Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Can Tarvaris Jackson take this team to the next level?

"nailhead77" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    Drat picks? Un-frickin-believable.

If earlier draft picks won championships then the Lions would be on top right now and teams like the Colts wouldn't be worth anything because they consistently pick high.

The 32nd pick in the first round is my goal.
    Im not saying draft picks are the answer to the teams problems.
    This is my question, Would you rather be teased and get close to the playoffs only to blow it in the last month of the season or cut our losses with tjackoff and start gus or even booty, and if we lose a couple more games than we would have....so what.

Im also not saying do it right now,
    but if we start out 0-3 or 1-5 or something along those lines........why the hell not!

This guy has THE BEST running game in the nfl and still cant break 200yrds passing!
    Holly Crap! Did you ever play ball at the HS or College level? I can't believe you or anyone would admit defeat and just fold up. Heck, I'd rather the team win games and not make it to the playoffs than lose a couple of more games to get a better draft pick. Man that is pretty pathetic thinking.

"grpape" wrote:
    "nailhead77" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

If earlier draft picks won championships then the Lions would be on top right now and teams like the Colts wouldn't be worth anything because they consistently pick high.

This is my question, Would you rather be teased and get close to the playoffs only to blow it in the last month of the season or cut our losses with tjackoff and start gus or even booty, and if we lose a couple more games than we would have....so what.

but if we start out 0-3 or 1-5 or something along those lines........why the hell not!

This guy has THE BEST running game in the nfl and still cant break 200yrds passing!
    Holly Crap! Did you ever play ball at the HS or College level? I can't believe you or anyone would admit defeat and just fold up. Heck, I'd rather the team win games and not make it to the playoffs than lose a couple of more games to get a better draft pick. Man that is pretty pathetic thinking.
    I'm definitely with you on that one grpape. Also, say we do do that. How many of our players are going to want to stick around? You ever hear AP talk about how he wants to win? You think he's going to want to play for a team that tried to lose? What about the veterans that want to win it all? Heck, what about any of the players? Or coaches? Or owners? Or fans? Who is going to put up with that crap?
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    "nailhead77" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

I'm definitely with you on that one grpape. Also, say we do do that. How many of our players are going to want to stick around? You ever hear AP talk about how he wants to win? You think he's going to want to play for a team that tried to lose? What about the veterans that want to win it all? Heck, what about any of the players? Or coaches? Or owners? Or fans? Who is going to put up with that crap?
    I'm with ya guys on this one.
    I'm not a TJ fan, but I would NEVER pull him if I thought he wasn't the best man for the job.

Which in a few more games like the last one and I would think Gus would be worth a look see.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

If TJ throws for only 6 yards in a half, and throws a game losing INT with seconds left to win the game, Id say no. I thought Rogers was supposed to be the rusty one. TJ is the one who looked like it was his first start, with a brief glimmer of hope in the 3rd.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

T-Jack for prez

ragz is offline GM

"CCthebest" wrote:
    If TJ throws for only 6 yards in a half, and throws a game losing INT with seconds left to win the game, Id say no. I thought Rogers was supposed to be the rusty one. TJ is the one who looked like it was his first start, with a brief glimmer of hope in the 3rd.
    what's that say about our defense that we want to compare to the 2000 ravens?
    i seriously doubt rogers would have had it so easy against them.
    but according to some posters if dilfer was our qb we'd be a super bowl contender.
    how many other things would have to go on in a game for the blame not to be squarely placed on tavaris?
    i'm just wondering, cuz some of you guys sound like you watched a different game than i did.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ragz" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    what's that say about our defense that we want to compare to the 2000 ravens?
    i seriously doubt rogers would have had it so easy against them.
    but according to some posters if dilfer was our qb we'd be a super bowl contender.
    how many other things would have to go on in a game for the blame not to be squarely placed on tavaris?
    i'm just wondering, cuz some of you guys sound like you watched a different game than i did.
    I watched a game where the D played above average, and the O played below average. I understand you expect the D to be great and the O to be average, but I guess we need to come to terms that our D is GOOD. They are not invincible. They are not the 2000 Ravens, but they do give us enough for our offense to win games. They almost always keep it close, and they almost always limit great offenses. That is good enough for me.

The Packers were the 4th highest scoring offense last year. They scored 34 in this game last year. Much of our densive dominance in that game was dependant on the fact the Rodgers was not ready, but he was. I understand that Allen was ineffective and our DBs didn't look much better, but you can't expect a defenseive TD every game.

The defensive didn't make many big plays. The offense made less.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819