Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Can you Smell what the Vikings are Cooking?......

"NordicNed" wrote:

I may be way off track, but I'm starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling that the lack of aggression in the FA market is setting us up for something bigger.

I'm starting to believe that Childress and Co., are setting themselves up for a big push to trade up in the draft......

Can you say CJ ?...........

We would have to save some of our cap money to pull this off, and would figure we would have to kick in our 3rd round pick.....

Cleveland is still in desperate need of D linemen and LB's.....

I think we may try to pull off a deal with them...
    I'm feeling more like,..death and dispair...I can't stand the tension.!! And what the hell is goin' on????? I'm not feelin' too well at the moment.( And it's not because
    my Bloodhound just headed me in the nads...)

*FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You have a good point

It's still early, FA started yesterday.
    The front office people are the ones that get paid to sign people not us.
    They have reasons for why they sign people even if we don't like it and want kill them for it.
    Just because they are getting paid to do it doesn't mean they are any good at it. Sure, they might have a lot more resources than we do to make the decisions we criticize, but when all is said and done, front offices can make pretty boneheaded decisions. I am not going to sit here and put blind faith in stupid people.

IMO they are acting like idiots. Even if you have alterior motives, you can still schedule visits with these receivers and give them a chance to prove their a good fit in Minnesota. Our two biggest needs are QB and WR. We have had one WR come visit. It's pathetic, and it's a lack of effort.
    Quarterback is not one of our biggest needs at all.
    I'm getting a little tired of people talking like there is a chance we will draft Brady Quinn and that it would be a smart decision to do so.
    Maybe that isn't who you are talking about but we don't need Garcia or Plummer or Schaub either.
    We just traded a promising DT (CJ Mosely) for a QB with starting experience and we used a second round draft pick on one.
    We shouldn't be going after anything more than a third QB/mentor type.
    Which is definitely not a big need.
    Our biggest need is WR, then we could use a nickel cornerback, a pass-rushing DE, and a Right OLman before we need a QB.

When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Creep" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

I may be way off track, but I'm starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling that the lack of aggression in the FA market is setting us up for something bigger.

I'm starting to believe that Childress and Co., are setting themselves up for a big push to trade up in the draft......

We would have to save some of our cap money to pull this off, and would figure we would have to kick in our 3rd round pick.....

I'm feeling more like,..death and dispair...I can't stand the tension.!! And what the hell is goin' on????? I'm not feelin' too well at the moment.( And it's not because

Is this how you feel?

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all

We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
    And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
    'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
    How was we to know they meant the way she was built

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You have a good point

They have reasons for why they sign people even if we don't like it and want kill them for it.
    Just because they are getting paid to do it doesn't mean they are any good at it. Sure, they might have a lot more resources than we do to make the decisions we criticize, but when all is said and done, front offices can make pretty boneheaded decisions. I am not going to sit here and put blind faith in stupid people.

IMO they are acting like idiots. Even if you have alterior motives, you can still schedule visits with these receivers and give them a chance to prove their a good fit in Minnesota. Our two biggest needs are QB and WR. We have had one WR come visit. It's pathetic, and it's a lack of effort.
    I'm getting a little tired of people talking like there is a chance we will draft Brady Quinn and that it would be a smart decision to do so.
    Maybe that isn't who you are talking about but we don't need Garcia or Plummer or Schaub either.
    We just traded a promising DT (CJ Mosely) for a QB with starting experience and we used a second round draft pick on one.
    Our biggest need is WR, then we could use a nickel cornerback, a pass-rushing DE, and a Right OLman before we need a QB.

So you are perfectly fine with the idea of having Jackson, Bollinger, and a 3rd rd "mentor" type of QB going into next season? If so, you apparently know something that all of us don't..

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You have a good point

So you are perfectly fine with the idea of having Jackson, Bollinger, and a 3rd rd "mentor" type of QB going into next season? If so, you apparently know something that all of us don't..
    I'm completely comfortable with it. Brooks and Tarvaris each looked promising at different points of the year last year.
    Sure it is a little scary to start out the season with just a promising young guy but at some point you have to do it.

The main thing is that we sign some WRs and solidify our offensive line.
    If we go into the season with Shank and T-will as our only receiving options and Artis Hicks still playing RG then it isn't going to matter two shakes of a monkey's tail who is playing quarterback.
    We get some play makers in here and our promising quarterback(s) have as good a chance as anybody we could get now.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

Is this how you feel?

We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt
    And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
    'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared
    How was we to know they meant the way she was built

Yeah,...that's it,...Thank you!!
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    You have a good point

Well put and I agree. I'm as anxious as the next guy to see what free agency will bring.
    But Spielman told us we weren't going to be very active in free agency.
    Childress told us his philosophy of building a team was through good draft picks and not high powered free agency. And Childress had a pretty good draft last year. Should have a better draft this year.
    History shows that spending big money on big name free agents doesn't work out that often. Fred Smoot is a good example.Daunte is another.
    New England built there first superbowl team through free agency by drafting no name talent that didn't break the bank,and had more than one or two years left in their careers for the most part.
    I think Childress and Spielman want to do the same sort of thing. We may see someone like Curtis signed but I don't expect to see any blockbuster signings.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Building a team consists of adding better/more promising talent by replacing the weakest links and adding those parts to the nucleus of the team.

The way I see it, Childress if having trouble forming his nucleus. Who are we building this team around?

To compare to the Patriots, That team had some solid receivers and excellent LBs to which Belicheck added to build his SB team.

We need to get the nucleus first. If TJ is the guy then great, but it's not certain. Birk, Hutch, and Chester are also good guys to start with. Thus, I think the plan would be to add the missing parts - WR, RG, and TE.

Most importantly, the nucleus must be long-term. You can't build around someone who jumps ship, or you trade in 2 years. While the defense played better than the offense last year, I think KWill is the only long-term player we could build around.

Building also means keeping your best players unless you are certain we could go on without them. Childress did not do that last year. He let our sacks leader and one of our better recievers walk. The result, a lack of pass rush and a weak WR corps.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:

I think it's a lousy market with very few big names (mostly because 7 teams used the franchise tag) and lots of money to go around.
    The prudent thing is to pick and choose and save your money for the future, IMHO, if your not prepared to go after one of the big big names like Adalius Thomas.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I hope you are right Ned, but I have doubts.. Even if that were the case, we still need to get a FA WR in town.. We can't expect to go into the season with Jason Carter, Billy McMullen, Troy Williamson, and if it does happen Calvin Johnson as our WR's and expect to win a bunch of games..

Carter has basically no NFL experience at all.. McMullen is a joke.. Williamson is a huge disappointment thus far.. Calvin Johnson would be awesome, but having a rookie as the leader of your WR crew is not exactly saying good things about your team..

What exactly is it that you and every other clown I 've heard keep complaining about McMullen? WHY DO I KEEP HEARING THIS what is it that he caught almost every pass thrown to him I guess people actually perfer the ball to be dropped, is it that he gets first downs how dare he, is it him catching TDs why would we want those nobody actually wants to see us score. THIS IS INSANE he is a solid player and people keep hating him for no reason STOP IT.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast