Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    Carter in unknown because when you tell your friends about him they say, "Who?"
    McMullen is a joke because when you mention him your friends say, "Haha, what a joke."
    Williamson is a disappointment becuase your friends reply, "Bust."
    Johnson would be awesome because your friends say, "Wow, he is a beast!"

    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #22
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Carter in unknown because when you tell your friends about him they say, "Who?"
    McMullen is a joke because when you mention him your friends say, "Haha, what a joke."
    Williamson is a disappointment becuase your friends reply, "Bust."
    Johnson would be awesome because your friends say, "Wow, he is a beast!"

    I mentioned Ghana to my friends ... and they said, "Where"?

    No, seriously, where is that?

  3. #23
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:




    I may be way off track, but I'm starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling that the lack of aggression in the FA market is setting us up for something bigger.





    I'm starting to believe that Childress and Co., are setting themselves up for a big push to trade up in the draft......





    Can you say CJ ?...........





    We would have to save some of our cap money to pull this off, and would figure we would have to kick in our 3rd round pick.....






    Cleveland is still in desperate need of D linemen and LB's.....






    I think we may try to pull off a deal with them...
    I'm feeling more like,..death and dispair...I can't stand the tension.!! And what the hell is goin' on????? I'm not feelin' too well at the moment.( And it's not because
    my Bloodhound just headed me in the nads...)

    Is this how you feel?

    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me

    We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
    And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
    'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
    How was we to know they meant the way she was built

    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    You can take the hillbilly outta West Virginia BUT.....
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #24
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:




    I may be way off track, but I'm starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling that the lack of aggression in the FA market is setting us up for something bigger.





    I'm starting to believe that Childress and Co., are setting themselves up for a big push to trade up in the draft......





    Can you say CJ ?...........





    We would have to save some of our cap money to pull this off, and would figure we would have to kick in our 3rd round pick.....






    Cleveland is still in desperate need of D linemen and LB's.....






    I think we may try to pull off a deal with them...
    I'm feeling more like,..death and dispair...I can't stand the tension.!! And what the hell is goin' on????? I'm not feelin' too well at the moment.( And it's not because
    my Bloodhound just headed me in the nads...)

    Is this how you feel?

    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me

    We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
    And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
    'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
    How was we to know they meant the way she was built

    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    You can take the hillbilly outta West Virginia BUT.....
    LMAO!!!

  5. #25
    Creep's Avatar
    Creep is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    343

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    Smells like death
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

  6. #26
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You have a good point

    It's still early, FA started yesterday.
    The front office people are the ones that get paid to sign people not us.
    They have reasons for why they sign people even if we don't like it and want kill them for it.
    Just because they are getting paid to do it doesn't mean they are any good at it. Sure, they might have a lot more resources than we do to make the decisions we criticize, but when all is said and done, front offices can make pretty boneheaded decisions. I am not going to sit here and put blind faith in stupid people.

    IMO they are acting like idiots. Even if you have alterior motives, you can still schedule visits with these receivers and give them a chance to prove their a good fit in Minnesota. Our two biggest needs are QB and WR. We have had one WR come visit. It's pathetic, and it's a lack of effort.
    Quarterback is not one of our biggest needs at all.
    I'm getting a little tired of people talking like there is a chance we will draft Brady Quinn and that it would be a smart decision to do so.
    Maybe that isn't who you are talking about but we don't need Garcia or Plummer or Schaub either.
    We just traded a promising DT (CJ Mosely) for a QB with starting experience and we used a second round draft pick on one.
    We shouldn't be going after anything more than a third QB/mentor type.
    Which is definitely not a big need.
    Our biggest need is WR, then we could use a nickel cornerback, a pass-rushing DE, and a Right OLman before we need a QB.

    Well put and I agree. I'm as anxious as the next guy to see what free agency will bring.
    But Spielman told us we weren't going to be very active in free agency.
    Childress told us his philosophy of building a team was through good draft picks and not high powered free agency. And Childress had a pretty good draft last year. Should have a better draft this year.
    History shows that spending big money on big name free agents doesn't work out that often. Fred Smoot is a good example.Daunte is another.
    New England built there first superbowl team through free agency by drafting no name talent that didn't break the bank,and had more than one or two years left in their careers for the most part.
    I think Childress and Spielman want to do the same sort of thing. We may see someone like Curtis signed but I don't expect to see any blockbuster signings.
    i could be wrong (i know as a fact i'm not, but i just felt like saying that) but unless your talking about a different daunte (can't remember any other daunte's in recent years playing for the vikes)
    culpepper was drafted by the vikes, he wasn't a FA pickup.

  7. #27
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    ...i could be wrong (i know as a fact i'm not, but i just felt like saying that) but unless your talking about a different daunte (can't remember any other daunte's in recent years playing for the vikes)
    culpepper was drafted by the vikes, he wasn't a FA pickup.
    LMAO
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #28
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    I think this FA period is more of a lack of options than Childress. Additionally Spielmen believes in building through the draft and Childress isn't opposed to it. Our most dire needs are WR, pass-rushing DE and QB.

    WR - We need a #1 WR. Curtis is good but NOT the answer. Lelie didn't work out at either Denver or Atlanta so I don't know what the fuss is. Bennett is probably the only feasible solution but we will end up paying more than in his worth. I think we might make a run at Joe Horn later and be content with picking up WRs in the draft.

    DE - We need a pass rushing DE really really bad. I am suprised we didn't pursue one sooner. Drafting another first round DE is not an option given how the last two we drafted haven't translated the pass rushing skills to this level. I don't know what the plan here is.

    QB - Childress bet the farm on Tavaris last year. Either he or Bollinger will start. We will probably have a no-name QB or draft pick for the 3rd QB position. I wouldn't be suprised if we drafted Quinn if he fell to us though.

    I'm just bracing myself for another year of screaming at the TV.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  9. #29
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,458

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    What are the Vikings cooking.
    hmmmm I wonder.
    [img width=161 height=252]http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/images/rmoss2.jpg[/img]
    Just thinking out loud.
    Don't jump my case.
    ;D ;D

    WWBGD

  10. #30
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

    "RK." wrote:
    What are the Vikings cooking.
    hmmmm I wonder.
    [img width=161 height=252]http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/images/rmoss2.jpg[/img]
    Just thinking out loud.
    Don't jump my case.

    ;D ;D
    [img width=351 height=352]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/RPM40/crotchdogJPG.jpg[/img]
    ;D
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cajun cooking gumbo at Shockzilla's place
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 06:43 PM
  2. Dude, the cops will never smell it
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 05:33 PM
  3. I smell a trade.......
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 06:32 AM
  4. Commissioner Tagliabue, What is going on? I smell a Fat RAT
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
  5. WHAT'S COOKING?
    By PurplePackerEater in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 10:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •