Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Can We Beat the Cards?

midgensa wrote:
    I feel pretty good about our chances with this game ... and for the rest of the season BASED ON THE NEXT TWO WEEKS.

I think that IF we beat the Cardinals and Bears (which I think we will, but of course, we could easily lose both) that we will be past all the Favre, Moss, Chilly drama and licking our chops for the Packers rematch. That is simply what a winning streak does in the NFL.

But IF we lose this weekend to the Cardinals, especially in ugly fashion, then Childress can start getting his resume ready because the team is officially in the tank and not going to finish with anymore than 6-7 wins more than likely.
    True dat. Winning cures all that ails. Won't stop all the whining on PPO, but it will do wonders for morale on the team.

And I agree with V4L, that was one of the dumbest questions posed on PPO.....and that is saying a lot. I'm sure there was an agenda with the starting of this thread, moreso than simply a question looking for feedback. Has it served its purpose?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Sure we can,problem is we could beat Dolphins,Jets,etc too
    El underdog.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

El Vikingo wrote:
    Sure we can,problem is we could beat Dolphins,Jets,etc too
    +1
    I think we will ..... so does Vegas .......

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

No doubt that we can, but we play like we don't want the win.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

This is such a stupid thread. I don't know why you are asking if we can win ANY games this year. Of course we can. Jesus man, we won't lose every game, that's impossible with our players. But we won't win the majority of them.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

We can beat anyone. But if you play like you're not into it this year and beat yourself, it's kind of hard to beat anyone. Of course we can beat the Cards. But will we is the question?

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I really don't know how troubled the Cards are now, but they're still an NFL team.

Some of the dull blades here didn't get the question. Maybe I should have said:

Can we beat the Cards in our current condition?

Current condition. Demoralized.

This Vikings team has really not yet played as a team this season. The last quarter they played was a total meltdown and failure. Then comes the crazy firing of Moss.

So, lacking Moss, we have no deep threat who is tall and can jump.....the field is compressed.

Favre gets rushed. Peterson is boxed in. Favre has to rush passes and gets intercepted.

Sounds pretty much like all of our games this season.

I'd say that, for us to win, the Cards have to give it away faster than we can give it away.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

keystonevike is offline Starter

ManBearPig wrote:
    STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    ManBearPig wrote:
    Looking at the state of this team right now, I would say no.
    What exactly is the 'state of the team'?

not one player has come out and said they are boycotting the season, and playing for next year.

This site most days is overwhelmed with negativity, but this week seems to be particularly bad.. As in game day in 'live chat' bad.
    The state of this team in my opinion;

1. An aged, immobile quarterback who will continue to take big shots as he as stands in the pocket like a statue.

2. A (once again) underwelming WR corp. Harvin was just starting to find open spots with a legitimate deep threat lining up on the other side of the field from him. Even though Rice is off the PUP list does not mean he will be ready right away. They have to take him off or else put him on IR. He could be weeks away, if not longer.

3. A defensive line that is starting to look it's age, and an extremely lackluster performance so far by their "star" player Jared Allen.

4. A head coach that has lost control of his team, including his QB that barely acknowledges him at all.

5. An owner that is losing patience, and is probably going to be spending the off-season looking for houses for sale in L.A. for when he moves this team out there.

So, yea I think the state of this team is in pretty rough shape.
    Well put.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

The question should be...Is it in the best interest of this team to win this game or to go on a winning streak?

This team was poised to win it all last year, but injuries and age has caught up with them. To go on a winning streak only means three things.

1. Saving Chilly's job.
    2. If we question the fact that we may not be able to beat the Cards, then why even bother making the playoffs, I mean if we can't beat the Pack, how the hell are we going to beat the Giants or whoever else makes the playoffs
    3. The better we finish, the worse our draft pick

I hate to sound like an a-hole, but last year (as great as it was) only salvaged Chilly for another season and gave him a nice fat contract. Unless, this team turns it around, I mean really turns it around. Unless, the offense starts clicking, the O-line starts blocking, the secondary starts covering, the D-Line bringing the pressure, this season looks like a loss. .500 at best. It's not that this team can't make a run, because in my opinion, this team can run off 6 or 7 games in a row, but can they overcome the injuries and dig down deep and bring it?

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

The answer is--We COULD beat the Cards if we played as a team and we WANTED to beat the Cards.

We know Favre wants to beat the Cards because he'd like to go out as a winner.

How many other Vikings want to stick it to Childress by LOSING to the Cards?

Therein lies the fascinating question: can we beat the Cards today?

I've said we have a weak 50-50 chance.

But if I have to make a prediction.....I say we lose.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast