Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Can We Beat the Cards?

In my prediction for this season I said we'd go 7-9 this year and the seven wins included victories in our next two games against the Cards and the Bears.

THEN.....when Moss suddenly appeared....I got insanely optimistic and said that after beating the Cards/Bears--we'd also win our next game against the Packers.

NOW.....I see Moss vanish in an instant and I see an injured, confused, demoralized and divided team dealing with the shock of that sudden firing of a talented (and needed) player.

So I wonder if we can beat the Cards?

And if we can't beat the Cards......can we win any games for the rest of the year?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ManBearPig is offline Waterboy

Re: Can We Beat the Cards?

Looking at the state of this team right now, I would say no.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Me, too.

But the opponents get more difficult after the Cards.

Can we beat anybody? Do we end at 2-14?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

If the Cardinals beat the Vikes on Sunday we can pray that they will finally Fire Childress!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

We CAN beat anyone IMO. We are that talented of a football team.

But the current level we're playing at, we'd be lucky to beat any team over .500.

The cardinals though? I think we'll beat them.

Infidel wrote:
    In my prediction for this season I said we'd go 7-9 this year and the seven wins included victories in our next two games against the Cards and the Bears.

THEN.....when Moss suddenly appeared....I got insanely optimistic and said that after beating the Cards/Bears--we'd also win our next game against the Packers.

NOW.....I see Moss vanish in an instant and I see an injured, confused, demoralized and divided team dealing with the shock of that sudden firing of a talented (and needed) player.

So I wonder if we can beat the Cards?

And if we can't beat the Cards......can we win any games for the rest of the year?
    So, even with the prospect of sidney coming back and the team gelling, you don't think we can beat washingtom and donovan mcnabb who doesn't have the 'cardiovascular stamina' to run the 2 minute offense?

You also don't think we can beat buffalo, the worst team in the league?

BTW: not one player has said they are confused, demoralized or that the team is divided. These are professionals and adults, give them more creadit then that.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Divided team? Demorilized Team? Confused Team?

I see a team thats OL is now playing above par with the starting Center back in place.

I see a team thats starting QB didn't seem to have any ills related to his elbow but is having a bit of a mobility issue.

I see a team who has the greatest RB to play the game still back there ready to carry the team.

I see a team who is struggling with thier DL play, but should be able to figure that out. Hell, talent alone should eventually prevail with that front 4.

I see a break out game against the Cards. Just what the doctors ordered to fix all our woes.

If not, I am confident that this HC and his staff will do the right thing to make things right. Even if that takes us into next year to make it right.

On a side note, anyone (Mars ) still think our biggest need going into last years draft was a CB or a DT? :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ManBearPig wrote:
    Looking at the state of this team right now, I would say no.
    What exactly is the 'state of the team'?

not one player has come out and said they are boycotting the season, and playing for next year.

This site most days is overwhelmed with negativity, but this week seems to be particularly bad.. As in game day in 'live chat' bad.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    So, even with the prospect of sidney coming back and the team gelling, you don't think we can beat washingtom and donovan mcnabb who doesn't have the 'cardiovascular stamina' to run the 2 minute offense?

You also don't think we can beat buffalo, the worst team in the league?

BTW: not one player has said they are confused, demoralized or that the team is divided. These are professionals and adults, give them more creadit then that.
    An excellent post my friend, especially that last para....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Divided team? Demorilized Team? Confused Team?

I see a team thats OL is now playing above par with the starting Center back in place.
    Above par? Really? I think that Sully puts us back to mediocre, but Loadholt is becoming more of an issue. And how does this phenomenal "Run blocking unit" get stuffed on a 4th and 1?

I still think they're over rated.

Marrdro wrote:
    I see a team thats starting QB didn't seem to have any ills related to his elbow but is having a bit of a mobility issue.
    What happened to all the "Bench Favre now, start Jackson..we need to see what he can do" bullpuckey? Where are all those calls for Favre being benched?

Were they all WRONG last week?

Looks like...

Marrdro wrote:
    I see a team who has the greatest RB to play the game still back there ready to carry the team.
    Now we're back to having players "carry the team"? When are you going to let that notion go?

No one can carry this team. Not the receivers (who will now suffer with Moss removal), not Favre, and not Peterson. How many Championships did Detroit win with Barry Sanders?

The TEAM is fragmented. Our O-line is playing sporadically, our receiver corps is dysfunctional (And Berrian is wearing Williamson's old gloves...the ones with goose grease on them), our QB is banged up and still not back to form, and you want to drop it all on Peterson?

Not while Chiller pulls the strings.

Marrdro wrote:
    I see a team who is struggling with thier DL play, but should be able to figure that out. Hell, talent alone should eventually prevail with that front 4.
    Even though it HASN'T for the past 7 games.

I have no idea what the dysfunction of our front 4 is, but if Frazier doesn't get that unit rolling, I see HIS HC credibility fading quickly...

Marrdro wrote:
    I see a break out game against the Cards. Just what the doctors ordered to fix all our woes.
    Ummmm....didn't Jackson have a "Break out game against the Cards" back in '08? How did that work out for him?

Marrdro wrote:
    If not, I am confident that this HC and his staff will do the right thing to make things right. Even if that takes us into next year to make it right.
    Oh my God NO!!!! The ONLY way this HC and his staff can "do the right thing" is if they all quit immediately, and refund the Vikings their collective salary for the past 4 years.

How you can cling to your vision of Childress being a good or even capable coach despite all the evidence to the contrary is amazing.

No wonder you're buying beer next year...

Marrdro wrote:
    On a side note, anyone (Mars ) still think our biggest need going into last years draft was a CB or a DT? :P
    Our biggest needs are:

Head Coach + staff (Must not suck, must not wear flight attendant uniforms or cross dress)
    Quarterback - Must not be old, must actually have talent.
    Receiver - must be able to get open and actually CATCH the ball.
    DT - Must be able to collapse the pocket.
    CB/S - Must be able to cover receivers and occasionally intercept passes. Giving up easy Touchdowns (I'm looking at you, Lito Sheppard and Asher Allen) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
    and a large cooler...

...to hold the beer you'll be buying me next season.

Caine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast