Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Agreed. That is why I am all in this year on Ponder. Either he makes it, or he doesn't and we make a change everywhere.
    Agree with NP and Anglo, he has no excuses this year.. we've invested the #4 pick overall in the draft in an OL to keep him upright, if he still cant make the throws then he will be little more than a career back up at best in this league.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I would like to address some of the points you raise, and explain why I think it will (or won't) be different this year. First, there is still a lot of talk about Ponder not being known for his long ball. While this is true, the idea that he can't throw the long ball is highly exaggerated. Looking back at game tape, his range or accuracy wasn't the biggest issue I saw. His lack of downfield receivers and not being on the same page as his receivers were more of an issue IMHO.
    Most of the knocks I read about his long ball, wasn't about not being able to throw the distance, but more so the way he lobbed/floated the ball down field with a lack of velocity.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    We made similar moves on the offensive line with upgrades at right guard and left tackle. I'm still unsure about letting Hutchinson walk and taking a lineman at #3. I think we made the moves we needed to this offseason.
    (You mean #4)

I would like to think we made an improvement at RG, but that remains to be seen. We also haven't seen what Johnson can or can't do at LG. we may have downgraded that spot. Loadholt, IMO, will be a big weak link again this year & if he doesn't improve immensely in the penalty & sacks given up departments, it will be time to find a new RT.

If we are halfway through the season with Ponder and the offense still isn't clicking, then we aren't going to the post season anyway. Leaving Ponder in for the whole year gives us enough game time to make a solid determination. If he isn't the answer, we can move on, instead of playing some kind of back and forth between Ponder and Webb.
    Sounds familiar to me...........

Vikings QB Christian Ponder talks about the new-look Vikings and their expectations for 2012. Our experts discuss if Ponder can meet his lofty expectations.
    NFL Videos: 32 in 32: Minnesota Vikings

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Sounds familiar to me...........
    yup. Hopefully we learned from past mistakes...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    (You mean #4)

I would like to think we made an improvement at RG, but that remains to be seen. We also haven't seen what Johnson can or can't do at LG. we may have downgraded that spot. Loadholt, IMO, will be a big weak link again this year & if he doesn't improve immensely in the penalty & sacks given up departments, it will be time to find a new RT.
    You're right, forgot about the trade back. Good job, Spielman.

Loadholt really struggles with speed off the edge. I think he's settled in as a run blocker. He'll have less to worry about when an edge rusher makes an inside move on him this year with a decent guard holding his ground next to him, rather than Herrera getting turned around or reaching after getting beat.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910