Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Tice now!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Can Tice now!

Why wait until the x-mas rush fire him now. He continues to throw the flag at the wrong times. This team look's totally out of controll. I look and see the linebackers in the secondary and on the line during the same play. I for one do not understand the defensive sets. I know there are alot of injuries but that comes from the players not being in shape or being properly warmed up and streched out before a game. I looked at the bench in the first half and all I saw faces down in the dirt. I for one do not see Tice improving nor do I see much life in this team. I say the teams that are winning are getting coached properly. I see GB playing well, Dever looking good (they switched to a strong defensive look this year). To me this team looks much like last year so I do not want to wait anymore. Serve up his head now!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Can Tice now!

man you naysayers make me proud.

Can Tice now!

What can I say Webby I have been screaming for his head sense last year's bust, at least I do stick to my guns.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Can Tice now!

I know, I don't agree, so I didn't trash you specifically. Its a sense of wonderment of chicken little running around all the time. Pissing and moaning. We'll never win again attitude. You know who you are.

Can Tice now!

I also forgot to mention Tice alowing Moss to play for two weeks just to keep his stats for games started going and now he is gone for a month. That is being a bad head coach when the team is not considered first.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Can Tice now!

Tice will be here next year.Regardless of anyones thoughts on his coaching ability, the fact is his option is less $$ than what Red could pay for ANY other coach out there. Red has no desire to dish out extra money.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Can Tice now!

I have to agree.
    Tice was an offensive line coach elevated to head coach. He had absolutely zero experience as a HC at any level and here he is the HC for Minnesota.
    It shows. Penalties plague the team. Special teams are terrible. We have kickers who applied and received social security, linebackers who don't know where to be, zero clock management, zero adjustments, and almost nil discipline.

I like Tice, I really do. I just don't think he is ready for a HC job.

hopefully, the new owner will clean house and alas, we will start anew yet again.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Can Tice now!

Kill this thread.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Can Tice now!

Sometime Tice worries me but i have come to realize it may not be his fault that we burn our timeouts before the first quarter is over. Maybe it's Pepp's fault or Linehans, who knows. Replacing Tice right now is not a good idea.

This is not the same team as last year. Danski i strongly disagree with your quote about "there's no life in this team" thats some real bullsh*t because this team has heart, they dont stop fighting, they work there asses off.

If i'm not wrong this offseason workouts brang in record numbers. These guys are in shape. Football is a violent sports, injuries happen.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Can Tice now!

We are in a Catch 22 with Tice...he is here for the rest of the season, no doubt (so we need to let him dig himself out of the hole that he has put the team in...if you can call 5-4 and still tied for 1st a hole). If Tice IS fired next year, who do we replace him with...it HAS to be someone who could step in and take this team to the Super Bowl in ONE year, because no matter who the coach is, the Vikings are primed to make a BIG run at winning it all! I am inclined to think that if Tice rights the ship and takes the team deep into the playoffs, he would still get to keep his job next year. Continuity is very underrated in this league...look at New England, do they have the run that they have had the last few years if either or both of their coordinators get head coaching jobs last year or the year before...NO F*CKING WAY! That is our dilemna!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast