Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Can Vikings "D" rank in top 10?

I like that real football site. They are unbiased and really look at the present season, without the influences of our previous performances. Too many count us out b/c that's been the safe bet for years. No one is willing to admit that we've improved, except for those like realfootball. Kudos to them for not jumping on the Vikings hate train.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Top 10 would be nice but I'll be happy to see them crack the top 20 first.

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Purple Herring is offline Training Camp

That article was a great read and well reasoned. I think the Vikings defence will perform eally well this season, especially with Haslett as Co-Ordinator.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Together we eat. Rushing (and) coverage works together. At times we get coverage sacks, at times we get pressure interceptions. It's what it's about. That's part of being a member of the unit. They recognize the grunge work that maybe doesn't get recognized a lot of the times. So together we eat," said Tomlin.

This year the Minnesota Vikings ' defense may eat itself right into the NFL's top 10
    well lets start by devouring the redskins

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Yes, the Vikings were ranked 28th in total defense last year..
    but lets break it down some.

What was the defense ranked during the Culpecker games (including Carolina)?
    And what was the defense ranked during the Johnson games?

I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that pre-blown knee, the Vikings defense was horrendious, ranked 30-something I think.
    With BJ and during the win streak I thought someone said they were ranked in the late teens?
    That's a nice jump in and of itself.

Now, lets take away the defensive scheme that Cotrell had and add the simpler Tampa 2 that Tomlin runs..
    I think it's safe to say that the Vikings defense will improve from last year.

The question remains, though, is how much?
    Lets hope top 10.. lol
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

"Formo" wrote:

I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that pre-blown knee, the Vikings defense was horrendious, ranked 30-something I think.
    With BJ and during the win streak I thought someone said they were ranked in the late teens?

Now, lets take away the defensive scheme that Cotrell had and add the simpler Tampa 2 that Tomlin runs..

Lets hope top 10.. lol
    And i hope you also realize the teams we beat at the end of the year were bad teams.
    I think this team if it remains healthy could be top 15, if this team were to make the playoffs they would have to be top 5 to off set the bad offence
    You republican whore!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Formo" wrote:

Lets hope top 10.. lol
    Culpeppers knee had nothing to do with it. It was after (Winfield I believe) made it public that Cotrell's defense had the DB's handcuffed. That's when Tice stepped in & tore a bunch of pages out of Cottrells handbook, got involved in the defense & the defense turned around.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:

Lets hope top 10.. lol
    Culpeppers knee had nothing to do with it. It was after (Winfield I believe) made it public that Cotrell's defense had the DB's handcuffed. That's when Tice stepped in & tore a bunch of pages out of Cottrells handbook, got involved in the defense & the defense turned around.
    Maybe not his knee but his brain sure was a problem.
    With Daunte our defense never got a break.
    His fumbles and INT's kept them constantly on the field.
    He was almost single handidly wearing them out.

Johnson on the other hand kept the chains moving and rarely turned the ball over.
    Which kept our defense fresh and, wouldn't you know it, they played better.

vikingbill50 is offline Starter

very well put and i totally agree, i tdont matter how good of shape your in, if your playing that much time on the field in defense, your gonna get tired and injuries happen...
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123