Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Can we get back to Football?

OK I know that there isn't a lot happening right now, but can we get back to talking football?
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I'm all for it. I could care less what happens with the rest of b-ball play offs... today is cut day... it'll be interesting to see just how many of the rumors of people getting cut will turn out right

billvike is offline Pro-Bowler

Me too since my T-wolves are out of it :x I cant wait to see whos cut and who the vikings go for :king:
    Darold "PaPa" Gustafson 1927-2004, Carol Gustafson 1935-2005, U guys are back together in Heaven, We Miss u!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I'm hoping they get j, trotter
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Trotter's a free agent? Didn't know that........

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

At this point I'm just hoping that we get all our rookies signed in time! I don't wanna be a few games into the season working on getting them signed still like what happened with McKinnie

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    At this point I'm just hoping that we get all our rookies signed in time! I don't wanna be a few games into the season working on getting them signed still like what happened with McKinnie
    Not to mention almost with Kevin Williams last year...two holdouts in a row was embarassing. But this year it shouldn't be a problem since our draft went pretty smoothly...it was good to see them take care of Mewelde nice and early...shows they are on top of things.

By the way, anybody see the Fantasy Football sourcebook? They have Daunte as the top rated QB for this season and of course Moss is top rated WR. Projections are based partly on the Vikes running game being much better with a healthy Bennett and deep backfield.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Not to mention almost with Kevin Williams last year...two holdouts in a row was embarassing. But this year it shouldn't be a problem since our draft went pretty smoothly...it was good to see them take care of Mewelde nice and early...shows they are on top of things.

By the way, anybody see the Fantasy Football sourcebook? They have Daunte as the top rated QB for this season and of course Moss is top rated WR. Projections are based partly on the Vikes running game being much better with a healthy Bennett and deep backfield.

Actually, we signed kevin williams rather early last year. You might be thinking of onterrio smith. He was a holdout for 2 days I believe, thanks to his agent screwing up. He actually reported to camp on the first day, thinking his agent had a contract for him.

As far as the cuts go, I expect us to make a huge run at Trotter. Although it is very early still, claiborne isn't healing as fast as expected. After what happened to us last year with bennett, don't expect us to take a chance that he does heal in time, and not sign any LB. I also think Cottrell has a hand in a push for another LB. He loves to mix in the 3-4 here and there, and we would have a good 4 LB's with another addition. We could create some serious havoc, on passing downs, by going to a 3-4. We would have Hovan at DT, kevin williams and big K at DE's, and trotter, EJ, Dontarrious and claiborne or nattiel. That would be a very aggressive and dangerous front seven against the pass. Any one of those LB's could blitz from anywhere. I really think that this is a reason why we are taking a serious look at another LB, that and the fact that we are so damn young there, besides claiborne. I sure hope me make a quick push for trotter, like we did for winfield.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

I would love to see us pick up Trotter, I just hope we don't overpay for him.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Trotter would be a great pickup, as long as we get the Trotter that played in Philly and not the undedrachieving Trotter that played in Washington, the last couple of years!! He's only 27 too, so we could have him for a few years!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast