Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    skogs02 is offline Starter

Can the Vikes win out?

I really think that they can win the rest of their games from here on out.Moss is going to be back, with him in there i think we will be able to run the ball well once again.I know its only the lions but the defense looked really good in the second half.

CrazyAtMSU is offline Training Camp

Can the Vikes win out?

i don't see them winning out. Defense did look good in the second half but they had good spirts each of the last 3 games. Randy Moss will make a huge difference, but i don't think that this team is that good. And i definately don't think they have the right mindset.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Can the Vikes win out?

As a fan, I can hope and say yes.
    If I had to put money down, I would say no.
    I do believe they are very capable of running the table but I see them faltering one more game and ending up 11-5.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Can the Vikes win out?

Even though I always stand by my team, I doubt we could win out. I think we will have another "ugly" loss or 2. I am just being realistic.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Can the Vikes win out?

"skogs02" wrote:
    I know its only the lions but the defense looked really good in the second half.
    I'd say they looked pretty good in the second half, but they looked pathetic in the first half. They barely beat the Lions. While our schedule gets easier, we do play teams better then the Lions. I don't see us winning out. I'd say 40% chance we win the division. Green Bay has played well. Anything can happen though, lots of football to be played yet.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Can the Vikes win out?

They will win out the last half of their schedule.
    The excitment on the sidelines was great last
    night. The defense got some big plays and some
    much needed confidence. It's pretty much a done
    deal.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Packerguy is offline Rookie

Re: Can the Vikes win out?

"skogs02" wrote:
    I really think that they can win the rest of their games from here on out.Moss is going to be back, with him in there i think we will be able to run the ball well once again.I know its only the lions but the defense looked really good in the second half.

Getting Moss back will certainly help but the kind of thinking u have usually leads to disappointment. Not to mention the vikings really havent played very well the last few weeks.

One more thing, and I hope this doesn't happen, but hamstrings are nasty little injuries and moss could tweak that thing anytime. I doubt he will be 100 percent the rest of the year.

My thinking is I would much rather beat the vikings with moss than without.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Can the Vikes win out?

I think it is possible. I also wouldn't bet on it.

The Vikes eaked one out against the Lions. I was high on them last week and then this week they came out and lulled me to sleep in the first half and really pissed me off. I think the whole problem is we are trying to protect our D with ball control. Our players fall a sleep doing that. Also, DC plays his best in the fast paced Offense.

It is of the utmost importance that we go out and score first from here on out if we want to win the rest of the games. It give our D momentum. They may have to be on the field a little bit more if we score fast but that is our style and we need to stick with it. Maybe next year we can go into it differently with an improved D but until that D improves the offense is our Staple to winning. Look at the Colts. Actually, their D has improved a bit and is starting to make a few plays. That is all we need is a few plays(series) a game.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Can the Vikes win out?

"XTAP59" wrote:
    As a fan, I can hope and say yes.
    If I had to put money down, I would say no.
    I do believe they are very capable of running the table but I see them faltering one more game and ending up 11-5.

I'd say that is pretty close to where I'm at at the moment.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Can the Vikes win out?

Can they? Yes. They do not play another team that is "clearly superior" to them.

Will they? Highly doubtful. All you have to do is look at their history (at least in the post-Super Bowl years). The Vikings (as do many teams) make a habit of losing a game they shouldn't, or a good team (Jacksonville, Seattle, Green Bay) will outplay the Vikings or the Vikings will shoot themselves in the foot badly enough to cost the Vikings a win.

Obviously, I think the three "good" teams I have listed have the best chance of beating the Vikings. It is also relatively easy to make a case as to why the Vikings can/should win those games. If nothing else, they are all at the Metrodome. You can't underestimate the value of home field advantage, especially in the Thunder Dome.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast