Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Can the Vikings run a "Spread" offense?

"V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=47930.msg838200#msg838200 date=1221670249]
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=47930.msg838190#msg838190 date=1221669927]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=47930.msg838174#msg838174 date=1221669422]
    I don't think our tackles suck.. Ryan Cook has done just fine this year

And Hicks so far has held his own against 2 of the best in the business.. Of course giving up a play or 2

When we ran 3 wide it gave us just enough protection to hit on the quick stuff

Throw another in there sometimes and let them know we aren't scared.. You don't need much time to set up slants and things like that..

I think Allison could even get deep enough for a deep post before Tarvaris even gets close to getting hit

Make this happen coaches
    Cook definitely looked better this last week than he did against the Pack, you're right about him improving. But I seriously believe Artis Hicks is one of the worst players in the NFL. He's truly awful. And spreading out their splits, will make him(and Cook) even worse.

Ehhh I wouldn't go that far my friend.. Although there are plenty of people I would like in instead of Hicks

I think spreading out the D would work a little better with one TE in the block and when McKinnie comes back

Send the 3 WR's on quick slants in the middle and BB deep

And AP out into the flats
    So who is going to throw them the ball? BTW I think you meant O.
    Well the objective of spreading the offense is to spread the defense.

So I guess you could say either one in that case.
    "Well the objective of spreading the offense is to spread the defense."
    And there in lies my reasoning. To get 8 or 9 out of the box.
    [/quote]

But you don't need to run the spread to get 8 or 9 out of the box. Keep in mind that the field can be stretched in two directions. Which is why we brought in Berrian.... to stretch it vertically.
    [/quote]

We tried it a few times and they still kept 8 in the box

Maybe with Gus he can air it out
    [/quote]

I guess we won't decide it will we?
    LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=47930.msg838203#msg838203 date=1221670384]

And Hicks so far has held his own against 2 of the best in the business.. Of course giving up a play or 2

Throw another in there sometimes and let them know we aren't scared.. You don't need much time to set up slants and things like that..

I think Allison could even get deep enough for a deep post before Tarvaris even gets close to getting hit

Make this happen coaches
    Cook definitely looked better this last week than he did against the Pack, you're right about him improving. But I seriously believe Artis Hicks is one of the worst players in the NFL. He's truly awful. And spreading out their splits, will make him(and Cook) even worse.

Ehhh I wouldn't go that far my friend.. Although there are plenty of people I would like in instead of Hicks

I think spreading out the D would work a little better with one TE in the block and when McKinnie comes back

[/quote]

But you don't need to run the spread to get 8 or 9 out of the box. Keep in mind that the field can be stretched in two directions. Which is why we brought in Berrian.... to stretch it vertically.
    [/quote]

But Aerrian isn't doing it because with his sore toe he doesn't have the speed or the moves.
    [/quote]
    But Peterson has rushed for 263 yards in 2 games. I don't think he had 263 combined in the last 5 games of the season last year. I think Berrian's presence alone is enough to keep a safety out of the box.
    [/quote]

I think it's because AP is back from injury fresh

They always played 1 safety back

Occasionly slipping him closer to the box on sure run downs (1st and 2nd down in Chilly's KOA)

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Well... can re run it with Gus?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Make this happen coaches

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Teams don't need to go to their nickel package against our 3 WR sets, and a lot of times they don't. Fear of AD opens the pass, we just can't take advantage.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=47930.msg838203#msg838203 date=1221670384]

Make this happen coaches

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Teams don't need to go to their nickel package against our 3 WR sets, and a lot of times they don't. Fear of AD opens the pass, we just can't take advantage.
    [/quote]

I hope they would otherwise it would leave 1 person wide open

Actually I hope they don't and leave the guy wide open

Watch the Pack game again.. They jumped to their nickle when we ran 3 wide

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123