIN!

Adrian and JA reestablish Themselves as forces to Reckoned with 5 sacks a 297 yrd day and Lead the Team to a 28-3 win

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Favre connecting with Shanko and Rice, steal the show and game...Viks 34 Cowterds 24

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think the vikings dominate early at home. The Cowboys will keep it close but missing the tying field goal late in the 4th. Vikings 34 Cowboys 31.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Hard to predict. This game goes where our OL takes us. If they fail, we fail.

resaaconso is offline Waterboy

Hey Guys,

Thought I’d drop in and see what Viking fans were saying about the game. I’m a 55 year old geezer, Pokes fan since before I was born. I could hear Momma screaming “KILL HIM BOB!” from the womb. (Bob Lilly, that is. She had his poster up on he wall, in her sewing room, back end of the double-wide).

This is the second Vikes site I’ve visited. Wow, there’s a whole lot of you guys. Didn’t know there were so many people in Minnesota. Its amazing how many people hate our Pokes. Course, we’ve known that since Tex made up that “America’s Team” thing. Ya’ll knew he did that behind the scenes with NFL Films right? Landry fumed a bit over that, but Tex was pretty sharp.

Actually, very few of us Pokies (we call ourselves Pokies, btw) actually HATE other teams, like other fans hate the Pokes. Strange how that is. The Vikings have always been one of my favorites in fact. I remember watching Fran Tarkenton. What a guy. Gutsy. I bet there’s thousands of scrawny short kids he’s inspired to do great things. I put him right up there with other greats, like Joe Kapp, Montana, Idaho.

I see ya’ll don’t think so much of our new owner. I have to say, I think he’s very much misunderstood by those of you on the outside looking in. Couple of guys I hang with do beers with him and some of the gals (cheerleaders). Sure, he gets some bad pub every now and then. He’s hired a criminal or two, looks a bit like Michael Jackson after all the face lifts, comes off as a bit of a sleazebag who’d sell his momma to Somalian Pirates for a third round pick... but he’s really not a bad guy. He does quite a lot of charity work around town, and after all, its not uncommon for the seraphic to mingle with the carnal, if only to expose them to virtue. Thats just the way we think down here.

Its also pretty astounding how many Vikes are still to this DAY, literally, still talking about Mike Lynn’s Herschel Walker for that plethora of draft picks trade. I read in SI a couple of years back, that the Anthony Spencer pick, had actually been traced back to that very trade. Surprised the freaking heck out of me. So, if Spencer manages to knock out Farves dentures, guess ya’ll can go egg Lynn’s house or something. If he’s still in-country. I bet we’ll end up trading Spencer one day. End up with another pick in 2040, compliments of Herschel Walker.

I also have a favor to ask. As you might have surmised, I havent got much of a life, given that I’ve spent probably 15 minutes writing War and Peace to a bunch of stranges on a Viking Fan Wire. I’m divorced, work too much, pay half my paycheck in child support, and my roof leaks. I need a vacation. A GOOD vacation. The Mother of All Vacations actually. And I was wondering if one of you gentlemen could give me the name of the Cruise Line that ya’lls team had that umm... party... as it were... on. I’d sure appreciate it.

Before I go, I thought I’d offer up my prognostication for the game this weekend. I have quite the reputation at work, btw, for my prognosticating ability. They call me Nostrildaumus in fact, in reference to my slightly less prolific predecessor of a similar appellation. I’d like to give ya’ll my best pick of the weekend.

What I see from the Viking side of the game goes something like this... Brett is finally totally fed up with Brad’s meddling, brings in a ball-bag full of duct tape, wraps him up and stuffs him into the K-Ball locker. He ends up throwing 60 passes, 47 of which are intercepted. Peterson falls asleep on the sidelines, but nobody notices until the third quarter, when Brett’s pacemaker fails, and he’s carted off the field. Providentially, Bret has forgotten to tape up one of the assistants, who rushes Peterson back into the game. Ya’ll stuff it into the end zone twice. Point total: 14 Thats the good news.

Bad news, quite a few of Bretts interceptions are turned into points. In fact, in a historical first, the post-game news conference is held two minutes into the fourth quarter, during which Romo announces that Gisele has dumped Tom, and they’re to be married in the spring. A child is conceived, is born on Christmas Day and christened Roger Romo. He becomes yet another Hall of Fame QB for the Pokes. Oh, and on Sunday, the Pokes score 35 points, leading up to Super Bowl Championship banner number... umm... lost count...

PS: After the game, Brett adopts Brad and officially changes his name to Mr. Noodle. They live happily ever after.

ARE YA’LL READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

Cheers from Texas, guys, enjoy the game.
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

marstc09 wrote:
    Hard to predict. This game goes where our OL takes us. If they fail, we fail.
    Are you already making excuses for Favre?
    jk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast