Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Can Robinson deliver?

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    "like he did in the KC and seattle games"

Weren't most of the scoring plays that actually made a difference scored on Audibles from Culpepper in the KC and Seattle games? Yes.

Going Conservative isn't a bad thing. I don't think Tice said "Make sure NOT to throw a deep Ball to Randy" in the Bears game. And I don't think Tice Told him to run the same 2 draw plays with our slowest runningback when we are trying to score before the half and are behind our own 20 in the Arizona game.

Lets face it, I'm happy with most of the game plans. But how many times when we get into enemy territory were thinking "What the hell was that play"? It wasn't the game plans that were mest up, it was play calling. It was absolutely horrible in the opposing side of the field.

I also think Linehan has SOME say in the game plans. Thats a pretty bad defense of him there muchluv.

As far as our #1 ranked offense, well, He does have the best QB in the NFC, the best WR in the game, a stellar offensive line, and an excellent running game.

Also those rankings are all about yards. Plenty of people have mentioned how the yards were there in the bears game but the points weren't.

Sorry, but when people are on here bitching about our conservative play calling against the weaker teams, they need to know that Tice decides to use that conservative game plan, not linehan. Tice was even asked after one game, can't remember which one, if he thought his conservative game plan was not the right thing to do, and Tice jumped all over the guy for asking that question and he said that it was bad execution that lost us the games and not the conservative gameplan he drew up. This is what tice said. Sounds to me like he is taking responsibility for the conservative plays being called.

Also it was not adefense for linehan, because i don't like him either. All I was saying is that a head coach is the one who decieds which type of plays we use during a game, and Tice said he decied to use a conservative game plan against some teams, and all i hear is vikes fans attackinlinehan for his conservative play calling. It is more on tice than it is one Linehan.

Also just because daunte audibled during the KC and seattle games on a few scoring passes, doesn't mean we weren't more aggressive during that game. That makes no sense!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Can Robinson deliver?

When questioned after the game, didn't Daunte admit the audibles he called were mostly on running plays?

I'm saying, that the plays linehan called didn't lead to agressive scores.

I'll continue to attack Linehan for his conservative play calling. I'm pretty sure Tice doesn't go into each game saying that he doesn't want us to get the best player in the league the ball deep a couple times a quarter, even if we are conservative the rest of the time. I fI hear somethign that says I'm wrong, then I guess I am, but I haven't.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Can Robinson deliver?

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    He does have the best QB in the NFC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

TWISTED is offline Training Camp

Can Robinson deliver?

First off, I dont think they will be throwin the ball nearly as much. Not to Randy, or Robinson, my boy Kliensasser. I think with the talent we have in the backfield, Bennet, Moe, Smith and the new kid there should always be some fresh legs totin the rock. Add that to the monster O-line we are gonna start grindin it out more, especially in the second half. Keep our "finesse" D off the field. Also, let me say that I am a fan of Culpepper... but I cringe when I watch him. He always seems to be 2 seconds away from a turnover. There are times when I question his intelligence. He holds the ball FOREVER and seems unsure of himself and his reads. When he does let one loose deep (over the past 2 seasons) the throws are too late and usually out of bounds. Im I the only one whos noticed that? How many times have you seen Moss put his hand up, and 3 seconds later Pepp lets it loose after the safety has drifted over. Or how many times have you seen the ball go over his shoulder 5 yards out of bounds. Im not tryin to ride him too much, but as soon as he has full confidence in himself and lets the ball loose while Randy can still make a play on it, this O will be unstoppable.
    cf7231f7c41f3d4c4e95634c9d920584

Big C is offline Coordinator

Can Robinson deliver?

Hey, leave Culpepper alone. Focus on Linehan

I will admit Culpepper didn't have his best season last year. However, I think most of the problems he had with his reads and holding the ball too long were AFTER he got injured against Detroit. I think he will have his best season this year. Even with all his faults and interceptions (which were the lowest last year) he will be my QB for years to come.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Can Robinson deliver?

man you all make it wonderfull to be a Viking Fan even though we know our team had a few bugs last year we all know we can do this thing,

I would all so bet pepper got slower after his injury and he was looking to long, waiting on that next hit that would hurt him... thankfully it did not come and he is over it and on to a better year,

The coaches know what they have to do to push the players on the field those eyes in the sky help the guy on the gridiron hit the holes and score the points... but at the end of the game when the lights go out it is the head coach who either falls on his sword or get' the at a boy, the team executes it's a well oiled machine if they don't then they are a team like the Slackers
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

Can Robinson deliver?

As long as health does not become a issue I think Robinson will be a good fit for our offense. It should open up alot of possibilities. I still like Burleson and think he will be a good WR in the NFL. This should help him out as well, give him the chance to learn from both Robinson and Moss.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Can Robinson deliver?

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    When questioned after the game, didn't Daunte admit the audibles he called were mostly on running plays?

I'm saying, that the plays linehan called didn't lead to agressive scores.

I'll continue to attack Linehan for his conservative play calling. I'm pretty sure Tice doesn't go into each game saying that he doesn't want us to get the best player in the league the ball deep a couple times a quarter, even if we are conservative the rest of the time. I fI hear somethign that says I'm wrong, then I guess I am, but I haven't.

Yeah, but i don't consider running plays to be conservative. You have to run the ball, to be effective passing downfield.

Here was my point: Everyone is quick to attack Linehan for our offense being conservative against bad teams, but Tice also needs to get a lot of that blame. Tice has admitted to going more conservative against the Bears and a few other teams. Yes, linehan does suck at play calling, but I just wanted people to understand that tice is also responsible for the conservative play calling.

I do agree that our offense would probably be better off with a different coordinator, but it would slow our offense down, learning a new offense. I just wish we could get a D and O coordinator in here and keep them for 5 years or so. It just takes time for guys to learn a new O and D.

One thing I really hate is those damn zero yard passes out to moss where he manages to fall forward for 1 or 2 yards. Anyone else getting sick of that stupid play that doesn't work?

TWISTED is offline Training Camp

Can Robinson deliver?

"One thing I really hate is those damn zero yard passes out to moss where he manages to fall forward for 1 or 2 yards. Anyone else getting sick of that stupid play that doesn't work? " I agree with that, it seems like a left-over play from the CC days. He always ran it better than Randy does. With the exception of that freaking amazing play against the Saints in the play-offs a few years back where he took it to the house, and just dusted every DB on the field. That play is just there to get Randy a few more touches. Problem is I think that Moss doesn’t really like it, too much contact... not enough scoring. But he'll take it b/c he wants the ball, all the time. Which is fine by me. I want to go on the record right now and say that I think your all wrong about Linehans play calling. I think he dials up the long ball more often than you think. But if Pepp reads 2 DB's and 1 receiver, he wont throw it. Weather its #84 or not. My thoughts on this are; I believe that the coaching staff has brow beaten him into believing that if he cuts down on the turn-overs they'll have a shot to win every game they play. (Which is true to some extent) Because of his dreadful season 2 years ago with all the fumbles, they have made him too conservative. Now most of you think that its the play calling, but don’t think that’s the case. I see Moss throw up his hand on one side. Kelly Cambell streaking down the other sideline, but he dumps off to Kliensasser for the 1st down instead. Hence the high QB ratings. If you don’t believe me, then why did Gus Ferotte step in and just start chuckin long balls. He's a vet who knows that I'll take my chances with Moss down there, even if he's double covered. Do you really think that the play calling got more aggressive with a back-up QB? Nope, same plays, he just let it rip. With all that being said Im a huge Culpepper fan, he just has to learn when to attack and when to lay off.
    cf7231f7c41f3d4c4e95634c9d920584

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Can Robinson deliver?

Don't forget that same play he ran against the Titans and took it to the house for about 60 + yards. I have a picture of him running facing the endzone and behind him are four titans trying to catch him. I don't really mind that play, get him the ball quick and see what he can do with it!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast