Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Can the Wrestler Make it?

I dunno know boys, he seemed to have alot of trouble shedding blocks. Im not sure if it was the 2nd team center or 3rd team center that kept him at the line of scrimmage. Now he did look fast as far as chasing down RB's and running to the ball, but is that enough to earn a spot? I don't think so, what do you all think?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Can the Wrestler Make it?

"hovan" wrote:
    I dunno know boys, he seemed to have alot of trouble shedding blocks. Im not sure if it was the 2nd team center or 3rd team center that kept him at the line of scrimmage. Now he did look fast as far as chasing down RB's and running to the ball, but is that enough to earn a spot? I don't think so, what do you all think?
    Welcome back Hovan. It has been a long time my friend. Where have you been?
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

He will not make the team he will be a practice squad and with work next year he will make the squad.

Give the guy some time he hasn't played in 10 years.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

howln4u is offline Rookie

I was at the game and what I saw wasnt too bad. On the kickoff coverage he was the wedge breaker and boy did he, he sort of layed out in a cross body block and cut three of the five guys down. The next time down a LB took him on and he leveled him and turned and ran back to the play.

The one time he was lined up against the center alone he pushed him directly back and put his arm up and just missed the ball (did everything correct). When he was double teamed he did have problems but who wouldnt.

He has 3 more games and maybe if nothing else special teamer.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I had a little debate about him with the people I sat next to at the game. They are sure that he is going to make the team as a 3rd stringer. I think that he'll make the practice squad. I do believe that with some more practice and knowledge he could be good. However, I don't think he has what it takes YET to make the team.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Thank you guys, for your perception of what is going on there, for those of us that are like 2k miles away, or whatever. An attitude like that, teamed with his undisputed physical skills will be awesome, given time. But it's gonna take time.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

He's long shot. But the man is a champion and plays like a champion. However I doubt there is enough time for him to get up to speed. A year in NFL europe. where I think he would dominate by then will be great.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Can the Wrestler Make it?

"hovan" wrote:

Yeah, I think he is better suited for DE and not DT, then he could actually use his 4.7 40 speed. It is wasted at DT, when he can't shed any blockers. He is practice squad bound with no doubt in my mind.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I would be willing to bet that he's practice squad bound as well. However, from what I saw of him in the AZ game, he has progressed farther than I thought he would by this point. He seemed to be holding his own when he was in on D-line, and yes, I do know that was against third stringers. He really impressed me on special teams. The broadcast I saw on the NFL network would show a replay of Brock after each kickoff, and each time he'd charge down the field, take out two or three blockers, get up, and try to get back to the play. If he actually makes a roster spot this year, it will be because of his special teams play.

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

I think he will be on the practice squad. Although if he ever does makes the roster I think it will be for special team purposes only. 290lbs running a 4.7 40 makes a hell of a wedge buster, and he did do pretty well at that.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast