Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can U Imagine?

Can U Imagine?

It's so fun to watch Jared Allen line up and constantly disrupt the backfield. Yes at times he over penetrates but he is definitely one of the top DE's in the league. The amount of damage this one guy does for us on the right side is awesome, and is a huge advantage for our D.

I guess in this situation I should and normally would be happy...but I'm not. WHO is picking up the slack on the other side. Ray Edwards? I think not. This guy is definitely underachieving big time. Here is my reasoning. Remember when Hovan looked like such a stud, a lot of people liked the guy including myself. What happened after Johnny Randle left? Hovan fell of the map. He turned into a complete non factor.

Now looking at it from that perspective Ray Edwards doesn't even look like a Hovan, even though you have opposing teams scheming/figuring chips for Jared and he still does damage. What does Ray do? He's still a non factor. Can you imagine how much worse he would look if there was no Jared Allen? I think you all get my point and I hope I don't sound to negative, but if we could plug someone in on the left side with 3/4 the talent of Jared we would be insane in the pass rush department. I feel we need to pursue someone to fill gap that Ray is not.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Can U Imagine?

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:

It's so fun to watch Jared Allen line up and constantly disrupt the backfield. Yes at times he over penetrates but he is definitely one of the top DE's in the league. The amount of damage this one guy does for us on the right side is awesome, and is a huge advantage for our D.

I guess in this situation I should and normally would be happy...but I'm not. WHO is picking up the slack on the other side. Ray Edwards? I think not. This guy is definitely underachieving big time. Here is my reasoning. Remember when Hovan looked like such a stud, a lot of people liked the guy including myself. What happened after Johnny Randle left? Hovan fell of the map. He turned into a complete non factor.

Now looking at it from that perspective Ray Edwards doesn't even look like a Hovan, even though you have opposing teams scheming/figuring chips for Jared and he still does damage. What does Ray do? He's still a non factor. Can you imagine how much worse he would look if there was no Jared Allen? I think you all get my point and I hope I don't sound to negative, but if we could plug someone in on the left side with 3/4 the talent of Jared we would be insane in the pass rush department. I feel we need to pursue someone to fill gap that Ray is not.
    I can almost guarentee Marrdro will have something say about this.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

I doubt it... he would contend that the RDE is the run stopper and his importance in pressuring the QB is less... however I believe that argument is null and void in 3rd and long and other known passing situations... sure, on 1st and 2nd downs when you're playing straight up I have no issue with him playing contain and not going after pressure if it does become a pass... but when the D is able to pin their ears back and go all out after the QB, we should be getting pressure off the right side and we aren't... all he was doing was jumping offsides trying to guess a snap count.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Hey Jargo. I hope a lot of people have something to say, cause I am not happy with Ray. He's no bum, but he's not producing. Like the Chilli likes to say...'what have you done for me lately' ?
    We need a tandem like the colts have. Maximum damage. No excuses.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Robison always seems to be around the ball when he's in the game, I say give him some more snaps. If he produces make him the starter, simple as that.

"Mr" wrote:
    Robison always seems to be around the ball when he's in the game, I say give him some more snaps. If he produces make him the starter, simple as that.
    Ya, I guess I haven't seen enough of Robison to make any judgements. He seems like he is always in pursuit which I like and he puts out great effort in my opinion, but the verdict is still out on him until we can see more of him.

I think Robinson should get more snaps.
    I like his constant motor, his never quit attitude.
    On a lighter note when I saw the title of this thread my imagination started doing strange things, like can u imagine is JA and John Randle were on the field at the same time?
    Insanity squared!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    No.
    +1
    We're bringing purple back.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I'm not thrilled with Edwards and his contract is up after this year.
    Again the whole CBA issue, he may be a RFA.
    Whatever the result I think Robison is a better option and will most likely cost less.

LDE could very well be a high draft spot in 2010 also.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast