Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Can Childress Rebuild Culpepper?

I was very disappointed when I heard Culpepper will be back as the "Franchise" QB next year. I don't imagine us ever winning with him. He played like a high school QB when he had to face adversity without Moss to lean on and no more single coverage. His play was awful and he did not play smart; throwing the ball up for grabs or taking huge sacks instead of throwing it away. Even when Moss was here and the offense was potent, you just get the feeling that Culpepper was gonna put it on the ground or do something dumb eventually. I never got that feeling with Brad.
    Very dissapointed indeed. Oh well, go Vikes.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"magicci" wrote:
    3 first round picks and fitzgerald and or boldin
    Never in a million years would you get that for Pep. His stock is worth a player and a 4th.... MAYBE a 3rd, but i doubt it.

IL-Vike is offline Training Camp

A year ago, Culpepper was the franchise player. Today, he's the franchise problem.

But if the Culpepper we saw this year is the real Culpepper, the Vikings should do everything they can to rehab his image and knee, then trade him.
    I couldn't agree more.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:
    His play was awful and he did not play smart; throwing the ball up for grabs or taking huge sacks instead of throwing it away.
    So what did you want him to do when the O-Line broke down? You don't want him to keep the ball and take the sack... yet you don't want him to throw it away. Yes, his play was awful, but bad coaching decisions and a Birk-less O line need to take some of the blame.

"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:
    Even when Moss was here and the offense was potent, you just get the feeling that Culpepper was gonna put it on the ground or do something dumb eventually.
    Really? I dindnt get that feeling much last year. Oh wait - we had a great OC and a solid line last year. hmmmmmmm.

I think keeping Dante as the starting QB is the best move we could make. It isn't a knock against Brad, who we know can still play, but IMHO Dante is still one of the best QBs out there.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

If Pep does not learn to quick read a defense and execute a 3 step drop and shoot he will not be playing here. You have to be able to do both to play in a west coast offense. As yet I have never seen Pep be able to do that.

WWBGD

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

IF we dont keep pep THen who will replace him answer me that

So what did you want him to do when the O-Line broke down? You don't want him to keep the ball and take the sack... yet you don't want him to throw it away. Yes, his play was awful, but bad coaching decisions and a Birk-less O line need to take some of the blame.

I said "instead" of throwing it away meaning he should be throwing it away.

Really? I dindnt get that feeling much last year. Oh wait - we had a great OC and a solid line last year. hmmmmmmm.

I think keeping Dante as the starting QB is the best move we could make. It isn't a knock against Brad, who we know can still play, but IMHO Dante is still one of the best QBs out there.[/quote]

There's not a QB in the league that wouldn't be a potential Pro Bowl candidate playing in that offense. It's when adversity sets in which separates the the QB's with all the "tools" from the ones that don't necessarily have the proto-type size, arm, etc., but smarts and game savvy. I think we know which of the 2 give us the best chance to WIN.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

What I don't get is how he didn't improve from week to week last season. I don't know that he can change that much.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

test

SamDawg84 Guest

look at wat he did with donovan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast