Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zakvikes2k is offline Starter

Can you imagine?

The Vikings with Fred Smoot, Antoine Winfield, Brian Williams, Donovin Darius, and Corey Chavous in the secondary?
    The Vikings receivers being Nate Burleson, Marcus Robinson, Plaxico Burress, and Rod Gardner?

Now seeing that we actually get Darius, Gardner, and Burress, these things will come true, but the way things are going the Vikings look as if they will sign or trade for these players.

And we'll only lose a 4th round pick for Gardner, a 2nd round pick and a player (maybe Irvin, a back-up probably) for Darius, and Burress joining the team for not nearly as much as he expected.

Plus, the fact that players are asking to play for the Vikings (Darius and Gardner). Nobody in the past WANTED to play here. Now, players WANT. Why? Seems as if they see the Vikings potential without Moss. Our defense will actually be a defense and who wouldn't want Culpepper to throw them the ball, excluding Moss. Things are turning around and now it looks like all the pieces of the puzzle are falling right in to place. Let's go Vikings and let's see the rest of the players who WANT to play here be on the team at the start of next season.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Can you imagine?

*sigh*

"No, Los, trading Moss would be terrible for the Vikings. No good can possibly come of it. You just don't want him to beat you anymore."
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Can you imagine?

Even though he WAS a packer how would it look if we got DD and Sharper of DS would have to play fs
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Can you imagine?

oh just say it los... I can just hear you screaming "I told ya so" at your computer... I'm gonna wait until the season starts to see if we're "better off without him" granted we should be with the talent we've just signed, but I feel disloyal even thinking it!!

Can you imagine?

I think we could have done most of this with keeping Moss.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Can you imagine?

Red's leaving, too...so I'm not sure if FAs wanting to come here now when they didn't want to before is because of Moss leaving. Why would Moss's exit make DEFENSIVE players decide to come here?

(Unless they just didn't want to continually get burnt by him in training camp and practice...LOL)

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

Can you imagine?

The Packers are looking terrible for this season. Losing their best O-linemen and losing Sharper. Oh well, the Vikings should cruise to a division title this year.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

slowlow is offline Rookie

Can you imagine?

are we getting darius for sure?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Can you imagine?

"zakvikes2k" wrote:
    The Packers are looking terrible for this season. Losing their best O-linemen and losing Sharper. Oh well, the Vikings should cruise to a division title this year.
    Looking terrible? No.

Looking different? Majorly.

Agreed I don't think we're going to have nearly as much talent as last season.

But let's look:

Wahle: Big loss, but far too expensive. Attitude problem in the locker room.
    Rivera: Loss, but is old and had surgeries. Time to get someone new in there. Jerry Johnson just paid a lot of money for an old guard.
    Sharper: Too expensive. Declining skills and poor fundamentals. Only problem is we have no one to replace him. Yet.
    Jue: Addition by subtraction.
    Hawthorne: Addition by subtraction.
    Navies: A backup trying to start.

Still have: Favre, Green, Henderson, 3/5 of one of the best OLines (Flanagan, Taucher, Clifton) in football, Driver, Ferguson, Walker, Franks, KGB, Grady, Hunt, Barnett, Diggs, Harris.

Jim Bates taking over the D. Sherman focusing on coaching. Thompson calling the shots in the front office as a Ron Wolf disiciple.

I'm not saying anything, or making any grand predictions. I wouldn't stick a fork in us quite yet, though.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Can you imagine?

los is right they are not looking terrible.

they are looking "OH MY GOD IS THAT REALLY A FOOTBALL TEAM" horrible- majorly
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast