Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Can Childress Rebuild Culpepper?

but the problem is dauntes knee.

"RK." wrote:
    If Pep does not learn to quick read a defense and execute a 3 step drop and shoot he will not be playing here. You have to be able to do both to play in a west coast offense. As yet I have never seen Pep be able to do that.
    Thats 100% correct right there. Also to add to that Cpep will not recover from that major knee injury and be worth a hoot. IMO Cpep will be real nervous on that bumb knee and you will see the fumbleitis return to his game. Now I really hope my prediction is wrong as when Cpep is on he's alot of fun to watch but that knee really troubles me, after I tore mine it took a long time to have any type of confidence in it and to this day is not 100% maybe 75% at best and that has been 10 years ago. I however am not a pro athlete with pro Docs and trainers but will be amazed if he recovers and will eat crow publicly if I am wrong...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Pep will strive under Chilldress's wing.. Childress has made it work with alot of QB's.. When Donovan went down and they were down to Mcmahon playing with backups he still did pretty good..

Pep will learn that he needs to get rid of the ball or take off with it..

I noticed that he was playing quite well after the first two games.. He was getting into the swing of not playing with Moss for the first time in his career

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"V-Unit" wrote:
    1. Culpepper was playing in a broken offense run by a coordinator that was way over his head
    2. Culpepper can afford to slim up a bit because of the knee and still be just as effective.
    3. Credibility will be easily restored when he leads the team to a few wins.
    4. The boat scandal was a simple mistake and out of character for Culpepper.

Any competent Offensive coordinator is going to put Culpepper in a system that works and maximizes his strengths. Culpepper is going to return to the Pro Bowl next year, and win the Comeback player of the year when he does. I guarantee it.
    here here!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123