Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Can Daunte run the offense now?

With Moss finally gone I think the lockerroom of the Vikings might now settle down. The biggest question now is if Culpepper can step up and be the leader all Qb's need to be for the Vikings to be a contender not a pretender!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

alwaysamossfan is offline Training Camp

Of course He can! Lets face it although moss might have been the biggest playmaker on the team he was never a leader, or he would have more to show for it than an 0-2 record in the NFC championship game.
    [img:75c85448ab]http://img183.exs.cx/img183/3447/alwaysamossfan0ld.gif[/img:75c85448ab]
    Sig created by MinnesotaFury

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think we'll be better with DC having sole control of the leadership of this team. Although, I wll miss Moss and his spectacular ability; I think that we will do just fine.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Yes, he showed it last year, with both his demeanor and his Play, Daunte is unquestionably ready, the only questionable I can see on offense is that Line, we need big Dave back, we need to replace Liwienski, we need McKinnie to play hard every game, and most of all we need Jimmy (yeah, I know he isn't an O-Lineman, but he might as well be) and the rest to stay HEALTHY!!!!! Daunte didn't have nearly enough time back there to throw the ball last year, and he still put up amazing numbers.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

yah i agree.. it was crazy he would have to take off out of the pocket every two seconds.. wouldnt you think he would get too tired to throw the ball accuretly? i love pep and i think u can put any WR out there and he will find a way to get him the ball.. we will be a good team next year after this offseason gets going for us

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Can Daunte run the offense now?

"dan3ski" wrote:
    With Moss finally gone I think the lockerroom of the Vikings might now settle down. The biggest question now is if Culpepper can step up and be the leader all Qb's need to be for the Vikings to be a contender not a pretender!

Didn't we get the answer to this question last year?

coreyd is offline Coach

I think the leadership he has shown is just from him being the QB, and not as much as him being a leader. But, now that Moss is gone, I think that he can step up and do the job. Now he is the superstar on offense, and has no distractions. Ex: When Moss mooned the fans in Green Bay who got more coverage....Moss.....or Culpepper? Obviously Moss's incident took away from the outstanding game Pep had, and that wasnt right. Pep was the one who carried that team and made the decisions to win that game. Ex: The toss to Moe in the begining of the game wasnt a called play....he seen the oppurtunity, and snatched it.
    I also think that when you have a player like Moss on your team, you get second guessed a lot on how good you actually are. People were criticizing the heck out of him when Moss was out those few games, and everybody was saying that our O was on the sidelines cause we were losing. I think that kind of messes with you too. One minute your neck and neck with Manning for breaking the record, and the next thing you know, all of the commentators are saying that your going to lose your games because your star receiver is out with an injury.
    I think that a true quarterback that runs his offense isnt afraid to speak his mind to the players.
    With that said, Pep has shown signs of this, but hasnt jumped in yet with both feet. I hope he is ready......

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

But loook at his numbers during those games when Moss was hurt. They still put up points without him. It was the D that needed to step it up when Moss went down, and during the whole season. If they just could've held their ground in some games..... Pep will be fine, he was the man last year! Only a step behind Manning, but with less O. Just wait till the season starts. I think this will be a very good year for Pep and the Vikes!

coreyd is offline Coach

That doesnt mean he can be a leader.......

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"coreyd" wrote:
    That doesnt mean he can be a leader.......
    Yes, numbers do not really reflect leadership. Tough wins, comebacks, and being able to motivate your teammates is what counts in my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast