Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Can Vikings Overtake Favre-less Packers?

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    Wow, I don't know about this guy... I mean, he predicts that the Bears and Lions will combine for 13 wins.... I personally think double digits there is a little much...

And he has the Packers winning the division. Everyone knows that's crap.
    I don't.

GB will not be a push-over & will prbably be better than most people here expect.

Rodgers has completed 72% of his passes this year & has completed 83% of them in the last two games.

Jackson has completed 68% of his.

Peterson & Taylor are averaging just 2.6 & 2.5 YPC this preseason, while Brandon Jackson is averaging 4.3. No stats on Ryan Grant yet.
    It scares me as well but we still have not seen him play a complete game. Preseason snaps are fine but teams will start to actually game plan for the season. Could be a big difference. Plus I am still in the boat that says Rodgers does not scare defenses like Favre did. All sides of the ball will be hurting. It will make a difference come season time. They might not be a pushover but they will not be better than the Vikings. We will take this division. That is if we can stay away from injuries.
    But he doesn't have to scare defenses like Farve did. Our defense has made many average QB's look like pro bowlers in the last few years. And they have proven that grant can run well against our defense so he doesn't have to look great, just better than Jackson.
    Very true about us making average QBs look great. Grant ran well against us with Favre at QB. There will be a difference with Rodgers.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

If we stay healthy we should beat them out by a game or two. Next Monday we should know tho

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Lions will be better than alot of you think.
    8-8 (9-7)

The Bores will also be a tough beat but will lose a few close ones 7-9 (8-8)

GB wasn't looking that bad and would have contended this year but the losses of 4 starters on D will kill them early. 9-7 (10-6)

The Vikes are the best team in the division when our OL is complete but McKinnies suspension hurts.
    11-5 (10-6/12-4).

We should be able to beat GB in the opener.
    Put Hicks in for Mac with Klieny in his hip pocket if necessary but the loss of KGB, thier DT and Secondary injuries we should be able to run at will as well as effectively use the short passing game to control the TOP and keep thier O off the field.

When thier O does get on the field our DL (with a few LB, S blitz's) keep the young QB rattled enough to 3 and out or turn the ball over.
    Keep Phat Pat in to stiffle Grant and we should walk away with a win.

We should also be able to beat Indy.
    The loss of Saturday is huge.
    Throw in the fact that they are also suffering from the injury bug and won't be in synch (especially the Pre-snap calls between C and QB) and our D should be able to eat that smallish OL for lunch.

Car is the one that I think we might stumble on a bit and then we should be able to contain VY running.
    Because he can't pass we will load the box and go into the bye week with one loss.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Not really related to the thread, but I don't care.
    Felt like posting it.

[size=12pt]Favre Talks About Green Bay Exit, Says Comparing Him to Rodgers Is 'Ridiculous'[/size]
    Posted Aug 30th 2008 10:50PM
    by Will Brinson
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Nothing will be a gimmie in our rise to the top of the NFCN, Black and Blue Football is always a tough contest. Never mind the win/loss column all games are tough. I'm looking for a sloppy win in Lamblow with turnovers and penalties shaping the game. Our defense will win it in the end.

It's going to take our offense a couple games to really get in sync, with the loss of McKinnie we will be forced to slide protection, chip with a back, and use 3-5 step drops. But the strength of our team is the running game and the Pack is focusing on stopping them, so quick west coast passing is gonna be big to back them off the LOS. The bottom line is that AD and Chester will again be the focus of other teams defensive planning, so it is important that Tarvaris finds his quick release short game quickly.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Favre is pathetic

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    Favre is pathetic
    Wait until you see Aaron Rodgers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12