Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can Robinson deliver?

linehan must be doing something right if we are ranked 1st in offense
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Can Robinson deliver?

I like Linehan too, I just don't want to see the coaches throttle the offense against lesser teams again (Chicago, San Diego, etc.). Those game plans stunk, period.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Can Robinson deliver?

uhmm i would agree with the chicago gameplan ... that flat out sucked ... give onterrio the ball 30 times ... granted he had a career day but it only netted us 10 points

the san diego game plan stunk? ... that wasn't linehan's fault ... our defense couldn't stop ol' flutie and tomilinson if their lives depended on it ... they put us in a deep hole fast, and linehan had to be agressive in his play calling in order for us to get back into the game ... which is why peppy ended up throwing over 45 times that game

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Can Robinson deliver?

Maybe it was just Chicago.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Can Robinson deliver?

yep, mainly was chicago. Tice even stated before the game that we need to play football in tough guy town or something and run it up there throats. Something simular to that, dont remember. We ran like crazy on them but we couldnt get anything done in the redzone and thus lost and scored 10 points. but hey at least onterrio showed how many yards he could get. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Big C is offline Coordinator

Can Robinson deliver?

I'm hoping Robinson will make a difference. I am also very excited to see Wiggins play. I think we sorely missed a deep-threat TE since we got rid of Chaimberlain. That would explain Jimmys high number of receptions too. This is going to be a VERY good year for the Vikings. I think they have done everything they possibly could (within reason) this off season.

Now if we can keep our players sober...
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

isiah2457 is offline Waterboy

Can Robinson deliver?

I just don't see Robinson staying healthy. He's 29 with a lengthy history of injuries. This year he is going to be playing the most games of his career on artificial turf. I believe Burleson will be starting by the 4th week. Besides with all the other weapons, the 2nd, 3rd, & 4th receivers are not a major concern.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Can Robinson deliver?

"SKOL" wrote:
    I like Linehan too, I just don't want to see the coaches throttle the offense against lesser teams again (Chicago, San Diego, etc.). Those game plans stunk, period.

For all you guys who are quick to blame linehan, you need to know that tice gave him the game plan before every game. It wasn't linehan who decided to go conservative against chicago, arizona, and other bad teams, it was tice who told him to run more conservative plays. If tice would let him call plays, like he did in the KC and seattle games, we would have easily made the playoffs. So you can't blame linehan for us being conservative, because Tice decided before every game how conservative we were gonna be.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, i don't see robinson having a big year, in terms of yards, but he should get a bunch of TD's for us. Robisnon is a big guy, who has a knack for finding the endzone. he will be a big play guy for us some of the time, and he will also be a great goaline target, with his size. I see him having around 700 yards but with 10-12 Td's. It won't be another year with Moe as our #2 leading receier and jimmy as our #3 leading receiver, that is for sure.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Can Robinson deliver?

If Randy can have a normal year (for him), if Robinson can stay healthy he should have around 60 cathes and 8 or 9 TD's just because Moss is drawing double or triple coverage.
    Isiah2457 the vikes have a new turf that is almost like grass.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Can Robinson deliver?

"like he did in the KC and seattle games"

Weren't most of the scoring plays that actually made a difference scored on Audibles from Culpepper in the KC and Seattle games? Yes.

Going Conservative isn't a bad thing. I don't think Tice said "Make sure NOT to throw a deep Ball to Randy" in the Bears game. And I don't think Tice Told him to run the same 2 draw plays with our slowest runningback when we are trying to score before the half and are behind our own 20 in the Arizona game.

Lets face it, I'm happy with most of the game plans. But how many times when we get into enemy territory were thinking "What the hell was that play"? It wasn't the game plans that were mest up, it was play calling. It was absolutely horrible in the opposing side of the field.

I also think Linehan has SOME say in the game plans. Thats a pretty bad defense of him there muchluv.

As far as our #1 ranked offense, well, He does have the best QB in the NFC, the best WR in the game, a stellar offensive line, and an excellent running game.

Also those rankings are all about yards. Plenty of people have mentioned how the yards were there in the bears game but the points weren't.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast