Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Can Cordarrelle Patterson Become the New Percy Harvin in Minnesota? | Bleacher Report

    Even though you guys don't like BR, this one is pretty interesting in that it provides some unique looks at the two players stats (IN COLLEGE).
    Patterson has more upside as a receiver because he is taller, but he is not proven at the NFL level.

    In my opinion, Percy Harvin would have made a great running back in the Walsh WCO. Lining him up in the backfield in various formations would have given defenses fits for coverage. Using him in just a few backfield formations allowed defenses to use keys from watching game film.

    The Vikings could use Webb or Patterson in a similar way, but having Patterson be able to run deep routes from the X or Y will offset any advantage the Vikings would gain by having him set up in the backfield. I have yet to see Webb take a handoff, which is too bad because his best position may be as a back rather than a receiver.

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post

    In my opinion, Percy Harvin would have made a great running back in the Walsh WCO. Lining him up in the backfield in various formations would have given defenses fits for coverage. Using him in just a few backfield formations allowed defenses to use keys from watching game film.

    .

    Agreed.

  3. #13
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471
    i don't want him to be the next Harvin. I want us to respect him for being the first Cordarelle Patterson.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  4. #14
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    That was deep.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by nordicned View Post
    thanks for posting the link marrdro, br is a great site to follow for vikings football news.
    lol
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    i don't want him to be the next Harvin. I want us to respect him for being the first Cordarelle Patterson.
    I agree. We do not want Patterson injured, throwing weights at coaches, and dissing his teammates.

  7. #17
    MossMems is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I agree. We do not want Patterson injured, throwing weights at coaches, and dissing his teammates.
    Or being one of the best KR EVER. Or one of the best YaC receivers ive seen. god forbid.Since when is throwing a weight at Childress a bad thing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •