Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Can We Attract Quality FAs?

Quality free agents, especially those approaching or are at the zenith of their career seek out teams who have potential for the Super Bowl.
    Yes, some go for the almighty paycheck, but they also want The Ring.
    Do you think we currently have an organization that will attract quality FAs'?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

aceclown is offline Coach

Re: Can We Attract Quality FAs?

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    Quality free agents, especially those approaching or are at the zenith of their career seek out teams who have potential for the Super Bowl.
    We're a 6-10 team.
    Does that answer your question?

Chuch.

maxinator11 is offline Rookie

Speaking as a NFL fan as well as a Viking fan: Yes... because, we have an owner who wants to win and get us players that will help us win. Also, we have a very strong Running Back with an astounding Offensive/Defensive line, our linebackers/Secondary aren't gr8 but can get better w/ leadership qualities from our Defensive Coordinator. We will pick up some gr8 potential... i definetly see us talking about a Ring next season wen we're a number 3-6 seed...

"aceclown" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    We're a 6-10 team.
    Does that answer your question?
    It points out we were
    a subpar team last season.
    But it doesn't mean we're that far off from a ring.
    Didn't the Patriots have a terrible season before they hit the Super Bowl?
    Sometimes it only takes a few key players to shoot you to the top.
    Edmund Burke

PurplePlain is offline Rookie

My opinion is the it is all about the money. Show them the money and they will go anywhere. Sure they may talk about the "ring" , and even some may base some of their decision on that. But........ if a FA has an offer that is several million more than that of a "super bowl" worthy team...... they'll take the $$$$

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePlain" wrote:
    My opinion is the it is all about the money. Show them the money and they will go anywhere. Sure they may talk about the "ring" , and even some may base some of their decision on that. But........ if a FA has an offer that is several million more than that of a "super bowl" worthy team...... they'll take the $$$$
    I agree.

If it wasn't about the money Edgerin James wouldn't have gone to the Cards.

Money does talk!
    Show me da money!
    The Ring potential would probably be a tie-breaker between two teams who are close on the salary.
    Edmund Burke

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

If we're willing to pay enough money, we can get 95% of the guys we would want.
    Now the players wanting a shot to get a ring and have only 1 or 2 years left in their career might not be so fast to jump on the oppertunity to play for us.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

No, the Vikings are not really attractive to FA's. Cold weather (tons of these guys come from southern states/universities and are all askeered of a little bit of snow), small market team, not a whole lot of media or endorsement $$. Also, Tomlin's gone and our defensive coodinator position has been an absolute turnstile for the past 6 years or so. That looks bad to pro athletes...especially with Childress being as hated as he apparently is with the players.
    The Vikes will have to be VERY aggressive in bidding on good players when those players are getting offers from more profitable teams in bigger cities. Even with the salary cap and all, teams/ownership that bring in more money can provide better facilities and resources for their players. Vikes have a decrepit dome and Ziggy is still working on providing the perks that other teams have been providing for over a decade.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

We could be oakland right now and if we offered a player enough he'd come. Except Peyton Manning who after winning a super bowl and being its mvp spoke with Indy about lowering his pay for the sake of the team. Thats a guy whoo wants a win over money and a true football player.

Sure he probably gets more money doing commercials every year then playing buthes still not as greedy as others

Heres a link for everyone cap salary this year. We have 31.5 million

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast