Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Can Cordarrelle Patterson Become the New Percy Harvin in Minnesota? | Bleacher Report

Even though you guys don't like BR, this one is pretty interesting in that it provides some unique looks at the two players stats (IN COLLEGE).
    Patterson has more upside as a receiver because he is taller, but he is not proven at the NFL level.

In my opinion, Percy Harvin would have made a great running back in the Walsh WCO. Lining him up in the backfield in various formations would have given defenses fits for coverage. Using him in just a few backfield formations allowed defenses to use keys from watching game film.

The Vikings could use Webb or Patterson in a similar way, but having Patterson be able to run deep routes from the X or Y will offset any advantage the Vikings would gain by having him set up in the backfield. I have yet to see Webb take a handoff, which is too bad because his best position may be as a back rather than a receiver.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post

In my opinion, Percy Harvin would have made a great running back in the Walsh WCO. Lining him up in the backfield in various formations would have given defenses fits for coverage. Using him in just a few backfield formations allowed defenses to use keys from watching game film.

Agreed.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    i don't want him to be the next Harvin. I want us to respect him for being the first Cordarelle Patterson.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That was deep.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by nordicned View Post
    thanks for posting the link marrdro, br is a great site to follow for vikings football news.
    lol
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    i don't want him to be the next Harvin. I want us to respect him for being the first Cordarelle Patterson.
    I agree. We do not want Patterson injured, throwing weights at coaches, and dissing his teammates.

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I agree. We do not want Patterson injured, throwing weights at coaches, and dissing his teammates.
    Or being one of the best KR EVER. Or one of the best YaC receivers ive seen. god forbid.Since when is throwing a weight at Childress a bad thing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12