Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Can it get any worse in Minnesota?

All I gotta say is that we better not let another team get away, because we probably won't be getting another one!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

How much Money does the Minnesota Vikings make Minnesota? I mean really. Couldn't Wilf say guess what you can:

A) pay for a portion of the stadium and keep getting money.
    B) I'll pay for the entire thing and you will not tax me for x ammount of years.
    C) I will pay for it all and you will pay me x ammount of cash to keep me here.
    D) You can eat the loss and get no cash because we are getting the fuck out of dodge.

The saints did this and NO was paying them to stay. If Minnesota won't buck up and embrace the organization that has been a part of the community since the early 60's I would tell them to blow themselves and move the team. It is ridiculous this stadium should have been built years ago.

I don't want them to move, but if they do I'm not blaming the organization.

I agree, wilf is a businessman with no real ties to the community, he will go to where he can make the most money. A simple loan could be paid back with the revenue generated by parking, concessions, ticket taxes, player salary taxes, hotel taxes, etc. Having the Vikings in MN benefits the community in more ways than one

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    That article was bad.

"This is a team that seemingly every "expert" had penned into the postseason. The only question was: Would they lose in the first round, or make it all the way to Detroit for the Super Bowl."

That quote right there sums up the negative media attention to me. VERY few people said the Vikings would be rebuilding with all the changes. Most people decided to call them the champs.

Now to save face, the media needs to find something or someone to blame for the poor performance. They can't go back now and say I was wrong.
    Only the media, how about the disappointed fans? Splash, splash, splash into the drink with you matie.

Del Rio Guest

I don't know about all fans, but the fans on here went wild this offseason. Years of suppression under Red, finally over. As a parting gift we had a free agency feeding frenzy. Not to mention two first round draft picks. Expectations were high....too damn high.

Some people around here kept their cool though tried to stay level. Not buy into the hype.

Don't get me wrong there is hype to be had just not immediate hype. Being a Vikings fan means you have endured some serious poor offseason pickups. This year was different. Fans weren't used to how ineffective simply throwing players at a problem could be.

I think EVEN the TEAM bought into the hype. First game was a shell shock, we shrugged it off. Second game frustration. Third loss was admission, ok we need to work for it. Nothing comes easy. This last game was a battle, it was ugly it was work.

The fact is we still have these players, they know nothing is going to be handed to them, I feel they will work harder and harder I feel this week will be a very good indication of how good of a team we have. We lost boo hoo, hit the drawing board, hit the weights, hit the film. Learn and improve. It's a new team, a new day and we are progressing towards the +

vikeU2 is offline Rookie

Nice post Del Rio! I feel strongly about the fact that this team needs to gel...there are a lot of new players on this team and none have stepped up yet to be the leaders! OK Darren Sharper, Pat Williams and Fred Smoot! Time to join the voices of Daunte, Matt Birk and Cory Chavous and get your team mates in line! Let's go Vikes...only one game out of the lead for the division.
    "Attitude is Everything!"

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I don't know about all fans, but the fans on here went wild this offseason. Years of suppression under Red, finally over. As a parting gift we had a free agency feeding frenzy. Not to mention two first round draft picks. Expectations were high....too gol 'darnit high.
    I wasn't saying all fans, just the ones that are spouting all the negativity trying to come down on the Vikes for letting them down, kinda like the media.

I was talking about the "disappointed fans" and the media that feel like they have been slapped inthe face and are somewhat vidictive.

Del Rio Guest

Yeah I was just saying I can't speak for all fans but some had too high of hopes I think.

I am dissapointed with the season thus far. I want to be 5-0. I am just liking what I am seeing in the games in the form of progression. We are on hard times. Crying about it doesn't make it go away so I watch to see if we improve at all.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'm trying to stay positive, but my positiveness is being tested right now. It sure will increase with a whoopin' of the slackers though!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Yeah I was just saying I can't speak for all fans but some had too high of hopes I think.

I am dissapointed with the season thus far. I want to be 5-0. I am just liking what I am seeing in the games in the form of progression. We are on hard times. Crying about it doesn't make it go away so I watch to see if we improve at all.
    As long as the players don't cry.

I am happy that we don't have a lot of individuals on the team talking bad about other parts of the team, pointing finger. Atleast I have't heard that, anyone anyone???

The team could be totally devided right now. That would really fit this title if that happens, you know, when sportcenter starts getting comments from guys at their locker all disgruntled and crap. With a win, and a good performance by DC, it could get +.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast