Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Can Childress, bring in Billick.

No. I want to give Chilly and TJ this season. If we fail to make the playoffs then I want Chilly out. If TJ can't show consistency by the end of the year then I want him out. Get out!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Webby" wrote:
    Whatever it takes to win.
    Billick has been there, I can't decide if Chili can get there or not.

Bah, wait the season out a bit and then start to worry.

Maybe Wilf has him on speed dial already. I'd like Cowher too, and now that we have some weapons...but he's the type of coach that would hate our QB scenario I am sure.

Yes, I pulled that from my ass and I am proud of it because it sounded very neeto.
    LOL! That's pretty much the norm here somedays.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Whatever it takes to win.
    Billick has been there, I can't decide if Chili can get there or not.

Bah, wait the season out a bit and then start to worry.

Maybe Wilf has him on speed dial already. I'd like Cowher too, and now that we have some weapons...but he's the type of coach that would hate our QB scenario I am sure.

Yes, I pulled that from my jiggly butt and I am proud of it because it sounded very neeto.
    LOL! That's pretty much the norm here somedays.
    Most days after the Packer loss. One game does not a season make!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    No. I want to give Chilly and TJ this season. If we fail to make the playoffs then I want Chilly out. If TJ can't show consistency by the end of the year then I want him out. Get out!
    To be replaced by what?
    Alex Smith?
    Jeff Garcia?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

benjamite is offline Training Camp

"ragz" wrote:
    oh geez, i just can't take it anymore.
    billick?
    just like a handful of mediocre at best qbs have gone on to win super bowls with talented teams, coaches have the same thing.
    billick falls into that category.
    is norv turner all of a sudden a great head coach cuz he inheritted a 14-2 team from shottenheimer?
    was our offense just incredibally talented in 98 which is why billick was such a hot commodity to begin with?
    i am totally not the biggest fan of childress, but can we not have this convo after one week?
    if were 2-6 and nothing is working then fine.
    but we lost a close game, on the road, on monday night football, where every facet of the team made a big mistake.

You contradict yourself with that statement there because Brian Billick HAD a mediocre quarterback in Trent Dilfer. and his coaching did take them to the superbowl. He inherited a 6-10 team and in two years they won a ring. If you don't call that good coaching than I don't know what is. I'm not giving up on Chilly yet, but I'm just thinking hypothetically. Bringing in Billick is an interesting thought to me.

I like everyone's idea of bringing in Cowher, and I thought about it too, but I doubt he'd come back after spending his entire career in Pittsburgh and going out on top with a ring. Then again Bret Favre is playing for the Jets now, so anything is possible. Billick just seems more realistic to me.

Everyone also brought up good points with Billick running his team on emotion which leads to some serious up and down seasons, I never thought of that before. Now how about this, we "demote" Chilly to front office, hire DICK VERMEIL as choach and Billick as OC. Vermeil has a ring, also.

This is all completely hypothetical.
    wamp wamp.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Also, can anyone argue with this statement, that I found on wikipedia about Chilly:

"Perhaps the biggest criticism of Childress is his unwillingness and/or inability to make successful offensive adjustments during games. In many games under Childress, the Vikings opening drive is successful, but the offense struggles to move the ball during the rest of the game."

SO TRUE. Our initial drives seem to often go well, and then we fizzle out. K.C. last year is a good example of that.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Also, can anyone argue with this statement, that I found on wikipedia about Chilly:

"Perhaps the biggest criticism of Childress is his unwillingness and/or inability to make successful offensive adjustments during games. In many games under Childress, the Vikings opening drive is successful, but the offense struggles to move the ball during the rest of the game."

SO TRUE. Our initial drives seem to often go well, and then we fizzle out. K.C. last year is a good example of that.
    It looks like someone plagiarized one of my posts from last year

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    To be replaced by what?
    Alex Smith?
    Jeff Garcia?

=Z=
    best player in the league.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    To be replaced by what?
    Alex Smith?
    Jeff Garcia?

=Z=
    best player in the league.
    Good answer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345