Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Fox start?

Vikgarten is offline Waterboy

Can Fox start?

Out of curiousity, who here would be upset if Fox ended up starting as a rookie?

Obviously with the rumors about Chavous, there is a chance that we may end up losing his services. personally, I have never bought into the whole "student of the game thing"...

I mean it's great that he studies so much and has a file on all the teams and stuff. But if you can't make it happen on the field, does it really matter how much you know. I'm probably in the minority, but I wouldn't lose sleep if we had to do without Chavous.

Offord is an option for opposite Sharper, but I don't quite know how I feel about Offord. He looked good when he playd for Chavous last season, but prior to that it seemed like he had a chance to step it up a couple of times, and never did. his coverage is a liability, but on the other hand he hits HARD, and probably tackles better than Chavous, who frequently appears to shy away from hits.

Fox was a captain for a college program that plays an NFL style game. Everyone says that Ohio St. players always translate better into NFL players because of the system they come from. Well this guy was a captain for that system, ehich should say alot about his character and ability.

Would you care if we went with the rookie in his first year?

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Re: Can Fox start?

I would be very upset if we started this guy. He was a terrible pick and he isnt that good exept at blocking field goals. We shouldnt be starting 5th round talent.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

SamDawg84 Guest

if he ended up winning the job it wouldnt bother me as long as he could handle it. wont happen though

Vikgarten is offline Waterboy

"fred3105" wrote:
    I would be very upset if we started this guy. He was a terrible pick and he isnt that good exept at blocking field goals. We shouldnt be starting 5th round talent.
    You thought it was a "terrible" pick?

I will admit, it wasn't who I was thinking we were going to take with the pick... I wasn't exactly happy about it when it happened, but then I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that I probably felt that way because I wasn't expecting it...

Talking to some "THE" OHIO STATE fans (I can't stand OSU) though, I have met alot of people that loved the pick. I guess that we will have to wait and see what happens.

As SamDawg said, if he earns the starting job with a strong training camp and pre-season, then maybe it could happen.

But if not Fox, then who? If Chavous does indeed go elsewhere, what are the choices?

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    if he ended up winning the job it wouldnt bother me as long as he could handle it. wont happen though
    Offord would be named the starter if Chavous is cut and Fox would be competing with him for the spot so that's a moot point. Why are people so against Fox anyways?
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "SamDawg84" wrote:
    Offord would be named the starter if Chavous is cut and Fox would be competing with him for the spot so that's a moot point. Why are people so against Fox anyways?
    I think it has to do with the fact that we drafted him a little early. (IMO)

brian williams or offord . i say put b will back to his position in college.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

what rumor is there of chavous getting cut?!!? :shock:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    what rumor is there of chavous getting cut?!!? :shock:
    You would have to petition webby to give you a new name!

How about Dustinfoxfan? :lol:

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

chavous is supposedly "holding out" so people are making the presumption of a corey chavous release.

i think a michigan fan said that dustin fox sucks. :lol:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast